If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, scarring (if any), lost income and pain and suffering, as well as other losses. Our experienced East Providence motorcycle accident attorneys charge no fee until you receive a settlement or award. Contact us toll free 24/7 or contact us online for a free (no obligation) evaluation of your case.
Have You Been Injured in a Motorcycle Accident?
Call The East Providence Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Now For
A Free Case Evaluation.
The East Providence motorcycle accident lawyers at d’Oliveira and Associates, have been helping clients obtain cash settlements for their injuries for the past 28 years. Paul d’Oliveira, president of d’Oliveira and Associates, is admitted to practice law in RI and MA and has a superb AVVO rating of 10 out of 10.
Call d’Oliveira and Associates 24/7 at (401) 431-1990. Our office is located at 2540 Pawtucket Ave. in East Providence, RI.
Commonly Asked Questions:
1. What Are The Legal Fees For A Motorcycle Accident Case?
Our law firm will not charge you any legal fees until you obtain your settlement or award for your injuries. We do charge a one third fee of your settlement or award, which is standard in the industry. We will also pay for the costs involved with obtaining medical records, etc. We obtain these from you if and when we settle your case.
2. If I Am Involved In A Motorcycle Accident, What Precautions Should I Take?
Even though the moments after you are involved in a motorcycle accident are hectic, you should keep in mind that the moments after your accident will be crucial in terms of the compensation you will be able to recover.
- Do not flee the scene
- Get to safety right away
- Don’t apologize or talk about fault
- Call 911 and report the accident
- Take contact information from witnesses
- Take pictures in order to document the scene
- Be careful who you speak with after the accident
- Call an East Providence motorcycle accident lawyer for legal help
- Read More
3. How Much Is My Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident and you are not at fault, you may be eligible for medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering, among other losses. Pain and suffering is the portion that we will, as your lawyer, battle with the insurance company the most. Insurance companies can be difficult, because they do not consider your pain and suffering as being worth as much as we do. Our many years of experience as East Providence motorcycle accident lawyers will be crucial in dealing with the insurance companies to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
4. What Usually Causes Motorcycle Accidents?
- Rear-end collision
- Other drivers that neglect to use turn signals before changing lanes
- Vehicles that turn in front of motorcyclists without paying attention to the rider
- Cars forcing motorcycles into guard rails on the side of the roads
- Cars that run through stop signs and red lights
- Other drivers failure to adhere to posted speed limits
- Other drivers that drive while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
5. Which Injuries Do Lawyers See The Most In Motorcycle Accident Cases?
- Head injuries: which can include; traumatic brain injury, concussion, brain damage, and others
- Spinal cord injuries that make the injured a quadriplegic or a paraplegic
- Broken bones, especially to the joints (elbows, shoulders, hips, knees, wrists, pelvis, etc.)
- Road rash
- Scarring and disfigurement, which usually require significant skin graft repairs
- Internal bleeding
- Injuries that require amputation
- Soft tissue injury
6. What If I Had A Defective Part On My Motorcycle?
Prior to each ride, operators should perform a full inspection of the bike. Like any other vehicle, motorcycles must be maintained carefully and properly. Owners should be cautious to keep the engine in proper working condition, inspect tires, lights, brakes, and other equipment on the vehicle to make sure it will perform properly and reliably on the roadways. Even for those operators who maintain and take the precautions to ride safely, motorcycle manufacturer defects are not completely unheard of. Riders are smart to keep their eyes and ears out for recalls that are issued by the National Highway Traffic Safety Association. Some examples of motorcycle defects or motorcycle part defects you might see are:
- Issues with handlebars
- Issues with tire(s)
- Issues with the fuel line
- Issues with wiring
- Issues with brakes
- Issues with headlight, taillight, or turning signal
- And others
In these cases, injured riders should speak with an experienced East Providence motorcycle accident attorney about whether the manufacturer of the bike, the manufacturer of a defective part, or even the garage where the vehicle most recently serviced, can be held liable to you for damages.
7. What Can An Experienced East Providence Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Do For Me?
The answer to that question is simple. The insurance company will offer you the least amount of money possible to compensate you and settle your case. There are many things an experienced lawyer can do to ensure you get the best possible compensation in light of your unfortunate injuries. This includes monitoring your medical treatment to make sure your doctors ordered the appropriate tests, locating and monitoring your medical records to make sure they document the pain and suffering you have sustained, advising you concerning each aspect of your claim, and most importantly, negotiating the best possible settlement for your injuries. Read More
8. What Can I Do To Work With My Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
- First, and most importantly, the key to working with your motorcycle accident lawyer is to act as soon as possible. As time goes on, physical evidence is damaged or disappears, and witnesses’ memories become distorted and fade. Contacting an East Providence motorcycle attorney immediately is your safest option in ensuring you are awarded the compensation you are entitled to.
- Our firm’s motorcycle accident professionals will begin to obtain evidence as soon as you hire us.
- Contacting us immediately after you contact the police ensures that our professional and experienced motorcycle accident investigator goes to the crash scene. This investigator will gather and document the information needed to later help your case and obtain the financial compensation you deserve.
- When you act fast you also ensure that you meet the statute of limitations. The statute of limitations prevents the late filing of your legal claims. With that said, if you do not act fast, you run the risk of your claim being barred forever. If you do not meet the statute of limitations, you will never be compensated for your injuries.
- Contacting us right away ensures that if you have a claim that will be filed on time.
- We will tell you exactly what information to provide so there is no guessing; our firm takes care of all of the paperwork and we deal with the legal, insurance, and medical systems so that you do not have to.
9. Safety Measures You Should Take As A Motorcyclist:
- Be sure to wear a legally approved, full-face helmet at all times
- Wear specific motorcycle protective gear (i.e. leather jacket, reinforced denim/textile pants)
- Ensure your apparel is visible, so other motorists can see you (bright colors, adorned with reflective strips)
- Make sure to use your headlights
- Use turn signals whenever necessary
- Take a Motorcycle Safety Foundation training class
10. Why Is Contact d’Oliveira & Associates Best Fit To Handle Your Case?
- We are able to handle your initial phone call about your accident 24/7
- We offer a free (no obligation) case evaluation
- We will come to you, wherever you are, if either you prefer this or are unable to come into one of our 15 offices in MA and RI
- We charge no legal fees unless you receive a settlement or award
- We will make sure your phone calls are returned ASAP
- Our firm is experienced with these types of cases and we know all the tricks the insurance company adjusters are going to attempt to do to offer you less money than what your case is really worth.
- Read More
Contact Us Now
Call today at 1-800-992-6878, or fill out a contact form for your free (no obligation) case evaluation.
From Rumford, RI:
Estimated drive time, 10 minutes
Get onto Pawtucket Ave and travel south. Our office is on the left.
From Warren, RI:
Estimated drive time, 20 minutes
Follow RI-114 N and continue onto Wampanoag Trail. Take a slight right toward Pawtucket Ave. Our office will be on the right.