If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, scarring (if any), lost income and pain and suffering, as well as other losses. Our experienced East Providence motorcycle accident attorneys charge no fee until you receive a settlement or award. Contact us toll free 24/7 or contact us online for a free (no obligation) evaluation of your case.
Have You Been Injured in a Motorcycle Accident?
Call The East Providence Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Now For
A Free Case Evaluation.
The East Providence motorcycle accident lawyers at d’Oliveira and Associates, have been helping clients obtain cash settlements for their injuries for the past 25 years. Paul d’Oliveira, president of d’Oliveira and Associates, is admitted to practice law in RI and MA and has a superb AVVO rating of 10 out of 10.
Call d’Oliveira and Associates 24/7 at (401) 431-1990. Our office is located at 2540 Pawtucket Ave. in East Providence, RI.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our Clients:
1. Is There A Legal Fee For My Motorcycle Accident Case?
Our law firm does not charge any legal fees until you obtain your settlement or award for your injuries. We do charge a one third fee of your settlement or award, which is standard in the industry. We will also pay for the costs involved with obtaining medical records, etc. We obtain these from you if and when we settle your case.
2. What Are The Steps I Should Take If I Am Involved In A Motorcycle Accident?
Regardless of the fact that the moments after you are involved in a motorcycle accident are chaotic, you should keep in mind that the moments after your accident will have a bearing on the amount of compensation you recover.
- Do not flee the scene
- Get to safety right away
- Don’t apologize or talk about fault
- Call 911 and report the accident
- Take contact information from witnesses
- Take pictures in order to document the scene
- Be careful who you speak with after the accident
- Call an East Providence motorcycle accident lawyer for legal help
3. What Is The Worth Of My Motorcycle Accident Case?
If you are hurt in a motorcycle accident and you are not at fault, you may be eligible for medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering, among other losses. Pain and suffering is the portion that we will, as your lawyer, battle with the insurance company the most. Insurance companies can be difficult, because they do not consider your pain and suffering as being worth as much as we do. This is where our many years of experience as East Providence motorcycle accident lawyers can be crucial.
4. What Are Some Common Causes Of Motorcycle Accidents?
- Rear-end collision
- Other drivers that fail to use turn signals before changing lanes
- Vehicles that turn in front of motorcyclists without paying attention or out of respect to the rider
- Cars forcing motorcycles into guard rails on the side of the roadway
- Cars that fail to stop for red lights or at stop signs
- Other drivers failure to respect posted speed limits
- Other drivers that drive while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
5. What Are Common Injuries That Motorcycle Accident Lawyers See?
- Head injuries: which can include; traumatic brain injury, concussion, brain damage, and others
- Spinal cord injuries that make the injured a quadriplegic or a paraplegic
- Broken bones, especially to the joints (elbows, shoulders, hips, knees, wrists, pelvis, etc.)
- All types of road rash
- Scarring and disfigurement that have the likelihood of requiring significant skin graft repairs
- Any internal bleeding
- Injuries that require amputation
- Any soft tissue injury
- And death
6. What If One Of The Parts on My Motorcycle Was Defefective?
Prior to each ride on a motorcycle, operators should perform a full inspection of the bike. Like any other vehicle, motorcycles must be properly taken care of. Owners should be cautious to keep the engine in proper working condition, inspect tires, lights, brakes, and other equipment on the vehicle to make sure it will perform properly and reliably on the roadways. Even for those operators who maintain and take the precautions to ride safely, motorcycle manufacturer defects are not completely unheard of. Riders are smart to keep their eyes and ears out for recalls that are issued by the National Highway Traffic Safety Association. Some examples of motorcycle defects or motorcycle part defects you might see are:
- Issues with handlebars
- Issues with tire(s)
- Issues with the fuel line
- Issues with wiring
- Issues with brakes
- Issues with headlight, taillight, or turning signal
In these cases, injured riders should speak to their East Providence motorcycle accident attorney about whether the manufacturer of the bike, the manufacturer of a defective part, or even the garage where the vehicle most recently received service or maintenance can be held liable to you for damages.
7. Why Do I Need An Experienced East Providence Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
The answer to that question is simple. The insurance company is going to propose to you the least amount of money possible to compensate you and settle your case. There are many things an experienced lawyer can do to ensure you get the best possible compensation for your injuries. This includes monitoring your medical treatment to make sure your doctors ordered the appropriate tests, locating and monitoring your medical records to make sure they document the pain and suffering you have sustained, advising you concerning every aspect of your claim, and most importantly, negotiating the best possible settlement for your injuries.
8. How Should I Work With My Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Concerning My Case?
- First, and maybe the most important, key to working with your motorcycle accident lawyer is to act as soon as possible. Like much else, as time passes by, physical evidence is damaged or disappears, and witnesses’ memories become distorted and fade. Contacting an East Providence motorcycle attorney immediately is your best bet to ensure you are fully compensated for all your injuries.
- Our motorcycle accident professionals will begin to obtain evidence as soon as you hire us.
- Contacting us right after you contact the police ensures that our professional and experienced motorcycle accident investigator goes to the crash scene. This investigator will gather and document the information needed to later help your case and obtain the financial compensation you deserve.
- When you act fast you also ensure that you meet the statute of limitations. The statute of limitations is what will bar the late filing of your legal claims. Thus, if you do not act fast, you can run the risk of your claim being barred forever. If you do not meet the statute of limitations, you will never receive the settlement you may deserve for your injuries.
- Contacting us right away ensures that if you have a claim, it will be filed in a timely manner.
- We will tell you precisely what information to provide so there is no guessing; our firm will take care of all of the paperwork and we will deal with the legal, insurance, and medical systems so that you do not have to.
9. Precautions That You Should Take As A Motorcyclist:
- Be sure to always wear a legally approved, full-face helmet
- Wear specific motorcycle protective gear (i.e. leather jacket, reinforced denim/textile pants)
- Ensure your apparel is visibile, so other motorists can see you (bright colors, adorned with reflective strips)
- Make sure to use your headlights
- Use turn signals whenever necessary
- Take a Motorcycle Safety Foundation training class
10. Why Should You Contact d’Oliveira & Associates?
- We are able to handle your initial phone call about your accident 24/7
- We offer a free (no obligation) case evaluation
- We will come to you, wherever you are, if either you prefer this or are unable to come into one of our 15 offices in MA and RI
- We charge no legal fees unless you receive a settlement or award
- We will make sure your phone calls are returned ASAP
- Our firm is experienced with these types of cases and we know all the tricks the insurance company adjusters are going to attempt to do to offer you less money than what your case is really worth.
Call Us Today
Call today at 1-800-992-6878, or fill out a contact form for your free (no obligation) case evaluation.