If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, scarring (if any), lost income and pain and suffering, among other losses. Our experienced Providence motorcycle accident attorneys charge no fee until you receive a settlement or award. Contact us toll free 24/7 or online for a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
Were You Injured in a Motorcycle Accident From Negligence?
Call The Providence Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Now For
A Free Case Evaluation.
The Providence motorcycle accident lawyers at d’Oliveira and Associates, have been helping clients obtain cash settlements for their injuries for the past 28 years. Paul d’Oliveira, president of d’Oliveira and Associates, is admitted to practice law in RI and MA and has an exceptional AVVO rating of 10 out of 10.
Call d’Oliveira and Associates 24/7 at 401-831-8600. Our office is located at 390 Broadway in Providence, RI.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our Clients:
1. What Would The Legal Fee Be For My Motorcycle Accident?
Our law firm does not charge any legal fees until you obtain settlement or award for your injuries. We do charge a 1/3 fee of your settlement or award, which is standard in the industry. We also pay for costs such as to obtain medical records, etc. And we obtain these from you if and when we settle your case.
2. What Should I Do Right After The Motorcycle Accident?
Even though the moments after you are involved in a motorcycle accident are chaotic, you should keep in mind that the moments after your accident will have a bearing on the amount of compensation you recover.
- Never Flee the scene
- Get to safety
- Don’t apologize or discuss fault
- Call 911 to report the accident
- Call for legal help
- Obtain contact information from witnesses
- Take pictures and document the scene
- Be careful who you speak with
3. What Would My Motorcycle Accident Case Be Worth?
If you are hurt in a motorcycle accident and you are not at fault, you may be entitled to medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering, among other losses. The pain and suffering portion is the element that we will, as your lawyer, battle with the insurance company the most. Insurance companies can be difficult, because they do not value pain and suffering as being worth as much as we do. This is where our many years of experience as Providence motorcycle accident lawyers can be crucial.
4. What Are Common Causes Of Motorcycle Accidents?
- Rear-end accidents
- Drivers that fail to use turn signals before changing lanes
- Vehicles that turn in front of motorcyclists without paying attention or respect to the rider
- Vehicles forcing motorcycles into guard rails on the side of the roadway
- Drivers that fail to stop for red lights or at stop signs
- Failure to respect posted speed limits
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
5. What Are Common Injuries that Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Deal With?
- Head injuries: traumatic brain injury, concussion, brain damage, and others
- Spinal cord injuries that may the injured a quadriplegic or a paraplegic
- Fractured bones, especially to the joints (elbows, shoulders, hips, knees, wrists, pelvis, etc.)
- Road rash
- Scarring and disfigurement that have the potential of requiring significant skin graft repairs
- Internal bleeding
- Injuries requiring amputation
- Soft tissue injury
6. What If My Motorcycle Had A Defective Part?
Before each ride on a motorcycle, operators should perform a full inspection of the bike. Like any vehicle, motorcycles must be properly taken care of. Owners should be careful to keep the engine in proper working condition, inspect tires, lights, brakes, and other equipment on the vehicle to make sure it will perform properly and reliably on the roadways. Even for those operators who take care and precautions to ride safely, motorcycle manufacturer defects are not completely unheard of. Riders are wise to keep their eyes and ears out for recalls that are issued by the National Highway Traffic Safety Association. Some examples of motorcycle defects or motorcycle part defects are:
- Fuel line
- Headlight, taillight, or turning signal
- And more…
In these cases, injured riders should speak to their Providence motorcycle accident attorney about whether the manufacturer of the bike, the manufacturer of a defective part, or even the garage where the vehicle most recently received service or maintenance can be held liable to you for damages.
7. Why Do I Need An Experienced Providence Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
The answer is simple. The insurance company is going to offer you the least amount of money possible to compensate you and settle your case. There are many things an experienced lawyer can do to make sure you get the best possible compensation for your injuries. This includes monitoring your medical treatment to make sure your doctors ordered the appropriate tests, locating and monitoring your medical records to make sure they document the pain and suffering you have sustained, advising you regarding every aspect of your claim, and most importantly, negotiating the best possible settlement for your injuries.
8. How Should I Work With My Providence Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Regarding My Case?
- The first, and maybe most important, key to working with your motorcycle accident lawyer is to act as soon as possible. Like much else, as time passes by, physical evidence is destroyed or disappears, and witnesses’ memories become distorted and fade. Contacting a Providence motorcycle attorney immediately is your best bet to ensure you are fully compensated for all your injuries.
- Our motorcycle accident professionals will begin to gather evidence as soon as you hire us.
- Contacting us right after you contact the police ensures that our professional motorcycle accident investigator goes to the crash scene. The investigator will gather and document the information needed to later help your case and obtain the financial compensation you deserve.
- Acting fast also ensures that you meet the statute of limitations. The statute of limitations is what bars the late filing of legal claims. Thus, if you do not act fast, you run the risk of your claim being barred forever. If you do not meet the statute of limitations, you will never receive the compensation you may deserve for your injuries.
- Contacting us right away ensures that if you have a claim, it will not be filed late.
- We will tell you exactly what information to provide so there is no guessing; our firm will take care of all of the paperwork and we will deal with the legal, insurance, and medical systems so that you do not have to.
9. What Precautions Should You Take As A Motorcyclist?
- Wear a legally approved, full-face helmet
- Wear motorcycle-specific protective gear (i.e. leather jacket, reinforced denim/textile pants)
- Ensure your apparel is high-visibility, so other motorists can see you (bright colors, adorned with reflective strips)
- Use headlights
- Use turn signals
- Complete Motorcycle Safety Foundation trainings
10. Why Contact d’Oliveira & Associates?
- We are available to handle your initial phone call about your accident 24/7.
- We offer a free (no obligation) evaluation of your case.
- We will come to you, wherever you are, if either you prefer this or are unable to come into one of our 15 offices in RI and MA.
- We charge no legal fees unless you receive a settlement or award for your injuries.
- Our firm will always return your phone calls ASAP.
- We know all the tricks the insurance company adjustors are going to attempt to do to offer you less money than what your case is really worth.
Contact Us Today!
Call today at 1-800-992-6878, or fill out a contact form for your free (no obligation) case evaluation.