If you have been assaulted at an apartment complex and it was due to the owner not providing enough security, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering, among other losses. Normally there is insurance coverage available. For a free (no obligation) case evaluation, contact us 24/7 toll free or fill out a contact form.

Have You Been Assaulted or Injured Due To Inadequate
Apartment Complex Security?
Call 800-992-6878 For a Free Case Evaluation.

When Are Apartment Complex Owners Responsible for Assaults?

Inadequate Security in an Apartment Complex may lead to people being assaulted or injured and needing an inadequate security Apartment Complex lawyerOwners of apartment complexes are not responsible for all crimes that occur on their property, but they have a duty to make sure that their buildings, common areas, and apartment units are safe for their residents and guests and to protect them from being assaulted by a criminal. If the owner of the apartment complex knew or should have known that someone could be assaulted, yet they failed to take proper precautions, they may be responsible to compensate victims.

Examples of steps that an apartment complex could have taken to prevent future crimes include:

  • Adding, fixing, or replacing inadequate lighting in common areas.
  • Adding, fixing, or replacing security cameras around the property.
  • Hiring properly trained security guards to monitor the property.
  • Installing emergency call boxes or other methods of summoning emergency help.

What Types Of Injuries Can You Be Compensated For?

Inadequate Security in an Apartment Complex allows for unknown attackers to assault and attack unsuspecting people and an inadequate security Apartment Complex lawyer can help you receive compensation for injuriesCommon apartment complex injuries from inadequate security are kidnapping, rape, sexual assault, robberies, and assault and battery, etc. Injuries occur when the undeterred criminal is able to move freely throughout the buildings and property. The criminal could be either a trespasser on the property, a visitor, or another resident.

What Should You Do If You’ve Suffered an Apartment Complex Injury?

  1. Contact the police. The police will be able to launch an investigation to find the criminal and they will be able to document the incident, which can be used as evidence in a lawsuit.
  2. See a doctor. Make sure that you are treated for all of your injuries. Physical injuries are not the most serious injuries you can suffer. Mental anguish, post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, and other psychological injuries can last for weeks, months, years, or even a lifetime.
  3. Consider hiring an experienced inadequate security lawyer. They will be able to give you advice on whether or not you have a claim, and how much compensation you deserve.

What Is Your Inadequate Security Case Worth?

Awards and settlements vary on a case by case basis. Typically, victims can be compensated for medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, mental anguish and other losses. Since each case if different, you should contact an experienced inadequate security lawyer to see if you have a case and how much it may be worth. It is not uncommon for these cases to be worth a lot of money.

Awards can range into the millions of dollars. For example, an apartment complex was forced to pay over $1.8 million dollars to a woman who jumped from a window to escape a felon who entered the complex claiming to be a repairman. The apartment complex was found to be at fault because they negligently allowed the man onto the property.

Who Is Responsible To Pay?

The apartment complex’s insurance company will often cover injuries to victims, who were assaulted by a criminal, if it can be shown that the owner did not take proper precautions to protect people that had the right to be on the premises. The criminal is also responsible, but they typically do not have the money to pay. Lawyers who handle inadequate security cases can easily find out how much insurance coverage the owner of an apartment complex has.

What Are the Legal Fees?

Our firm charges the industry standard fee of 1/3 of the settlement or award, and you are only charged if you get money.

How Much Time Do You Have To File An Apartment Complex Lawsuit?

In both Rhode Island and Massachusetts you have to file a lawsuit within 3 years of the injury. However, the time limit sometimes varies, and only an experienced inadequate security lawyer will be able to say if you have a valid claim.

Why Hire Us?

Inadequate Security Apartment Complex Injury Lawyer meeting with those injured for attacked due to inadequate Apartment Complex securityIf you or a loved one have suffered an injury at an apartment complex due to inadequate security, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering, among other losses. We can file a claim for you and do not charge a fee unless you receive an award or settlement. For a free (no obligation) case evaluation, call our toll free number 24/7 or fill out a contact form on our website.