Car accidents that occur at intersections often result in the most devastating injuries or even fatalities. According to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), more than 35 percent of all traffic accidents occur at traffic intersections. Most intersections in Brockton are regulated by traffic lights or stop signs. However, a number of collisions at intersections occur for different reasons. If you have been injured in a car accident, you may want to contact a Brockton car accident lawyer.
What Are The Most Common Causes Of Intersection Accidents?
Some of the common causes of car accidents at intersections in Brockton include:
- Impaired driving
- Distracted driving or inattention
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Making an unsafe turn
- Driving through a red light or stop sign
- Poor intersection design
- Fatigued driving
Where Are Brockton’s Most Dangerous Intersections?
If you live in Brockton, it is a good idea for you to understand your environment so you can exercise extra care and caution on roadways, especially at dangerous intersections. Here is a list of the Brockton’s most dangerous intersections, based on car accident statistics from 2013, that result in the most injury:
- Pleasant and West Streets: At this intersection, 49 out of 102 crashes or 48 percent of the accidents resulted in injuries.
- Ash and West Elm Streets: 32 out of 65 car accidents or 49 percent of crashes resulted in injuries.
- Warren and Forest Avenues: 22 out of 43 crashes or 51 percent of accidents resulted injuries.
- North Main and East Ashland Streets: 21 out of 45 crashes or 46 percent of accidents resulted in injuries.
- Reynolds Highway and Christy’s Drive: 20 out of 41 crashes or 48 percent of accidents resulted injuries.
- North Main and Howard Streets: 18 out of 47 crashes or 38 percent of accidents resulted injuries.
- Warren Avenue and West Elm Street: 19 out of 38 crashes or 50 percent of accidents resulted injuries.
- Main Street and Legion Parkway: 18 out of 41 crashes or 44 percent of accidents resulted injuries.
- Oak and Belair Streets: 19 out of 36 crashes or 52 percent of accidents resulted injuries.
- Pleasant Street and Warren Avenue: 14 out of 55 crashes or 25 percent of accidents resulted injuries.
Contact a Brockton Car Accident Lawyer
If you or someone you know has been injured a Brockton car accident, contact one of our experienced Brockton car accident lawyers located at 130 Liberty Street, Brockton, MA 02301. You may be entitled to receive compensation for your medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering, among other losses. No fees are received unless you win your case. For a free (no obligation) case evaluation, call us at 508-436-7000 or toll free at 1-800-992-6878. You may also fill out our contact form online.