Each week we compile summaries of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that we feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
20 Recalls you should be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Boston Scientific Corporation Recalls Fetch 2 Aspiration Catheter Due to Shaft Breakage.
- Pharmakon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of All Sterile Compounded Products Due to FDA Concern of Lack of Sterility Assurance.
- Life Flower medical marijuana in Colorado recalled over pesticide use.
- Fiat Chrysler is voluntarily recalling 811,586 Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep vehicles after a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration investigation found numerous instances of drivers mistakenly exiting their vehicles without shifting into Park.
- Model year 2010 Jaguar Xfs recalled – A fuel tank outlet flange may crack, allowing fuel to leak onto the ground.
Motorcycle/Scooters/Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Polaris Recalls RZR Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles Due to Fire Hazard; Severe Burn Injuries, One Death Reported – The recalled ROVs can catch fire while consumers are driving, posing fire and burn hazards to drivers and passengers.
- Yamaha recalls recreational off-highway vehicles – Ice in the throttle cable can prevent the throttle from returning to idle.
- Heartland recalls Torque travel trailers – The trailers are equipped with improper safety chains.
- Cruiser recalls Stryker travel trailers – The trailers are equipped with improper safety chains.
Food & Beverage:
- CVS recalls organic herbal tea because of Salmonella.
- CRF Frozen Foods of Pasco, WA, recalled frozen organic vegetable products distributed to retailers in at least 35 states and four Canadian provinces because of potential contamination with listeria monocytogenes.
- Milky Way International Trading Corp. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Nice! Peach Slices and Nice! Mixed Fruits sold at Walgreens in 8-ounce Glass Jars Due to Possible Glass in Products.
- Nuvi Global Corporation Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk and Soy in StemVitae 30oz Liquid Multivitamin.
- Exceptional Health Products Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Soy And Milk Allergens In Angel Wings™ – Daily Multi 120 Capsules.
- Mary’s Home Canning of Lancaster, PA – Vegetable soup distributed to retailers and farmers markets in three states is under recall because laboratory tests showed it could be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum.
Infant & Children Products:
- Flying Tiger Copenhagen Recalls Wooden Toys Due to Choking Hazard – Parts of the wooden toys can become detached, resulting in small pieces that can pose a choking hazard to young children.
- Miniland Educational recalls Moogy plush toys – The red button on the toy’s left pocket can detach and pose a choke hazard.
- Brunton Outdoors Recalls Battery Packs Due to Fire Hazard – The Impel and Impel 2 power packs’ lithium ion batteries can overheat and catch on fire during charging.
- YTL International Recalls Drywall Lifts Due to Injury Hazard – The drywall lifts can fail during use, causing the load of drywall to fall onto the lift operator.
- SouvNear Recalls Women’s Scarves Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard – The scarves do not meet the federal flammability standard for clothing textiles.
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com , usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com