If you have suffered from an eye surgery error, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering, among other losses. We are working with experienced eye surgery medical malpractice lawyers in RI and MA, who charge no fee unless you receive a settlement or award. Feel free to call us toll free 24/7 or contact us online for a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
Have You Been Injured After Eye Surgery?
Call Us Now For a Free Case Evaluation!
What Is My Eye Surgery Medical Malpractice Case Worth?
Depending on the seriousness of the error you could be entitled to compensation for:
- Current and Future Medical Bills;
- Lost Wages;
- Loss of Future Earnings;
- Pain and Suffering;
- Among Others.
The experienced eye surgery error lawyers that we work with can answer any questions that you may have regarding the value of your potential medical malpractice lawsuit.
Why Are There Eye Surgery Errors?
Examples and causes of eye surgery error:
- Carelessly leaving surgical instruments, sponges, or towels in the patient
- Performing surgery on the wrong eye
- Performing unnecessary surgeries
- Careless use of surgical tools
- Careless sanitary preparation for surgery
- Misreading or ignoring laboratory results
- Failing to follow up with a patient after surgery
- Discharging a patient prematurely
- Disregarding or not taking appropriate patient history
- Unnecessarily delayed surgery, causing further complications
- Failing to recognize symptoms, or misdiagnosing
- Failing to advise a patient of all potential risks
- Careless damage to parts of the body not being operated on
- Inattentive staff or doctors
- Failure to construct a surgical plan
- Careless decisions under pressure
Most Common Claims in Eye Surgery Error Cases:
- Lack of/inadequate knowledge of the procedure
- Failure to perform a pre-surgery assessment or post-surgery follow-up
- Medical/surgical errors
- Off-label use of the medical devices utilized to perform surgery
What Injuries Can Result From Eye Surgery Error Medical Malpractice?
Eye surgery error can result in various types of visual impairment, which can stay with the patient for the length of their life. Unfortunately, it is usually difficult to undo any negative effects of a corrective eye surgery.
Serious injuries that patients can suffer after an eye surgery has gone wrong include:
- Permanent blindness
- Inability to see contrast
- Inability to perceive depth
- Blurry vision
- Seeing spots and halos
- Experiencing double or triple vision
- Dry eyes
- Seeing flurries
- Other types of complications
Why Are There Eye Surgery Medical Malpractice Cases?
Common types of procedures, including LASIK surgery, retina surgery, and cataract surgery have been the most common targets of lawsuit. LASIK surgery helps to eliminate the need to wear contacts or eyeglasses by altering a person’s vision. Recently, a New York jury returned a $962,000 verdict for a patient who had an increased risk factor for the surgery due to large pupil size, and experienced a bad result following LASIK surgery.
Retina surgery consists of a variety of procedures, depending on the eye condition that the person receiving the surgery may face. Cataract surgery is performed when the lens over the eye becomes cloudy, making it impossible for a person to see clearly. The cloudy lens is replaced during cataract surgery.
How Do You Know If You Have A Surgical Error Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
Medical professionals have a legal duty to follow a necessary standard of care. In order to form a claim for medical malpractice you must show that they provided a level of care in your case that fell below that of the standard level of care necessary. This will prove that the health care provider broke their legal duty to follow the standard of care. You must also prove that this failure to maintain the appropriate standard of care was the cause of your injury.
Why Contact Us?
Normally, eye surgeries and procedures are safe when proper care and attention is taken. However, devastating effects can result to a patient, who experiences an eye surgery error. If you have suffered an eye surgery error, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering, among other losses. We are working with experienced eye surgery error medical malpractice lawyers in RI and MA, who charge no fee unless you receive a settlement or award. Feel free to call us toll free 24/7 or contact us online for a free (no obligation) case evaluation.