Each week we compile summaries of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that we feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Dräger Evita V500 and Babylog VN500 Ventilators – Recall Expanded to Include Optional PS500 Batteries with New Power Supply Firmware.
- Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Voluntary recall of Fluconazole Injection, for impurity (Metronidazole) which has the potential to decrease effectiveness of the product. Patients on the product and on concomitant medication of Metronidazole may receive an increased dose of Metronidazole. Sagent is not aware of any adverse patient events.
- Toyota adds 331,200 vehicles to Takata air bag recalls.
- Gretchen’s Shoebox Express, sold at Starbucks, has issued a voluntary recall of the Cheese & Fruit Bistro Box because the product may contain an undeclared tree nut allergen (cashews).
- Perdue Foods LLC, has recalled approximately 4,530 pounds of chicken nugget products (produced for Applegate Farms) that may be contaminated with extraneous plastic materials.
- Materne North America Corp. (MNA) is voluntarily recalling specific packages of GoGo squeeZ® applesauce pouches due to potential adulteration from food product residue.
- Progressive Gourmet Inc. of Wilmington, MA, is recalling its 6 ounce packages of Sausage, Egg, and Cheddar Cheese on English Muffin breakfast sandwiches manufactured for Starbucks Coffee Co. out of the abundance of caution because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria.
- Maytag Blue Cheese has been voluntarily recalled from numerous stores for possible contamination to Listeria. Stores include Whole Foods, Hy-vee and more.
- Namias of Arizona, Inc. is recalling approximately 19,200 pounds of chicken products due to misbranding and an undeclared allergen (hydrolyzed soy protein).
- BI-LO store out of Glennville, GA, announced an immediate recall for fresh products containing cantaloupe, because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria.
- Jack and the Green Sprouts, Inc. is Voluntarily Recalling Alfalfa and Alfalfa Onion Sprouts because of outbreak of food borne illness.
Pet Food & Products:
- United Pet Group Recalls Top Fin Power Filters for Aquariums Due to Shock Hazard; Sold Exclusively at PetSmart
- Pelican Products Recalls Flashlights and Replacement Battery Packs Due to Fire Hazard
- Ambient Weather Expands Recall of Radios Due to Fire Hazard
- Illume, Recalls Valentine’s Day-Themed Ceramic Mugs Due to Fire Hazard.
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.org, consumeraffairs.com