NuvaRing side effects include an increased history of Heart Attacks, Blood Clots, and Strokes. We are working with some of the leading NuvaRing attorneys in the United States. A claim and/or NuvaRing lawsuit can be filed on your behalf and there is no fee until you receive an award or a settlement. Contact us for a free consultation online or toll free at 1-800-992-6878.
This text will be replaced
In 2008, the first NuvaRing lawsuit was filed against the manufacturers of NuvaRing. From that date, thousands of other lawsuits against NuvaRing have been filed against the Manufacturer. Merck (the company that manufactures NuvaRing) denies that they ever concealed any health risks and never downplayed the risk of death with the drug. Although they make these statements, people have died from the use of their product. People who are non-smokers with no risk of having a stroke have had strokes after using this product. Healthy young people 20 years of age have been reported to have suffered from Pulmonary Embolism or Deep Vein Thrombosis, diseases that are generally associated with older people or people in poor health. Health care professionals continue to prescribe this product even though there are serious risks involved. Most people learn of this information far too late and after NuvaRing has already injured them.
If you feel as though NuvaRing has injured you, please contact an experienced defective drug attorney right away.
In order to prove that you have an injury that should be compensated for by the pharmaceutical company, you must prove that the drug either did not have adequate warnings, was defective in the condition it was put on the market in, or that this form of the drug that you took was in some way defective. The next thing that you have to prove is that the drug caused the side effect or disease that you were diagnosed with.
In order to prove this, people need many different experts and medical opinions. You will need the opinion of your physician and medical experts. There are experts that are brought in to prove that the drug is in fact defective. These lawsuits are very time consuming and detailed but if you have one, you deserve to be compensated for your injuries and hiring an experienced NUVARING attorney who can help you make important personal decisions regarding moving forward with your claim.
The diseases that have been linked to NuvaRing use are:
- Thrombophlebitis: Inflammation caused by a blood clot in the veins. The symptoms include swelling of the affected area, pain in the affected area, redness, warmth and tender to touch over the affected area. This medical condition requires quick medical treatment and can be life-threatening.
- Venous Thrombosis (with or without embolism): When a blood clot forms in the vein and breaks off into the blood stream it is considered an embolized venous thrombosis and is dangerous.
- Pulmonary Embolism: This is when a main artery of the lung is blocked by a clot that has moved from another part of the body to the lung. Symptoms of this include difficulty breathing, chest pain or feelings of palpitations. This is extremely dangerous and can lead to a collapsed lung.
- Myocardial Infarction (Heart Attack): This occurs when the blood flow to your heart is blocked for long enough that a portion of the heart muscle is damaged. Symptoms include chest pain, weakness, indigestion or a feeling that someone is sitting on your chest.
- Cerebral Hemorrhage (Stroke): It occurs when the blood flow to your brain is stopped for long enough that a portion of the brain is damaged. Symptoms depend on where in the brain the stroke is, but can cause the person to be unaware of their surroundings, to be weak, to be unable to raise an arm or move a leg. It may also cause difficulty in speaking, walking and dizziness.
- Hypertension: Hypertension is the medical term for high blood pressure. Most times, there are no symptoms of high blood pressure and it requires a blood pressure reading from a doctor. Untreated, it can cause heart disease and kidney problems. At times the symptoms may include headache, nausea, confusion or nosebleeds.
- Gallbladder Disease: When something in your body blocks the flow of bile to the gallbladder, it can cause gallbladder disease. The symptoms include severe pain under the right side of the rib cage, radiating pain throughout the back, upper abdomen pain, nausea, vomiting and pain gets worse after deep breaths. These attacks can last anywhere from 15 minutes to 15 hours and the attacks are very common.
- Hepatic Adenomas: This is a tumor of the liver that is non-cancerous but can rupture or bleed and become cancerous. The symptoms can be pain in the upper right part of the stomach. These are generally caused by contraceptives and surgery is recommended to remove them.
Although these are the listed problems that have been associated with NuvaRing, they are not the only problems that NuvaRing can cause. NuvaRing has also been known to cause:
- Stomach Cramps
- Breast enlargement or tenderness
- Changes in menstrual cycle and irregular spotting and bleeding
- Bloating and fluid retention
- Weight changes
- Change in Appetite
- Hair loss
If you have any of the above symptoms and believe that you suffered these because of your use of NUVARING, you may have a valid lawsuit against Merck. Merck marketed this product to prevent pregnancy but it has been shown to cause serious side effects. Generally, you need to have been prescribed this drug by your doctor and you need to have an injury from NUVARING
PLEASE SPEAK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE DISCONTINUING USE OF NUVARING OR ANY OTHER PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION.
Contact the Law Offices of d'Oliveira & Associates, P.C.
If you believe that you or one of your loved ones have been injured by NUVARING, you may want to speak with a personal injury attorney regarding a potential claim. An injury lawyer familiar with new developments in the investigation of NUVARING may be able to help you make important personal and legal decisions. d’Oliveira & Associates, P.C. is working with some of the leading lawyers in the country who are handling these cases.
Please contact the law offices of d'Oliveira & Associates, P.C. at 1-800-992-6878 or fill out a contact form for a free legal consultation.