Man in hospital bed needing a RI medical malpractice attorney

Medical malpractice can be difficult to prove. This is why you need an experienced RI medical malpractice attorney on your side. The plaintiff needs to establish and prove negligence on the part of the healthcare professional, and that the damage or injury occurred as a result of such negligence. This is the reason why recent statistics show that 60% of malpractice claims are withdrawn, dropped or dismissed without payment. People give up due to lack of resources or lack of proper guidance on how their case should be handled. Of those that go to trial, only one out of five ends successfully. Generally, the outcome of medical malpractice lawsuits are difficult to predict. Compensation varies from case to case, and some healthcare professionals claim that they end up paying a hefty compensation for a malpractice case. The average compensation that is obtained from malpractice claims are around $360,000 for inpatient setting, and $290,000 for outpatient setting.

Do You Need to Speak to a RI Medical Malpractice Attorney?
Call d’Oliveira & Associates for a Free Case Evaluation!

The National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB) reports, however, that claims involving serious or major injuries receive higher compensation when compared to those with minor injuries. Some say that this only proves that the system is working – that patients cannot just go to court and expect a large settlement for their poor claims.

RI Medical Malpractice attorney meeting with a clientMedical malpractice has become one of the highest causes of death in the United States, and only about 2% of people who actually suffered from malpractice claims attempt to obtain compensation. The fact that a RI medical malpractice lawsuit is difficult to prove and difficult to predict should not stop the rest of the 98%, who have become victims, from seeking compensation for their losses and injuries. Every person deserves to be compensated for the financial burden and other injuries that he or she has sustained from medical malpractice; in the same way that every patient deserves adequate care and attention from the doctor or hospital he has entrusted his or her life with.

To speak to a RI medical malpractice attorney, contact the law offices of d’Oliveira & Associates at 1-800-992-6878 or fill out a contact form for a free legal consultation.

d’Oliveira & Associates
390 Broadway
Providence, RI 02909
(401) 831-8600