If you have experienced an anesthesia error as the result of the negligence of an anesthesiologist or other medical professional, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering, among other losses. We are working with experienced anesthesia error medical malpractice lawyers in RI and MA, who charge no fee unless you receive a settlement or award. Call us toll free 24/7 or contact us online for a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
Have You Been Injured by an Anesthesia Error?
Call Us Now For a Free Case Evaluation!
Why Are There Anesthesia Error Medical Malpractice Cases?
Anesthesia errors are a form of medical malpractice, which occur due to a preventable mistake by a medical professional. You may have a legal claim for anesthesia error if you experienced unnecessary harm as a result of negligence in administering anesthesia. Anesthesia errors can be performed by any medical professional, who administered the anesthetic drug such as: a doctor, nurse, anesthesiologist, or other medical staff members.
What Is My Anesthesia Error Medical Malpractice Case Worth?
When determining the worth of a medical malpractice case, like anesthesia error, certain factors will be taken into consideration:
- Current and Future Medical Bills;
- Lost Wages;
- Loss of Future Earnings;
- Pain and Suffering;
- Among Others.
The experienced anesthesia error medical malpractice lawyers that we work with can answer any questions that you may have regarding the value of your potential medical malpractice lawsuit.
How Do Anesthesia Errors Happen?
Anesthesia errors can happen in many different ways and may be caused by a number of factors. Anesthesia medical malpractice can take place at any time during the surgical process, including in the operating room, during pre-operative preparation, within the confines of the recovery room, within the doctor’s office, or during childbirth.
However, many cases of anesthesia error occur due to negligence of one or more medical professionals. In cases where anesthesia errors are caused by medical staff, the patient or patient’s family may file a lawsuit to recover compensation for the injuries they sustained as a result of the malpractice.
What Are Common Anesthesia Errors?
Anesthesia errors most commonly include:
- Administering too much of one or more of the anesthetic drugs
- Anesthesia awareness, which is caused by administering too little of one or more anesthetic drugs
- Delayed delivery of anesthesia
- Administering the wrong anesthesia drug
- Failure to prevent anesthesia interactions, for example interactions with prescription drugs
- Administering anesthesia to a patient with allergies
- Failure to properly instruct patients prior to anesthesia, such as instructing them to limit their food or liquid intake
- Failure to administer oxygen during surgery and/or properly monitor the patient
- Defective medical devices and/or equipment used during anesthetic administration
What Is Anesthesia Awareness?
Anesthesia awareness, also known as unintended intra-operative awareness, happens when too little anesthetics are given to the patient before a medical procedure. The lack of necessary anesthesia results in the patient being conscious during a procedure.
In these anesthesia awareness cases, patients are powerless and incapable of moving or speaking, and therefore can’t notify doctors that more anesthesia is needed. Patients that experience anesthesia awareness may develop post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as a result.
What Are Injuries Caused By Anesthesia Error Medical Malpractice?
Anesthesia mistakes can result in a number of injuries:
- Dizziness, confusion, and blurred vision
- Tinnitus, or a ringing noise in the ears
- Heart arrhythmia, or abnormal pulse
- Brain or organ damage
- Heart function problems
- Vein, artery, and nerve damage
- Asphyxia, or inadequate oxygen supply
- Blood pressure complications
- Birth defects
- Cardiovascular collapse
- Spinal cord injury, which may cause paralysis
- Malignant hyperthermia, resulting in severe fever and muscle contractions
- Seizures and stroke
- Coma and death
Why Call Us?
Anesthesia error lawsuits are complex and can be difficult to pursue. These challenges make it essential that you find an experienced medical malpractice lawyer to represent you. If you have been affected by an anesthesia, error you could be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering, among other losses. We are working with experienced medical malpractice lawyers who can help you following an anesthesia mistake, so contact us for your free (no obligation) case evaluation.