Each week we will be compiling summaries of recalls, fda warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that we feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
- Master Herbs, Inc. is doing a voluntary Nationwide Recall of All Lots of Licorice Coughing Liquid Due to the Presence of Morphine.
- Abbott’s Compounding Pharmacy is voluntarily recalling all unexpired lots of sterile compounded products due to concerns of lack of sterility assurance. All unexpired lots are subject to the recall. These include injectable medications, sterile solutions, eye drops, and eye ointments.
- Olympus America Inc. to recall Scope linked to bacterial infections
- Hyundai Genesis Sedan owners who still have the original Hankook tires may find them to be a subject of a recall now due to cracking in the sidewall, which could lead to air loss. Owners are supposed to be notified by January 31, 2016.
- Trader Joe’s recalled cashews over concerns it might be contaminated with salmonella
- Supermakets Price Chopper and Market 32 issued a voluntary recall of Central Market Classics Caramel Caribou Ice Cream (UPC # 41735 07230) for possible presence of metal shavings.
- Fresh Express did a voluntarily/precautionary recall of 350 cases of 12 oz. Fresh Express Baby Spinach with a Product Code of G010A17A and Use-By Date of January 24 due to a possible exposure to almonds.
Infant & Children Products:
- Disney is recalling over 10,000 onesies because snaps can come lose and are potential choking hazard.
- Chillafish Recalls Children’s Balance Bikes Due to Laceration Hazard – Overinflated tires can cause the wheel rims to crack and send pieces of the plastic rim flying, posing a laceration hazard to consumers.
- Britax Recall of Infant Car Seats Due to Fall Hazard – The car seat carry handle can crack and break allowing the seat to fall unexpectedly.
- Britax Recalls Strollers and Replacement Top Seats Due to Choking Hazard. The foam padding on the stroller’s arm bar can come off in fragments if the child bites the arm bar, posing a choking hazard.
Pet Food & Products:
- Carnivore Meat co. is recalling a single lot of Vital Essentials Frozen Chicken Patties Entrée for Dogs due to possible Salmonella contamination. The affected product was distributed in California, Florida, Georgia, Rhode Island, Texas and Washington.
- Microsoft is warning that pre-Surface Pro 4 power cords can possibly cause overheating.