Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
24 Recalls you should be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
Leonhard Lang Defibrillation Electrode | Source: fda.gov
- Leonhard Lang External Defibrillator Electrode recalled due to incompatibility Issue – may result in a delay in delivering the electrical therapy.
Faulty Parking Brakes
- Honda recalls 350,000 Civics for faulty parking brakes.
- Toyota recalls 340,000 Prius hybrids for faulty brakes.
- Ford recalls 2017 Lincoln Continental for headlight problem.
- Volkswagen recalls 281,505 VWs and Audis for fuel leaks.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
Starcraft AR-ONE MAXX LE trailers | Source: Starcraft RV
- Starcraft recalls AR-ONE MAXX LE trailers – the listed axle capacity is incorrect.
- Forest River recalls Salem and Wildwood recreational trailers – the federal placard on the vehicles incorrectly lists the tire and rim combination.
- Winnebago recalls Winnebago Journey and Forza, and Itasca Solei and Meridian motor homes – the front sway bar mounting bracket bolts may bend or loosen and detach from axle.
- Newmar recalls Canyon Star recreational vehicles – the wheelchair access door may open while the vehicle is in motion.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
Kuster’s, Inc. recalled Cheese
- Kuster’s, Inc. voluntarily recalled 14,238 pounds of its shredded, sliced and cubed cheese because of potential contamination with Listeria.
- Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream Company recalled select products containing chocolate chip cookie dough because of possible Listeria contamination.
- Roland Foods, LLC, initiated a voluntary recall of of Roland® Preserved Lemons due to undeclared sulfites.
- Nutrisystem issued a voluntary recall on one product containing chocolate chip cookie dough because of possible Listeria contamination.
- Blue Bunny recall on Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream
Blue Bunny issued a recall for products containing chocolate chip cookie dough due To possible Listeria contamination.
- Publix Recalls Publix Premium Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream due To possible Listeria contamination.
Infant & Children Products:
Mamas & Papas Armadillo Stroller | Source: mamasandpapas.com
Mamas & Papas recalls their Armadillo flip stroller – a loose latch can cause the seat to tip back unexpectedly.
- Summer Infant of Woonsocket, R.I., is recalling about 86,000 Lil’ Luxuries infant bath tubs – the fabric slings can detach from the tub, posing a risk of impact injury and drowning.
- L’echarpe Porte-bonheaur recalled Chimparoo Baby Carriers – the carriers’ side strap can loosen unexpectedly from the buckle, posing a fall hazard to the child in the carrier.
- Roylco recalls Educational Light Cubes – the light cube’s lithium polymer battery can overheat and catch fire.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phones have been banned from airplanes by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT).
Specialized S-Works Road Bicycles | Source: specialized.com
- Specialized recalls S-Works road bicycles – the bicycle’s rear wheel can come out of the dropout.
- Aqua Lung recalls Powerline inflators – the inflation button can remain depressed and cause the buoyancy compensators to continue inflating.
- Salewa North America Recalls Khion Ski Boots – the ski boots can inadvertently switch from “ski” to “walk” mode, the boots’ upper cuffs can separate
Bed Bath & Beyond Barstools | Source: cpsc.gov
- LF Products recalls barstools – sold exclusively at Bed Bath & Beyond – screws on the barstools can loosen, posing a fall hazard to the user.
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com