Injured in an Auto Accident Due to Negligence?
Get Help from an Experienced Coventry Car Accident Lawyer Today!
If you have been injured in a car accident and it is not your fault, you may be entitled to a cash settlement for your medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering, among other losses. Our firm charges no fee until you receive a cash settlement or award. Feel free to contact us toll free or via email for a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
Laura Cameron is the managing attorney of our Coventry office and has been handling car accident cases in Coventry now for over 17 years. Feel free to call us or email us 24/7 at 401-823-3444. Our office is located at 401 Arnold Road, Coventry, RI.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our Clients:
1. What Fees Do I Pay For My Car Accident Case?
You will be charged a 1/3 fee of your settlement or award, which is a standard charge in the field of personal injury. However, you pay nothing unless we get you money.
2. What Is My Case Worth?
If you are hurt in a car accident and you are not at fault, you may be entitled to money for all of your medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering, among other losses. Unfortunately the insurance companies can be stingy when it comes to paying you fairly for your pain and suffering, therefore as your lawyer, we will battle for that compensation the most. The insurance company’s job is to save money by paying you less. This is where our 28 years of experience as Coventry car accident lawyers can be a big help, because we know how to handle your case to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. Read more
3. Should I Contact A Lawyer Right Away?
The statute of limitations for most car accidents in Rhode Island is 3 years. In the case of minors the statute is longer. This simply means you or your lawyer will have 3 years, from the date of the accident, to file a lawsuit against the other driver for the injuries you sustained. Contacting a knowledgeable car accident attorney in Coventry will inform you of the statute of limitations for your case.
4. What Should I Do if the Other Driver Has No Insurance?
You have different options. One option is to collect uninsured motorist benefits from the vehicle you were in at the time of the accident and your insurance company cannot raise your rates if you are not at fault. Also you can collect uninsured motorist benefits from other automobiles insured and owned by people in the household you live in. Read more
5. What About the Damage to My Car?
It is very simple…your auto body repairman should meet with the insurance company’s claims appraiser and examine the damage to your vehicle at the auto body shop. Your car repairman is the best person, since he will be fixing your vehicle, to negotiate your property damage claim. Read more
6. How Should I Deal With the Insurance Companies?
- You must contact your insurance company ASAP and file a claim.
- Make sure that you look at your policy to see what coverages you have to make sure you file the correct claims.
- Save any and all paperwork involved with your car accident claim such as medical bills, repair bills, and any other documents or expenses.
- We highly recommend you speak with an experienced Personal Injury Lawyer in Coventry before talking to the other driver’s insurance company. They will probably call you and try to talk you out of hiring a lawyer. If you are seriously injured, we recommend hiring a lawyer to make sure you get all the money you are entitled to.
- If you make the decision to not hire a lawyer and you decide to speak with the other driver’s insurance company we recommend that you: DO NOT discuss the details as to how the accident happened, DO NOT accept any offers to settle your claim until your doctor has released you from medical treatment and you are fully recovered.
7. What is the Minimum Insurance Coverage that the Other Driver Has to Have in RI?
An owner of a vehicle must carry, in Rhode Island, is 25,000/50,000 dollars minimum. This type of insurance means any person hurt has up to $25,000 coverage, but if two or more persons are hurt, there is $50,000 in coverage for everyone injured.
If your injuries are worth more than the coverage available from the other driver’s insurance company, you should be able to collect underinsured motorist from the car you were in at the time of the collision and/or any vehicles owned by you and members of your household. An experienced car accident lawyer in Coventry can advise you of all available coverages.
8. Why Do I Need An Experienced Car Accident Lawyer?
The answer is simple. The insurance company is going to try to offer you as little money as possible to settle your car accident case. There are many things an experienced Coventry injury lawyer can do to make sure you get a good settlement for your injuries. This includes many different things such as; monitoring your medical treatment to make sure your doctors ordered the appropriate tests, obtaining and monitoring your medical records to make sure your doctors document the pain and suffering you have sustained, advising you regarding every aspect of your claim, and most importantly, negotiating the best possible settlement to compensate for your injuries.
9. Why Hire Us?
- All of our lawyers here have over 15 years’ experience in handling car accident cases.
- We are available to answer your phone call 24/7.
- You are entitled to a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
- We are flexible and will send someone to you, wherever you are, if either you favor this or are unable to come into one of our 15 offices in RI and MA.
- You will not be charged a legal fee until we obtain money for you.
- Your case will be handled meticulously and we guarantee that your phone calls will be returned ASAP.
- We know all the efforts that are necessary to ensure you get a great settlement for your injuries.