Have You Been Injured in An Auto Accident from Negligence?
Call the Woonsocket Car Accident Lawyers for help!
If you have been injured in an auto accident and it is not your fault, you may be entitled to a cash settlement for any medical bills, lost income (if any) and pain and suffering, among other losses. We have been handling car accident cases now for over 28 years and we charge no fee until you receive a settlement or award. Feel free to contact us toll-free or via email for a free (no obligation) consultation.
Woonsocket auto accident lawyers, d’Oliveira and Associates, have been helping their clients receive cash settlements for their auto accident injuries for the past 28 years. Paul d’Oliveira, president of d’Oliveira and Associates, is admitted to practice law in RI and MA and has an excellent AVVO rating of 10 out of 10. Every one of the attorneys in our firm has at least 15 years experience in handling car accident cases.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our Clients:
1. How Much Would I Be Charged In Legal Fees For My Auto Accident Case?
d’Oliveira and Associates will not charge you any legal fees until you receive settlement or award for your injuries. Our firm does charge a typical 1/3 fee of your settlement or award. We will also pay for out of pocket costs such as to obtain medical records, etc. And we obtain these from you if and when you receive an award.
2. What Should I Do After I Am Involved In An Auto Accident?
- Make sure to turn on your hazard lights and do not change the position your vehicle unless you are in harm’s way.
- If possible, take pictures of the location of the cars in the accident and any visible injuries.
- Contact 911 or your local police department and tell them if anyone has been wounded or needs medical attention.
- If needed, call a friend or family member to the scene to be a witness and take pictures.
- Collect evidence from any witness including names and telephone numbers before they leave the scene of the accident.
- Collect information from the other driver concerning his/her name, address and insurance company.
- If possible take some notes of the cars positions, road conditions, the weather, time, place, and any traffic violations.
- Seek out medical help right away if you are injured. Even if you do not feel like you were injured, be conscious that sometimes pain will not come about until hours or days after the accident.
3. What Is The Value Of My Auto Accident Case?
If you were injured in an auto accident and it was not your fault, you may be entitled to medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering, among other losses. As your lawyer we will negotiate with the insurance company the most concerning pain and suffering. Insurance companies just do not value pain and suffering as being worth as much as we do. This is where our 28 years of experience as Woonsocket auto accident lawyers can be incredibly important… Read more
4. Is There A Limited Amount Of Time I Have To File A Claim For My Auto Accident?
Yes, there is a time frame in which you will need to file a claim for your auto accident. It is vital that you contact a lawyer right away after your accident to ensure they are part of the process. In the state of Rhode Island, the statute of limitations for almost all auto accidents cases is 3 years. This simply means you will have 3 years to file a lawsuit against the opposing party for your injuries. Contacting a well-informed Woonsocket auto accident attorney will help you navigate your claim and make sure you are aware of the applicable statute of limitations.
5. What If The Other Driver Doesn’t Have Any Insurance?
In some cases you will run into the issue that the accident was caused by a driver who doesn’t have insurance, or by a driver of a hit-and-run automobile. In both of these situations they are considered “uninsured automobiles”. If you are hurt in an accident and the driver has no insurance, there are a few different things that you can do in order to receive the compensation you deserve. You may collect uninsured motorist benefits from the automobile you were in at the time the accident happened, and your insurance company is not allowed to raise your rates if you were not at fault. In some cases you may even be able collect uninsured motorist benefits from your automobile insurance company, or potentially any other automobiles insured and owned by members of your household. Read more
6. What Do I Do About My Property Damage?
In order to make sure that you receive the correct amount for your property damage claim you should have an insurance appraiser examine your vehicle at the auto body shop with your auto body repair man present. Your repair man should discuss your property damage claim with the claims adjustor directly. He is the best person, considering he will be the person fixing your vehicle, to negotiate the value of your property damage claim. This will help ensure you receive the correct amount of money you need to repair your vehicle… Read more
7. What Are Important Things To Keep In Mind Regarding My Insurance Company?
- Make sure that you get in contact your insurance agent as soon as you possible after the accident. Insurance companies will require you to a file a claim in a certain reasonable amount of time after the accident. It is vital not wait to file your claim.
- Go through your policy and determine the coverage you have to make sure that you file the proper claims. An experienced Woonsocket auto accident lawyer can help guide you through this process.
- Make sure to let your insurance company know about the particulars of the accident. Also include the insurance information of the other parties that were in the accident.
- Be sure to keep any and all paperwork having to do with your claim. This can be any medical bills, repair bills, and other papers or documents of expenses.
- We recommend that you don’t speak to the opposing party insurance company without speaking with a qualified Woonsocket auto accident attorney first. If you do decide to speak with to the opposing parties insurance company be sure that you: DO NOT talk about the specifics as to how the accident occurred, DO NOT agree to any offers to settle your claim until your doctor has cleared you from medical treatment and you are no longer in pain, DO NOT sign any insurance waiver or release until your doctor has cleared you from treatment and you are no longer in pain… Read more
8. What Is The Amount Of Insurance Coverage The Other Driver Has To Carry?
In RI, the lowest liability coverage that an owner of a vehicle must carry is 25,000/50,000 dollars. This means any person injured has up to $25,000 coverage, however if more than two people are hurt, there is $50,000 in coverage for everyone hurt. If your injuries are valued as more than 25,000/50,000, you would be able to collect underinsured motorist moneys from the car you were in and/or any automobiles owned by you and members of your household.
9. Why Do I Need An Experienced Woonsocket Car Accident Lawyer?
The answer is very simple. The insurance company’s objective is to offer you as little money as possible in order to settle your case. There are several things that a skilled attorney can do in order to make sure that you receive the best settlement possible for your case. This can include supervising your medical treatment to ensure that your doctors ordered the correct tests, collecting and monitoring your medical records to make sure they document any and all pain and suffering you have endured, guiding you regarding all aspects of your claim, and most importantly, negotiating with the insurance company to see that you receive the greatest possible settlement for your injuries.
10. Why Should You Hire Us?
- Our firm has been handling auto accident cases for over 28 years.
- Every one of our attorneys here has at least 15 years’ experience in dealing with auto accident cases.
- Your initial phone call will be answered no matter when you call, 24/7.
- We will offer you a free (no obligation) consultation.
- We are accessible to come to you wherever you are, if either you prefer this or are unable to come into one of our 15 offices in RI and MA.
- We do not charge any legal fees unless you receive a settlement or award.
- We will make sure to return your phone calls as soon as possible.
- We know all the different tricks the insurance company adjustors will try to use to offer you less money than what your case is really worth.
Contact Our Firm
Call today at 1-800-992-6878, or fill out a contact form for your free (no obligation) consultation.