If you have been injured in a car accident, you may be entitled to a cash settlement for your medical bills, lost income (if any), pain and suffering and other losses. Our experienced Brockton car accident lawyers charge no fee until you receive a settlement or award. Feel free to contact us for a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
Have You Been Injured in an Auto Accident?
Call a Brockton Car Accident Lawyer For a Free Case Evaluation.
Cara Gallucci, the managing attorney in our Brockton office, has been successfully handling car accident cases for over 18 years and is an excellent Brockton car accident lawyer. All of the attorneys in the firm have at least 15 years’ experience in handling car accident cases.
Call d’Oliveira and Associates 24/7 at (508) 436-7000. Our office is located at 130 LIBERTY ST. (SUITE 9) in Brockton, MA, 02301.
1. How Much Do Our Brockton Car Accident Lawyers Charge?
We do not charge any legal fees until you receive settlement or award for your injuries. Our firm does charge the standard 1/3 fee of your settlement or award. We do not charge any fees to handle your property damage claim or for processing your PIP claim for medical bills and lost wages. We also pay for out of pocket costs such as to obtain medical records, police reports, etc. And we obtain these from you if and when you get a settlement.
2. What Steps Should I Immediately Take After A Brockton Car Accident?
- First and foremost, make sure to turn on your hazard lights and do not move your vehicle unless you are in danger.
- If possible, please take photographs of the position of the cars in the accident and any visible injuries.
- Then, call 911 or your local police department and tell them if anyone has been injured or needs medical attention.
- If you can, call a friend or family member to the scene to be a witness and take photos.
- Collect information from any witnesses, including names and telephone numbers before they leave the scene of the accident.
- Be sure to gather information from the other driver regarding their name, address and insurance company.
- If you can, please take some notes of the cars positions, road conditions, the weather, time, place, and any traffic violations.
- Go to the hospital right away if you are injured. Even if you just think you may be hurt or you banged your head, get checked out right away by a doctor. Be aware that sometimes pain may not come about until hours or days after the accident.
3. What is My Brockton Car accident Case Worth?
If you are injured in a Brockton auto accident and you are not at fault, you may be entitled to medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering, among other losses. Our experienced Brockton car accident lawyers are ready to battle with the insurance company to get you a great settlement of your case. The toughest part for us is negotiating with them about your pain and suffering. Insurance companies simply do not value pain and suffering as being worth as much as we do. This is where our many years of experience as Brockton car accident lawyers can be critical… Read more
4. What is Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and Does it Apply to My Brockton Car Accident?
If the vehicle that you were injured in is registered in MA, PIP is an available option for you. Personal Injury Protection or PIP is most commonly referred to as “no fault” insurance. This means that even if you were considered at fault for the accident, you are able to obtain PIP benefits from the vehicle you were in, so long as the car is registered in MA.
This will pay you or anyone else injured in your automobile for medical bills, funeral expenses, and 75% of lost wages. There is a maximum payment which is capped at $8,000 per person injured. If you have health insurance such as Blue Cross/Blue Shield, the no fault insurance carrier will be responsible for only the first $2,000 of the medical bills, and your private health insurance company may pay for the rest. If they do not pay the rest, PIP must pay the balance. Our experienced Brockton car accident lawyers here can walk you through this complex law in Massachusetts.
5. What is Medical Payments Coverage?
Med Pay is insurance coverage that is available to you. Many people have $5,000 (or more) to cover them for medical bills over the PIP amount. This covers anyone in your car and unlike, PIP, this coverage is not mandatory.
6. What if the Other Driver is Uninsured?
In some cases accidents are caused by drivers who have no insurance, or by the driver of a hit-and-run automobile. Both of these situations are considered “uninsured automobiles”. If you are hurt in an accident and the driver has no insurance, there are a few different things available. You may collect uninsured motorist benefits from the automobile you were in at the time the accident occurred, and your insurance company cannot raise your rates if you are not at fault. In some cases, you can collect uninsured motorist benefits from your own automobile insurance company, or any other automobiles insured and owned by members of your household, who are also blood relatives.
7. How to Handle My Property Damage Claim?
In order to make sure that you receive the correct amount for your property damage to your car, have the insurance company look at the car at the auto body shop with your auto body repairman present. Your repairman should discuss your property damage claim with the claims adjustor directly. He is the best person, considering he will be the person fixing your vehicle, to negotiate the value of your property damage claim… Read more
8. What Are Important Things to Know About Dealing With My Insurance Company?
- We highly recommend you speak to an experienced Brockton car accident lawyer first, but if you prefer not to, you should simply a file a claim with your insurance company ASAP after the accident.
- Read your policy and determine the coverage you have to make sure that you are filing proper claims. A knowledgeable Brockton car accident lawyer can guide you through this process.
- Let your insurance company know about the details of the accident. Also include the insurance information of the other parties that were involved in the accident.
- Save any and all paperwork having to do with your claim. This can include any medical bills, repair bills, and other documents or expenses.
- We suggest that you don’t speak to the other party insurance company without speaking with a qualified Brockton car accident lawyer. If you do choose to speak with the other party’s insurance company, do not discuss the specifics as to how the accident occurred and do not accept any offers to settle your case until your doctor tells you that you are fully recovered. We recommend to keep your treatment going until your doctor has discharged you from treatment and you are no longer in pain… Read more
9. What Liability Coverage is Available to Me for My Brockton Car Accident Case?
Massachusetts requires that every automobile have a minimum coverage of $20,000/$40,000. This means that the insurance company will pay up to $20,000 to each injured person, but no more than $40,000 total for all people hurt in the accident. Some car owners do carry more than these minimum limits.
Under this coverage, only the insurance company for the person who is at fault pays. This will compensate any injured people for lost wages, medical expenses, pain and suffering and mental anguish, among other losses. In order to receive a settlement for pain and suffering with this coverage, you must have at least $2,000 in medical bills beforehand or have sustained a broken bone or a scar.
10. What Are Common Types of Auto Accident Injuries?
- Contusions, Lacerations and Abrasions
- Broken Bones
- Brain or Head Injury
- Back or Neck Injury
- Death Cases
11. Why Do I Need an Experienced Brockton Car Accident Lawyer?
The answer is easy. The insurance company’s goal is to offer you as little money as possible in order to settle your case. There are numerous things that a qualified Brockton car accident lawyer can do to help you get the best settlement. This can include overseeing your medical treatment to ensure that your doctors ordered the appropriate tests, gathering and monitoring your medical records to make sure they document any and all pain and suffering you have had, guiding you regarding all aspects of your claim, and most importantly, negotiating with the insurance company to see that you receive an excellent settlement for your injuries.
12. Why Should I Call d’Oliveira & Associates?
- Our law firm has been dealing with auto accident cases for over 25 years.
- Our Brockton car accident lawyer here has over 18 years’ experience.
- We will answer your initial phone call 24/7.
- We offer a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
- We are available to come to you wherever you are, if either you prefer this or are unable to come into one of our 15 offices in RI and MA.
- We will charge no legal fees unless you receive a cash settlement or award.
- We will always return your phone calls as soon as possible.
- We know all the different tricks the insurance company adjustors do to offer you less money than what your car accident case is really worth.
Contact the Law Offices of d’Oliveira & Associates
Call today at 1-800-992-6878, or fill out a contact form for your free (no obligation) consultation.