Each week we compile summaries of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that we feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
24 Recalls you should be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Dräger Recalls VentStar Oxylog 3000 Pediatric Patient Breathing Circuit Due to Potential Valve Leakage.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals recalls Amikacin Injection for Potential Glass Particulates.
- Hospira, Inc., a Pfizer company, is voluntarily recalling one lot of 0.25% Bupivacaine Hydrochloride Injection, at the hospital/retail level due to the presence of particulate matter within a single vial.
- Porsche 918 Spyder Hybrid Electric vehicles recalled – Incorrect screws may have been used to re-install and/or re-secure the seat belt equipment.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Jayco recalls travel trailers equipped with Sway Command anti-sway system – The trailer brakes may not slow or stop the trailer.
- AR-ONE Maxx travel trailers and fifth wheels recalled – The Federal Label may contain incorrect tire information.
- Forest River recalls RVs and trucks with trailer brake light issue – The trailer brake lights may not illuminate during brake actuation.
- Newmar recalls Ventana, Ventana VL and Dutch Star motorhomes – When the windshield wipers are turned off, the headlights may also turn off.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Laceration Injuries to Children Prompt Starbucks to Recall Stainless Steel Beverage Straws to Provide New Warnings – The stainless steel straws are rigid and can poke children in the mouth.
- O Organics Organic Vegetable Tray With Creamy Ranch Dressing Dip recalled – The product contains egg, milk and soy, allergens not declared on the label.
- Michael Angelo’s expands Shrimp Scampi and Meat Lasagna recalls – The products may contain egg, soy or shrimp, allergens not declared on the label.
- Kitchen Cravings expands recall of strawberry and mixed berry parfaits – The product may contain traces of peanuts or almonds, allergens not listed on the label.
- Casa Di Trevi recalls meat pasta products – The products contain soy protein and hydrolyzed soy, allergens not declared on the label.
- Gel Spice recalls Ground Turmeric Powder – The product contains an elevated level of lead.
- TDL Group recalls dried chicken soup mix products – The products were imported from Canada without inspection.
- Grassfields Cheese, LLC Issues Nationwide Voluntary Recall Of Certain Cheeses due to possible E.Coli.
- Beyond Better Foods, LLC Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Peanuts In Mislabeled Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Beauty & Misc. Health Products:
- Sage Products recalls Comfort Shield Barrier Cream Cloths – The product is contaminated with the Burkholderia cepacia bacteria.
Infant & Children Products:
- Cinmar Recalls World Magnetic Travel Maps Due To Risk of Magnet Ingestion by Children; Sold Exclusively at Frontgate – When two or more magnets are swallowed, they can link together inside the intestines and clamp onto body tissues, causing intestinal obstructions, perforations, sepsis and death.
- Liberty Mountain and STUBAI recall ice axes – The knife in the axe handle can detach, posing a laceration hazard.
- Porta Recalls Residential Elevators Due to Serious Fall Hazard – The plastic locks can allow the landing door to open before the elevator car arrives.
- BYA Sports Recalls Hammocks Due to Fall Hazard – A weld on the ring of the hammocks can fail, allowing the hammock to pull free and fall while in use.
- John Deere Recalls Lawn and Garden Tractors Due to Laceration Hazard – The reverse implement option (RIO) system can fail, posing a laceration hazard to bystanders.
- Signal Communications Recalled National Time Fire Alarm Pull Stations Due to Failure to Alert Consumers; Sold Exclusively by National Time & Signal The pull handle on the fire alarm pull station can break when manually pulled and fail to activate the alarm system.
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com , usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com