Each week we will be compiling summaries of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that we feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
- Arkray Recalls SPOTCHEM II Test Strips Due to Inaccurate Blood Sugar Readings
- Thornhill Research Inc. Recalls MOVES Ventilator System Due to Battery Problem
- St. Jude Medical Recalls Optisure Dual Coil Defibrillation Leads Due to Damage that May Prevent Patient Therapy
- Additional 5 Million Vehicles Recalled with Defective Takata Airbags
- Nissan recalling 870,000 cars in U.S., Canada for hood latch problem – potentially could result in the hood unexpectedly opening while driving.
- Suzuki is recalling more than 68,000 motorcycles in the U.S. (15 models from the 2008 to 2012 model years) because the battery charging system can fail and cause the bikes to stall.
- Whole Foods is recalling nearly 70,000 lbs of frozen pizza. The pizza had been mislabeled as being made with uncured beef pepperoni and should have said pork pepperoni.
- House of Flavors Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Pecans in Purple Cow Cookie Butter Ice Cream
- Figi’s Issues Recall Alert on Mislabeled Marzipan
- Dole Fresh Vegetables Announces Voluntary Withdrawal for Salads
Pet Food & Products:
- FDA has issued warning letters to six manufacturers of unapproved levothyroxine sodium drugs for hypothyroidism in dogs.
- Apple Recalls Millions of Adapters Due to ‘Rare’ Possibility of Electric Shocks – Company says it will replace them free of charge