Each week we compile summaries of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that we feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
24 Recalls you should be aware this week.
- INVISIBLU International LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall Of Continuum Labs Lgd-4033 Due To Product Containing LGD-4033 (Ligandrol), An Investigational Drug Not Approved For Use.
- B. Braun Medical Inc. voluntarily recalling one lot of 5% Dextrose Injection USP 100/150mL container (Lot #J5J706, catalog #S5104-5264, NDC 0264-1510-32) to the consumer level. B. Braun recently identified an adverse quality trend in customer complaints reporting that some containers in lot J5J706 exhibited leakage and, in a few instances, visible particulate matter identified to be microbial growth.
- Hyundai is recalling the 2011 Sonata for potential power steering failure.
- Toyota recalls the 2016 RAV4, RX350, and ES350 because of a possible manufacturing fault with the brake actuator. The actuator controls the anti-lock brakes, traction control, stability control, and other systems. If the part doesn’t work properly these safety systems might not activate properly.
- Subaru recalls the 2015-2016 WRX and Forester 2.0XT because the air intake for the turbo can crack and potentially cause the engine to stall.
Motorcycle/Scooters/Utility & Recreational Vehicles:
- Lakota Corporation is recalling 15 model year 2016 Bighorn and Charger recreational vehicles manufactured from March 5, 2015, through March 20, 2015. The screws that attach the expanding room to the sliding mechanism cable may fail allowing the room to extend unintentionally while the vehicle is in motion.
- Triumph recalls Street Twin motorcycles – The wiring in the fuel tank that powers the fuel pump may have damaged insulation.
Food & Beverage:
- Progressive Gourment Inc. Issues an Allergy Alert on Taste of Inspirations Edamame Rangoon Due to Possible Mislabeling and Undeclared Crustacean Shellfish.
- Michel Et Augustin Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Hazelnuts in Petites Baguettes Butter Cookies Dark Chocolate.
- Granna’s LLC Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Milk in French Toast.
- Fresh from Texas of San Antonio, Texas is voluntarily recalling multiple products containing sliced red apples which are identified below because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria Monocytogenes.
- WD Import and Export Inc. recalls its bulk unlabeled cardboard boxes of Dried Yellow Fish because it has the potential to be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum.
- Ukrop’s Homestyle Foods recalls turkey, pork, and beef products – The products may be contaminated with extraneous materials.
- Snyder’s-Lance recalls Emerald Cashew Roasted & Salted Halves & Pieces – The product may contain small pieces of glass.
- R.W. Bakers recalls “Meijer Plain Knot Rolls” and “Assorted Dinner Rolls” – The products may contain trace amounts peanuts, an allergen not listed on the label.
Infant & Children Products:
- IKEA Recalls Children’s Bat Cape Costumes Due to Strangulation Hazard – The fastener at the neck of the bat cape can fail to detach readily during use.
- Rainbow Play Systems Reannounces Recall of Plastic Yellow Trapeze Rings Due to Low Response Rate; Manufactured by Nylacarb – The rings can unexpectedly crack or break during use, posing a fall hazard to children.
- Eleanor Rose Recalls Children’s Loungewear Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard – The lounge wear fails to meet federal flammability standards for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
- GolfBuddy GPS Bands Recalled by Deca International Due to Burn Hazard – The band charging ports can produce an electrical charge to exposed skin.
- Nipoamerican Recalls Mattresses Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard – All Niposul and NipoFlorida Elegance, Elegance Gold, and Evolution mattresses fail to meet the mandatory federal open flame standard for mattresses.
- CE North America Expands Recall of Fan Heaters Due to Fire Hazard; Sold Exclusively at H-E-B – The fan heaters can overheat, posing a fire hazard.
- Grosfillex Recalls Commercial Side Chairs and Armless Bar Stools Due to Fall Hazard – The backrest can crack and detach, posing a fall hazard to the user.
- GB Accessories Group Recalls Ivanka Trump Scarves Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard – The scarves do not meet the federal flammability standards for clothing textiles, posing a burn risk.
- Givenchy Recalls Men’s Silk T-Shirts Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard – The T-shirts fail to meet the federal flammability standard for wearing apparel and pose a risk of burn injury to consumers.
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com , usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com