If you have been assaulted in a bar or nightclub and it was due to the owner not providing enough security, you may be entitled to receive compensation for you medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering, among other loses. There is usually insurance coverage available. For a free (no obligation) case evaluation, contact us 24/7 toll free or fill out a contact form on our website.

Have You Been Assaulted or Injured Due To Inadequate Bar Security?
Call 800-992-6878 For a Free Case Evaluation.

When Are Bar Owners Responsible For Your Injuries?

Inadequate Security in bars may lead to people being assaulted or injured and needing an inadequate security Bar Injury lawyerBar owners are not responsible for all crimes that occur on their property, but they have a duty to make sure that their entire restaurant is safe for their residents and guests and to protect them from foreseeable crimes. If the bar knew or had reason to know that crimes were likely to occur, but they failed to properly prevent further crime, they may be responsible for your injuries.

Examples of steps that a bar could have taken to prevent future criminal conduct include:

  • Adding, fixing, or replacing inadequate lighting both in the bar and in the parking lot.
  • Adding, fixing, or replacing security cameras throughout the property.
  • Hiring trained security personnel to monitor the bar.
  • Implementing security measures such as dress codes to deter gang related activity or other methods of deterring potential criminals.

What Types Of Injuries Can You Be Compensated For?

Inadequate Bar Security allows for unknown attackers to assault and attack unsuspecting people and an inadequate security Bar lawyer can help you receive compensation for injuriesCommon bar injuries resulting from inadequate security are kidnapping, rape, sexual assault, robberies, and assaults. These injuries occur when the criminal is able to move freely throughout the bar and property and they are not deterred by normal security measures, such as bouncers. The criminal could be either a trespasser on the property, or another guest.

What Should You Do If You’ve Suffered A Bar Injury?

  1. Contact the police immediately. The police will be able to launch an investigation to find the criminal, and they will be able to document the incident, which can be used as evidence in a lawsuit.
  2. See a doctor as soon as possible. Make sure that you are treated for all of your injuries. Physical injuries are usually the least serious injuries you can suffer. Mental anguish, post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, and other psychological injuries can last for weeks, months, years, or even a lifetime.
  3. Consider hiring an experienced inadequate security lawyer who will be able to give you advice on whether or not you have a potential claim and how much compensation you deserve.

Who Is Responsible To Pay?

The bar’s insurance company will pay in a settlement or award. Owners usually have insurance which can cover third party criminal conduct that occurs on the property. Additionally, the criminal themselves will have to pay. However, it is often the case that the criminal is unknown, or does not have the ability to pay anything. Allowing for the negligent bar owner’s insurance company to pay for all of your damages allows you to be compensated fairly.

What Is Your Inadequate Security Case Worth?

Awards and settlements vary on a case by case basis. Typically, victims can be compensated for medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, mental anguish and other losses. Since each case if different, you should contact an experienced inadequate security lawyer to see if you have a case and how much it may be worth. It is not uncommon for these cases to be worth a lot of money.

Inadequate security awards can range into the millions. For example, a Florida jury awarded $1.7 million to the family of a man who was fatally stabbed at a night club, because the bar was found to be at fault.

What Are the Legal Fees?

We charge the industry standard fee of 1/3 of the settlement or award, and we only charge if you get money.

How Much Time Do You Have To File A Lawsuit?

In both Rhode Island and Massachusetts you have to file a lawsuit within 3 years of the injury. However, the time limit can vary, and only an experienced inadequate security lawyer will be able to say if you have a valid claim.

Why Hire Us?

Inadequate Security Bar Injury Lawyer meeting with those injured for attacked due to inadequate Bar securityIf you or a loved one have suffered an injury at a bar due to inadequate security, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering, among other losses. We can file a claim for you and do not charge a fee unless you receive an award or settlement. For a free (no obligation) case evaluation, call our toll free number 24/7 or fill out a contact form on our website.