If you were hurt in a car accident in Pawtucket that is not your fault, we have the knowledge and resources to get you the best possible settlement for your medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering, among other losses. We charge no fee until you receive a settlement or award. Contact us toll-free at 401-365-6001 or fill out our online contact form for a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
Attorney D. Robin Gouveia is the managing attorney of our Pawtucket office and has been successfully settling car accident cases for over 20 years. Lisa Lennon, our lead paralegal in the Pawtucket office, has been handling car accident cases for over 20 years. With this much experience, our Pawtucket staff has the knowledge and resources to make sure our clients get the settlements they deserve for their injuries. See the numerous positive reviews expressed from past clients on our Pawtucket Google Reviews page.
Our Best Car Accident Case Settlements:
- $964,000 Car Accident Settlement – Our client sustained a brain injury after a motor vehicle accident. She hired our firm and we secured the settlement she was entitled to for her injuries.
- $800,000 Car Accident Settlement – Our client suffered two (2) fractured vertebrae and major bruising all over her body. Our firm was able to help and secured her a favorable settlement.
- $650,000 Car Accident Settlement – Our client sustained a concussion, dental and facial fractures, cuts to his arms and face, and underwent shoulder surgery. Our firm was able to negotiate a large settlement for him.
Commonly Asked Questions:
What Should I do After a Car Accident?
Turn on your hazard lights if you can and do not move your car from the scene of the accident unless you are in danger. Call the local police or 911 to report the accident and inform them if anyone is hurt or needs medical assistance. If it is possible, get the names and contact information of any witnesses. Try to document what happened and take pictures if you are able to. Get the other driver’s name, address and insurance information.
If the other driver left the scene of the accident, try to document everything you can about the vehicle, license plate and what happened. If you are injured, seek medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you do not feel you need to see a doctor, it is still a good idea to be checked out as some injuries may not be immediately apparent.
When Do I Have To Take Legal Action Concerning My Accident?
In Rhode Island, the time period you have to file a lawsuit, in most auto accident cases, is 3 years. For minors, the time period is a little longer. Contacting an experienced Pawtucket car accident lawyer can help make sure you do not miss your opportunity to be compensated for the injuries and losses after an accident.
What Injuries Can I Be Compensated For?
If you are injured in a car accident that is not your fault, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering and other losses. Usually, the settlement for pain and suffering is what the insurance company will attempt to avoid paying. Insurance companies can be unfair when it comes to paying you for your pain and suffering. Like any other business, they want to make a profit. The less they pay you, the more money they will profit. This is where our 30 years of experience as Pawtucket car accident lawyers will help to get the best settlement possible for you. Read more.
What If The Other Driver Does Not Have Insurance?
If you are injured by a driver with no insurance, you can collect uninsured motorist benefits from the car you were in at the time of the accident. Your insurance company will not raise your rates if you are not at fault. In most cases, you can also collect uninsured motorist benefits from other automobiles insured and owned by people in the house you live in. An experienced Pawtucket car accident lawyer can assess your policy to make sure you receive these benefits. Read more.
How Do I Record The Property Damage Done To My Vehicle?
You should have the damage to your vehicle assessed by an auto body repair shop. Depending on the accident, the opinion of a mechanic may also be required. This is the best way to get an estimate of the damages, because it is likely you will have your car repaired at the shop assessing the damages. Additionally, a professional mechanic can see all the damages done and can relay any information necessary to the claims adjuster. After the estimate is completed, the claims adjuster will be able to negotiate your property damage claim. Read more.
How Much Does Our Firm Charge For A Car Accident Case?
Our law firm will not charge any legal fees unless you obtain a settlement or award for the injuries you have sustained. At that point, we charge a 1/3 fee of your settlement or award, which is the industry standard in the field of personal injury law. With our extensive experience and proven track record, we work diligently to get the largest possible settlement for your case. Read more.
Dangerous Roads and Intersections in Pawtucket, RI
- Interstate 95 Exit 29 (US 1 Broadway/Broadway/Cottage St) – One source places this area as the most dangerous in all of Rhode Island. It even is noted as one of the top 5 most dangerous areas in all of New England. Within a three (3) year span, this area saw 191 crashes, including 55 injury based crashes, and 134 of those crashes resulting in property damage only.
- Interstate 95 Exit 25 – One source places this area as the 10th most dangerous area in all of Rhode Island. Within a three (3) year span, this area saw 122 crashes with 53 of them resulting in injuries.
What Advantages Do I Have By Hiring An Experience Pawtucket Car Accident Lawyer?
The insurance company endeavors to pay you as little as possible since making a profit is their main goal. Do not be fooled into taking quick cash. There are many things an experienced Pawtucket car accident lawyer can do to ensure you get the best possible settlement for your injuries.
- Monitoring your medical treatment to ensure your doctors ordered the appropriate tests.
- Getting and checking your medical records to make sure they document the pain and suffering you have suffered.
- Advising you on every aspect of your claim.
- Negotiating with the insurance company to get a favorable settlement for you. Read more.
Contact an Experienced Pawtucket Car Accident Lawyer Today!
If you have been injured in a car accident in the Pawtucket area, call our experienced Pawtucket car accident lawyers located at 11 George St., Pawtucket, RI for help. You may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, among other losses. We charge no fee unless we get you an award or settlement. For a free (no obligation) case evaluation call us at 401-365-6001. You may also fill out our contact form online.