Each week we compile summaries of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that we feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Cook Medical Expands Recall for Beacon Tip Angiographic Catheters to Include Additional Product Lots – The FDA has identified this as a Class I recall, the most serious type of recall. Use of these devices may cause serious injuries or death.
- Karman Healthcare, Inc. is recalling the Karma Flexx Wheelchair because incorrect size screws and corresponding hardware were installed on the front caster fork brackets the FDA Determined this was the result of an Employee error.
- Mazda recalls CX-5 vehicles – The fuel filler pipe may rupture in the event of a crash.
- Kia recalls Forte vehicles – Transmission fluid may leak.
- Kawasaki recalls Ninja ZX-10R and Ninja ZX-10R ABS motorcycles The steering damper bracket mounting bolts may break.
- Takata – Reuters reports up to 90 million more Takata airbag inflators may face U.S. recalls. For more information about the Takada recalls or visit our Takata Airbag Lawyer page.
- Forest River recalls Wildcat recreational trailers – The trailers may contain incorrect Gross Axle Weight Rating information.
- Starcraft recalled AR-One toy hauler trailers – The trailers may have labels that indicate incorrect tire size and tire inflation information.
- Mars Incorporated recalled candy bars in 55 countries due to plastic found in Snickers bars.
- Lipari Foods is recalling dark chocolate covered coffee beans packaged by sister company JLM. The products may contain almonds.
- Flying Food Group recalls ready-to-eat wraps – The products contain peanuts and tree nuts, allergens not listed on the label.
- Fresh Creative Foods is recalling 8-oz containers of H-E-B Tartar Sauce. The product may contain anchovy, an allergen not listed on the label.
- Best Foods recalls Deer brand cumin powder – The product may contain peanuts, an allergen not listed on the label.
- Wilderness Family Naturals recalls Organic Coconut Milk Powder products – The products may contain milk, an allergen.
Infant & Children Products:
- Evenflo recalled 56,247 Transitions 3-in-1 Combination Booster Seats because children may be able to loosen the internal harness, model numbers 34411686, 34411695 and 34411029, produced from December 18, 2014, through January 29, 2016.
- Viessmann Recalls Gas Boilers Due to Fire and Carbon Monoxide Hazard -The boiler can overheat and emit flue gases into the venting system and carbon monoxide can leak throughout the residence, posing a fire and carbon monoxide hazard to consumers.
- England’s Stove Works Recalls to Repair Freestanding Pellet Stoves Due to Laceration Hazard – Smoke can build up inside the firebox due to ash accumulation and the glass in the door can break, posing a laceration hazard.
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.org, consumeraffairs.com