If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost income, scarring (if any), and pain and suffering, among other losses. Our experienced Woonsocket motorcycle accident attorneys charge no fee until you receive a settlement or award. Call us toll free 24/7 or contact us online for a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
Have You Been Injured in a Motorcycle Accident?
Call The Woonsocket Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Now For
A Free Case Evaluation.
The Woonsocket motorcycle accident lawyers at d’Oliveira and Associates have been helping clients obtain cash settlements for their injuries for the past 28 years. Paul d’Oliveira, president of d’Oliveira and Associates, is admitted to practice law in RI and MA and has an outstanding AVVO rating of 10 out of 10.
Call d’Oliveira and Associates 24/7 at (401) 762-4006. Our office is located at 62 Hamlet Ave. in Woonsocket, RI.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our Clients:
1. Would There Be A Legal Fee Be For My Motorcycle Accident Case?
Our firm does not charge any legal fees until you obtain settlement or award for your injuries. We will charge a 1/3 fee of your settlement or award, which is standard in the industry. We also pay for costs such as to gather medical records, etc. And we obtain these from you if and after we settle your case.
2. What Should I Do If I Am In A Motorcycle Accident?
Even though the moments after you are involved in a motorcycle accident are hectic, you should keep in mind that the moments after your accident will have a bearing on the amount of compensation you recover.
- Never leave the scene
- Get yourself to safety
- Don’t apologize or talk about fault
- Contact 911 to report the accident
- Acquire contact information from witnesses
- Take photographs and document the scene
- Be careful who you talk to
- Call a Woonsocket motorcycle accident lawyer for legal help
3. What Is My Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
If you are hurt in a motorcycle accident and you are not at fault, you could be entitled to medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering, among other losses. The pain and suffering element is the portion that we will, as your lawyer, battle with the insurance company the most. Insurance companies can be difficult, because they do not see pain and suffering as being worth as much as we do. This is where our many years of experience as Woonsocket motorcycle accident lawyers can be crucial.
4. What Are The More Common Causes Of Motorcycle Accidents?
- Rear-end collisions
- Drivers that fail to use turn signals when changing lanes
- Vehicles that turn in front of motorcyclists without paying attention or out of respect for the rider
- Vehicles pushing motorcycles into guard rails on the side of the roadway
- Drivers that don’t stop for red lights or at stop signs
- Failure to follow posted speed limits
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
5. What Are Some Of The Common Injuries That Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Deal With?
- Head injuries, which includes traumatic brain injury, concussion, brain damage, and others
- Spinal cord injuries that make the injured a quadriplegic or a paraplegic
- Fractured bones, particularly to the joints (elbows, shoulders, hips, knees, wrists, pelvis, etc.)
- Road rash anywhere on the body
- Scarring and disfigurement that have the probability of requiring significant skin graft repairs
- Internal bleeding or hemorrhaging
- Injuries that require amputation
- Injury to soft tissue
- Wrongful Death
6. What If The Motorcycle Had A Defective Part?
Before every ride on a motorcycle, operators should perform a full inspection of the bike. Like other vehicle, motorcycles must be properly taken care of. Owners should be careful to keep the engine in good working condition, inspect tires, lights, brakes, and other equipment on the vehicle to make sure it will perform properly and reliably on the roadways. Even for those operators who take care and precautions to ride safely, motorcycle manufacturer defects are not totally unheard of. Riders are wise to keep their eyes and ears out for recalls that are delivered by the National Highway Traffic Safety Association. Here are some examples of what motorcycle defects or motorcycle part defects could be:
- Defective Handlebars
- Defective Tires
- Defective Fuel line
- Defective Wiring
- Defective Brakes
- Defective Headlight, taillight, or turning signal
- And others…
In these cases, injured riders should speak to their Woonsocket motorcycle accident attorney about whether the manufacturer of the bike, the manufacturer of a defective part, or even the garage where the vehicle most recently received service or maintenance can be held liable to you for damages.
7. Why Do I Need An Experienced Woonsocket Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
The answer to this is simple. The insurance company is going to make an attempt to offer you the least amount of money possible to compensate you and settle your case. There are many things a practiced lawyer can do to make sure you get the best possible compensation for your injuries. This can include monitoring your medical treatment to make sure your doctors ordered the appropriate tests, locating and monitoring your medical records to make sure they document the pain and suffering you have sustained, advising you regarding every aspect of your claim, and most importantly, negotiating the greatest possible settlement for your injuries.
8. How Can I Work With My Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Regarding My Case?
- The first, and maybe most significant, key to working with your motorcycle accident lawyer is to act as soon as possible. Like much else, as time goes by, physical evidence is destroyed or disappears, and witnesses’ memories become distorted and fade. Contacting a Woonsocket motorcycle attorney immediately is your best bet to ensure you are fully compensated for all your injuries.
- Our motorcycle accident professionals will begin to gather evidence the moment you hire us.
- Contacting us right after you call the police ensures that our professional motorcycle accident investigator goes to the crash scene. The investigator will obtain and document the information needed to later help your case and obtain the financial compensation you deserve.
- Acting quickly also ensures that you meet the statute of limitations. The statute of limitations is what bars the late filing of your legal claim. Thus, if you do not act quickly, you run the risk of your claim being barred forever. If you do not meet the statute of limitations requirement, you will never receive the compensation you may deserve for your injuries.
- Contacting d’Oliveira and Associates right away ensures that if you have a claim, it will not be filed late.
- We will tell you precisely what information to provide so there is no guessing; our firm will take care of all of the paperwork and we will deal with the legal, insurance, and medical systems so that you do not have to.
9. What Safety Precautions You Should Take As A Motorcyclist?
- Wear a legally approved, full-face helmet at all times
- Always wear motorcycle-specific protective gear (i.e. leather jacket, reinforced denim/textile pants)
- Ensure your apparel is high-visibility, so other motorists can always see you (bright colors, adorned with reflective strips)
- Use your headlights
- Use your turn signals when needed
- Complete Motorcycle Safety Foundation trainings in your state
10. Why Should You Call Call d’Oliveira & Associates?
- We are available to handle your initial phone call about your accident 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- We will offer you a free (no obligation) evaluation of your motorcycle case.
- We can come to you, wherever you are, if either you prefer this or are unable to come into one of our 15 offices in RI or MA.
- We will charge you no legal fees unless you receive a settlement or award for your injuries.
- Your phone calls will always be returned as soon as possible.
- We are experienced and know all the tricks the insurance company adjustors are going to attempt to do to offer you less money than what your case is really worth.
Contact Our Firm Today
Call d’Oliveira & Associates today at 1-800-992-6878, or fill out a contact form for your free (no obligation) case evaluation.