When you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, you need all the support and resources you can get. At d’Oliveira & Associates, we have designed a new webpage with information about protecting your rights after a Johnston, RI motorcycle accident and to help those who have questions and concerns about how to proceed with their personal injury claims. Motorcycle accidents often result in life-changing and debilitating injuries. So, it is crucial that you thoroughly understand your legal rights and options.
Do You Need A Johnston, RI Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
Call Us Now For A Free Case Evaluation
What to Do after a Motorcycle Accident
There are several steps you would be well advised to take in the aftermath of a motorcycle accident:
- Call the authorities. It is important to ensure that everyone in the crash is all right. If you have been injured, don’t move. Wait for emergency personnel to arrive at the scene and help you. Make sure you file a police report and that you obtain a copy of the report for your records.
- Get contact information. Make sure you have at the minimum, names and contact information for all parties involved in the accident. It would also be in your best interest to get the other party’s insurance information and vehicle license plate number. Make sure you get contact information for anyone who may have witnessed the accident. If possible, take photos of the crash site, the vehicles and your injuries.
- Get prompt medical attention and treatment for your injuries. This creates a record of your injuries and it helps ensure that your are on the road to recovery.
- Deal carefully with insurance companies. Briefly explain to your insurance company about what happened during the incident. But do not talk or give statements to the other party’s insurance company or defense counsel.
- Document all expenses. Keep track of all expenses you have incurred as a result of the accident and your injuries including medical expenses, hospitalization and lost wages as a result of taking time off work.
- Contact an experienced Rhode Island personal injury lawyer who has successfully handled motorcycle accident cases in Johnston.
What Your Case is Worth
The value or worth of your Johnston RI motorcycle accident case will depend on the nature and extent of your losses. When calculating damages, your attorney will take into account factors such as damage to your motorcycle or personal items, medical expenses you have incurred, income lost, permanent injuries you may have sustained, disabilities suffered, scarring or disfigurement, loss of livelihood, mental anguish and pain and suffering. It is important in such cases to not rush into a quick settlement with the insurance company. Once you sign an agreement, your case will be considered closed and you may not be able to seek compensation for any further medical or rehabilitation expenses you may incur later.
Choosing the Right Lawyer
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, it is important to hire an experienced attorney who has a track record of helping clients recover maximum compensation for their losses. At d’Oliveira & Associates, we work on a contingent fee basis, which means you don’t pay anything until we recover compensation for you. Please contact us at 1-800-992-6878 for a free and comprehensive consultation.