If you have been injured in an auto accident and it is not your fault, you may be entitled to a cash settlement for your medical bills, lost income (if any) and pain and suffering, among other losses. Our experienced Providence car accident lawyers charge no fee until you receive a settlement or award. Contact us for a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
Need an Providence Auto Accident Lawyer?
Call Now for a Free Case Evaluation.
Our Providence Clients Love Our Services
“They handled my case quickly, and always kept me informed of the case and called weekly to see how I was feeling.” — Douglas S.
The Providence car accident lawyers here have been helping clients receive cash settlements for their injuries for the past 25 years. Paul d’Oliveira, president of d’Oliveira and Associates, is admitted to practice law in RI and MA and has superb AVVO rating of 10 out of 10. All of the attorneys in our firm have at least 15 years’ experience in handling car accident cases. Call d’Oliveira and Associates 24/7 at 401-831-8600.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions From Our Clients:
What Do I Have To Pay A Providence Car Accident Lawyer?
Our experienced Providence car accident lawyers do not charge any legal fees until you obtain settlement or award for your injuries. We do charge a 1/3 fee of your settlement or award, which is standard in this state. We also pay for costs to get your medical records, police report and other costs and we get these back only if and when we win your case.
What Do I Do Immediately After Injured In A Providence Car Accident?
- First, be sure to turn on your emergency lights and don’t move your vehicle unless it is in danger to you or other vehicles.
- If possible, take some photographs of the position of the cars in the accident.
- Call 911 or your local police department and tell them you are hurt and to come to the scene of the accident.
- If possible, call a friend or family member to the scene to be a witness and take more photos, if possible.
- Get any witness names and telephone numbers ASAP before they leave the scene of the accident.
- Make sure that you obtain information from the other driver regarding his name, address and insurance company information. Take some notes of the cars positions, the weather, road conditions, time, place, and any traffic violations.
- If you are injured, you should seek medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you do not feel like you were injured, if you banged your head or any body part, get medical treatment as sometimes pain will not surface until hours after the accident.
How Much Is My Providence Car Accident Case Worth?
If you are hurt in a car accident and you are not at fault, the other driver’s insurance company has to compensate you for your medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering and mental anguish, among other loses. As experienced Providence car accident lawyers, we can assure you that getting a fair amount of money from the insurance company is the most difficult thing to get from the insurance company. They almost always try to downplay how hurt a car accident victim is, because their job is to offer you less money. They simply do not value pain and suffering as being worth as much as we do. This is where our 25 years of experience as Providence auto accident lawyers can be crucial. Read more
How Much Time Do I Have to File A Claim?
It is important that you contact a Providence car accident lawyer as soon as possible after your accident, because as time goes by, if your case is not handled properly, it may be difficult to get you the money you deserve. In Rhode Island, the statute of limitations for most auto accidents is 3 years, which means you will have 3 years to file a lawsuit against the other party for your injuries. Contacting a knowledgeable Providence auto accident attorney will help you navigate your claim and help you get the full settlement you deserve as soon as possible.
What Happens If The Other Driver Has No Insurance?
Typically, you can collect uninsured motorist benefits from the insurance company of the car you were in at the time of the accident, and your insurance company cannot raise your rates if you are not at fault. You can collect for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, among other losses. You will most likely be able collect uninsured motorist benefits from your own automobile insurance company, or any other automobiles insured and owned by relatives of your household. Read more
How Do I Handle My Property Damage Claim?
The best way to ensure you receive the proper amount for your property damage claim is to have an insurance appraiser examine your vehicle at the auto body shop with your auto body repairman being present. He is the best person to get you the most money to fix your car, since he will be repairing your vehicle and reviewing the damage with the appraiser. Our experienced Providence car accident lawyers are ready to help you as well if they do not offer you enough money to fix your car. Read more
What Steps Should I Take In Dealing With My Own Insurance Company?
- Contact your insurance agent as soon as possible after the accident. All insurance companies require you to a file a claim within a reasonable amount of time after the accident. If you wait too long, they can deny coverage.
- Make sure that you read your policy and determine the coverage you have to ensure you file proper claims. An experienced Providence auto accident lawyer here can help you through this process if you would like.
- Inform your insurance company how the accident happened and tell them who insures the other vehicle, if you know.
- Make sure that you save any and all paperwork involved with your claim. This includes medical bills, car repair bills, and any other documents or expenses.
- We recommend you don’t speak to the other party’s insurance company without speaking with an experienced Providence auto accident lawyer first. If you do decide to speak with the other parties insurance company, we advise that you don’t tell them much as if you misspeak, they can use this against you. Even if you do not have any pain at first, we advise that you DO NOT accept any offers to settle your claim until your doctor has released you from medical treatment and you are out of pain.
How Much Liability Insurance Coverage Is Available In RI Car Accident Cases?
In RI, the minimum liability coverage that an owner of a vehicle must carry is $25,000/$50,000, which means person hurt has up to $25,000 coverage, however if more than one person is hurt, there is $50,000 in coverage for everyone injured. If your injuries are worth more than the other driver’s insurance company has, you would be able to collect underinsured motorist moneys from the car you were in and/or any vehicles owned by you and relatives in your home.
Why Do I Need An Experienced Providence Car Accident Lawyer?
The answer is simple. The insurance company is going to offer you as little money as possible to settle your case, because if they offer you less, then this means more profit for them. There are many things an experienced Providence car accident lawyer can do to make sure you get the best possible settlement for your injuries. This includes monitoring your medical treatment to make sure your doctors ordered the appropriate tests, obtaining and monitoring your medical records to make sure they properly mention all of your pain and suffering and mental anguish. Also, advising you about the things claims adjusters try to do to make your case worth less money, and, negotiating the best possible settlement for all of your injuries.
Why Call An Experienced Car Accident Lawyer at d’Oliveira & Associates?
- We have been handling Providence car accident cases for over 25 years.
- All of our lawyers here have at least 15 years’ experience in handling auto accident cases.
- We are available to handle your initial phone call 24/7.
- We offer a free (no obligation) evaluation.
- We will send someone to you, wherever you are, if you are not able to come into one of our 15 offices in RI and MA.
- We charge no legal fees until and unless you receive a settlement or award.
- We will always return your phone calls ASAP.
- We know all the tricks the insurance company adjustors do, to try to offer you less money than what your case is really worth.
Beneficial Blog Posts on Providence Car Accidents
Follow these five steps after you have been in an auto accident.
Reporting Your Car Accident
Learn which cars have the highest potential for causing a serious accident.
Learn what it takes to prove negligence if you have been injured by a driver.
Contact Us Today
Call today at 1-800-992-6878, or fill out a contact form for your free (no obligation) case evaluation.