Have You Been Injured in an Auto Accident in Newport County?
Middletown Car Accident Lawyers Can Get You The Compensation You Deserve!
If you have been injured in a car accident and it is not your fault, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering, among other losses. Our firm charges no fee until you receive a cash settlement or award.
Our Middletown/Newport car accident lawyers and paralegals have a lot of experience handling these types of cases. Feel free to call us or email us 24/7 for a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our Clients:
1. What Fees Will I Have To Pay For My Car Accident Case?
You will be charged a 1/3 of your settlement or award, which is the standard charge that most attorneys charge. You pay nothing unless we get you money.
2. How Much Is My Case Worth?
If you are not at fault and are hurt in a car accident in Middletown or anywhere in RI or MA, you may be entitled to monetary compensation for all of your reasonably related medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering, among other losses. Unfortunately, the insurance companies can be tough when it comes to paying you fairly for the pain and suffering you experienced, therefore as your lawyer, we will battle with the insurance company about this.
It is the insurance company’s job is to save themselves money by paying you less for your injuries. This is where our 28 years of experience as car accident lawyers in Middletown or Newport can be a huge help to you. We know how to handle your case to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. Read more
3. Is There a Certain Way I Should Deal With The Insurance Companies?
- A priority is contacting your insurance company ASAP and file a claim.
- Make sure that you look over your insurance policy to see what coverages you have to make sure you file the correct claims. An experienced Middletown car accident lawyer can help you through this process.
- Make sure to save any and all paperwork involved with your car accident claim such as medical bills, repair bills, and any other documents or expenses. This can be very useful for your claim.
- We highly recommend you speak with an experienced Middletown/Newport personal injury Lawyer before talking to the other driver’s insurance company. They will likely call you and try to talk you out of hiring a lawyer. If you are seriously injured, we recommend hiring a lawyer to make sure you get all the money you deserve for your injuries.
- If you do make the decision to not hire a lawyer and you decide to speak with the other driver’s insurance company our lawyers recommend that you: DO NOT discuss the details as to how the accident happened, DO NOT accept any offers to settle your claim until your doctor has released you from medical treatment and you are fully recovered.
4. What If I’m Hurt in a Car Accident and the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
In the situation where the other driver doesn’t have insurance there are a few different options available to you. The first option is to collect uninsured motorist benefits from the vehicle you were in at the time of the accident and your insurance company cannot raise your rates if you are not at fault. The second option is you can collect uninsured motorist benefits from other automobiles insured and owned by people in the household you live in. Read more
5. Should I Contact a Newport or Middletown Car Accident Lawyer Right Away?
You should make sure to contact a car accident lawyer as soon as you can after your accident. This will help make sure you get full value for your injuries. The statute of limitations for filing most car accidents in RI is 3 years. However, in the case of minors the statute is longer.
This very simply means you or your car accident lawyer will have 3 years, from the date of the accident, to file a lawsuit against the other party for your injuries. Contacting a knowledgeable car accident attorney will inform you of the statute of limitations for your specific case, and ensure it is filed in time.
6. What Should I Do About the Damage to My Car?
There is a very simple solution to this problem…the auto body repair man you chose to fix your car should meet with the insurance company’s claims appraiser and examine the damage to your vehicle at the auto body shop. Your repair man is the best person, since he will be fixing your vehicle, to negotiate your property damage claim with the insurance company. This will ensure the damage to your vehicle is taken care of. Read more
7. Is There a Minimum Insurance Coverage That the Other Driver Has to Have in RI?
There is a minimum coverage in RI. An owner of a vehicle must carry, in Rhode Island, is 25,000/50,000 dollars minimum. This type of insurance simply means that any person hurt has up to $25,000 coverage, but if two or more persons are hurt, there is $50,000 in coverage for everyone injured.
If for whatever reason your injuries are valued at more than the coverage available from the other driver’s insurance company, you should be able to collect underinsured motorist from the car you were in at the time of the collision and/or any vehicles owned by you and members of your household. An experienced car accident lawyer can advise you of all of the coverage available to you.
8. Why Should I Contact An Auto Accident Lawyer?
The answer is easy. The insurance company’s goal is to offer you as little money as possible to settle your car accident case. There are many things an experienced Middletown/Newport injury lawyer can do to make sure you get a good settlement for your injuries.
A qualified car accident attorney can help you with many different things such as;
- Monitoring your medical treatment to make sure your doctors ordered the appropriate tests
- Obtaining and monitoring your medical records to make sure your doctors document the pain and suffering you have sustained
- Advising you regarding every aspect of your claim
- Most importantly your lawyer will negotiate the best possible settlement to compensate for your injuries.
9. Why Should You Call d’Oliveira & Associates?
- All of our lawyers have over 15 years’ experience in handling car accident cases.
- We are accessible 24/7.
- You are eligible for a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
- We will send someone to you, wherever you are, if either you favor this or are unable to come into one of our 15 offices in RI and MA.
- You will not be charged a legal fee until we obtain a settlement for you.
- Your case will be handled precisely and we guarantee that your phone calls will be returned ASAP.
- We know all the efforts that are essential to ensure you get a great settlement for your injuries.