Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
16 Recalls you should be aware this week.
- Virtus Pharmaceuticals Opco II, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Hyoscyamine sulfate Due to Superpotent and Subpotent Results.
- Mercedes-Benz GLE Coupe 450 AMG 4Matics recalled – the rear head restraints may not stay locked in the upright position.
- Chicago Scooter recalls model year 2016-2017 go. scooters – The front wheel bearings may fail, adversely affecting handling.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Polaris Recalls Ranger Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles Due to Fire and Burn Hazards – the heat shield can fall off the vehicle.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- SM Fish recalls Ossie’s brand ready-to-eat-salads – the products may be contaminated with Listeria.
- Drew’s recalls Field Day Organic Ranch Dressing – the product contains milk and eggs, allergens not declared on the label.
- New Seasons Market recalled Creamy Almond Butter – the product may contain peanuts, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Publix recalls recalls apple coffee cakes – the product may contain small metal shavings.
- Savory Foods recalls pork rinds – the product contains wheat, an allergen not declared on the label.
Beauty & Misc. Personal Care Products:
- United Exchange recalls Family Care brand eye wash – the products may contain microbial contamination.
Infant & Children Products:
- Toys ‘R’ Us recalls pacifier clips – the clip can release small parts, posing a choking hazard.
- More information – Samsung recalls 1 million Galaxy Note7 smartphones – The phone’s lithium-ion battery can overheat and catch fire.
- Huish Outdoors recalls buoyancy control devices for scuba diving – the devices can suddenly leak air causing a loss of flotation, posing a drowning hazard to scuba divers.
- Bungee Chairs Sold Exclusively at Big 5 Sporting Goods Stores Recalled Due to Fall Hazard; Made by Nanjing Kekang Outdoor Products – the chair rivets can break while in use, posing a fall hazard to the consumer.
- GE Appliances Recalls Top-Loading Clothes Washers Due to Fire Hazard – an electrical component in the washers can overheat.
- BLACK+DECKER™ recalls electric blower/vacuum/mulchers – the fan cover can unlatch unexpectedly, posing a laceration hazard.
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com