Each week we compile summaries of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that we feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
25 Recalls you should be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Cook Medical supplier of hydrophilic coating for the Roadrunner Uniglide Hydrophilic Wire Guide recalled certain lots of material because of a potential contamination by glass particles. The FDA has identified this as a Class I recall, the most serious type of recall. Use of these devices may cause serious injuries or death.
- United Exchange Corp. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Eye Wash/Eye Irrigating Solutions Distributed by Major Pharmaceuticals and Rugby Laboratories Due to Microbial Contamination.
- Novo Nordisk Inc. issues voluntary nationwide recall of six batches of GlucaGen® HypoKit® (glucagon [rDNA origin] for injection) due to detached needles on the syringe in the kit
- GM recalls 3.6 million vehicles for airbag-software problems.
- Nissan recalls 134,000 Maxima and Murano models due to fire risk.
- Ford expands door latch recall by 1.5 million cars.
- Mazda recalls model year 2009-2010 Mazda6 vehicles recalled – Moisture may damage the airbag control unit.
- KTM North America recalls motocross competition off-road motorcycles – The connecting rod in the crankshaft assembly can fracture, causing the operator to lose control.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Outdoors RV Manufacturing (ORV) is recalling 140 model year 2015-2017 Glacier Peak fifth-wheel travel trailers – The trailers have a pin box that may flex resulting in metal fatigue and possibly the separation of the fifth-wheel trailer from the tow vehicle resulting in increased risk of crash.
- Polaris Recalls RZR XP Turbo Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles Due to Fire Hazard; Severe Burn Injuries; Includes Previously Recalled RZR Turbo ROVs – The vehicles’ engine can overheat and turbo system’s drain tube can loosen.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Six varieties of Island Soups brand products recalled – The products may be contaminated with clostridium botulinum.
- Westby Cooperative Creamery recalls cottage cheese – The product may not have been pasteurized adequately.
- Kanan Enterprises recalls cashews with sea salt – The product may contain peanuts, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Wegmans recalls Wegmans Italian Classics Striped Ricotta & Spinach Ravioli – The product may contain pieces of white plastic.
- Regalo Bakery recalls various bakery products – The products contain allergens not listed on the label.
- Atherstone Foods is recalling approximately 422 pounds of chicken wrap product. The product contains soy, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Publix Super Markets is issuing a voluntary recall for Apple Coffee Cakes due to the possible presence of small metal shavings.
- The Morrison Milling Company has initiated a recall of The Baker’s Scoop HEB 100% Whole Wheat Flour due the possibility of the presence of soft nylon fragments of mesh resembling white hair, caused by a faulty screen at their production facility.
- Savory Foods has recalled approximately 32,928 pounds of pork rind products due to undeclared wheat on label.
- PT Farm LLC of North Haverhill, NH, is recalling approximately 15 pounds of lamb products that may be contaminated with E. coli.
- Beebe, AR-based MIH Marketing and Sales recalled approximately 662,049 pounds of various meat and poultry products due to Rodent activity in storage area prompts huge recall of meat, poultry products.
Beauty & Misc. Health Products:
- None we could find this week – but learn about why the FDA doesn’t actually Have The Power To Recall Cosmetics That Harm People.
Infant & Children Products:
- Toys ‘R’ Us Recalls Pacifier Clips Due to Choking Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Babies ‘R’ Us and Toys ‘R’ Us – The pacifier clip’s spring mechanism can break and release small parts.
- Everything you need to know about the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 recall
- Creative Sourcing recalls HAUS mosquito zapper LED light bulbs – The light bulb’s base can separate from the connector, posing an electrical shock hazard.
- John Deere recalls tractor backhoe attachments – The backhoe frame could rotate toward the operator, posing a crushing hazard.
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com , usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com