If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, you could be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, scarring (if any), lost income and pain and suffering, among other losses. Our experienced Pawtucket motorcycle accident attorneys charge no fee until you receive a settlement or award. Contact us toll free 24/7 or visit us online for a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
Have You Been Injured in a Motorcycle Accident?
Call The Pawtucket Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Now For A Free Case Evaluation.
The Pawtucket motorcycle accident lawyers at d’Oliveira and Associates, have been helping clients obtain cash settlements for their injuries for the past 28 years. Paul d’Oliveira, president of d’Oliveira and Associates, is admitted to practice in RI and MA and has an exceptional AVVO rating of 10 out of 10.
Call d’Oliveira and Associates 24/7 at (401) 365-6001. Our office is located at 11 George St. in Pawtucket, RI.
Common Questions Our Clients Ask:
1. What Is The Legal Fee For A Motorcycle Accident Case?
Our law firm does not charge any legal fees until you receive settlement or award for your injuries. We do charge a 1/3 fee of whatever your settlement or award is, which is the industry standard. Additionally, we pay for costs such as obtaining medical records, etc. And we will receive these from you if and when we settle your case.
2. What Steps I Should Take After Being In A Motorcycle Accident?
Even though the moments after you are involved in a motorcycle accident are chaotic, you should keep in mind that your post-accident conduct will affect the amount of compensation you recover.
- Do not flee the scene
- Get to safety as soon as possible
- Refrain from apologizing or discussing fault
- Call 911 to report the accident and any injuries
- Secure contact information from any witnesses
- Take pictures and document the scene of the accident as accurately as possible
- Be careful who you speak with following the accident
- Call a Pawtucket motorcycle accident lawyer for legal help
3. How Much Is My Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
If you are hurt in a motorcycle accident and you are not at fault, you could be entitled to medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering, among other losses. The pain and suffering portion is the element that we, as your attorney, will fight with the insurance company the most over. Insurance companies can be difficult, because they do not value pain and suffering as being worth as much as we consider it to be. This is where our many years of experience as Pawtucket motorcycle accident lawyers can be crucial.
4. What Are Some Common Causes Of Motorcycle Accidents?
- Rear-end crashes
- Drivers who neglect to use turn signals before changing lanes
- Vehicles that turn in front of motorcyclists and don’t pay attention to the rider
- Other vehicles forcing motorcycles into guard rails on the side of the roadway
- Drivers that don’t stop for red lights or stop signs
- Other drivers that fail to adhere to the posted speed limits
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
5. Which Injuries Are Most Frequent In Motorcycle Accident Cases?
- Head injuries: traumatic brain injury (TBI), concussion, brain damage, and others
- Spinal cord injuries that cause the injured to be a quadriplegic or a paraplegic
- Fractures, especially to the joints (elbows, shoulders, hips, knees, wrists, pelvis, etc.)
- Road rash on any part of the body
- Scarring and disfigurement that could potentially require significant skin graft repairs
- Bleeding internally
- Loss of a limb
- Any soft tissue injuries
6. What If My Motorcycle Had A Defective Part(s)?
Before each ride on a motorcycle, operators should perform a complete inspection of the bike. Like any vehicle, motorcycles must be properly maintained. Owners should be careful to make sure the engine is in proper working condition, inspect tires, lights, brakes, and other equipment on the vehicle to make sure it will perform properly and reliably on the roads. Even for those operators who take precautions to ride in a safely, motorcycle manufacturer defects are not completely unheard of. Riders should pay close attention to recalls issued by the National Highway Traffic Safety Association. Here are some examples of commonly defective motorcycle parts:
- Handlebars issues
- Tire issues
- Fuel line issues
- Wiring issues
- Brake issues
- Headlight, taillight, or turning signal issues
- And others…
In these cases, injured riders should speak to an experienced Pawtucket motorcycle accident attorney about whether the manufacturer of the bike, the manufacturer of a defective part, or even the garage where the vehicle most recently received service or maintenance, can be held liable to you for damages.
7. Why Hire An Experienced Pawtucket Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
The answer is a simple one. The insurance company is going to offer you the least amount of money possible to compensate you for your injuries and settle your case. There are many things an experienced lawyer can do to make sure you get the greatest possible compensation for your injuries. This includes monitoring your medical treatment to make sure your doctors ordered the appropriate tests, locating and monitoring your medical records to make sure they document the pain and suffering you have sustained, advising you about every aspect of your claim, and most importantly, negotiating the best possible settlement for your injuries.
8. What Can I Do To Assist In My Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit?
- The first, and maybe most important, key to working with your motorcycle accident lawyer is to act as soon as you can. As time passes by, physical evidence is destroyed or can vanish, and witnesses’ memories become distorted and less reliable. Contacting an experienced Pawtucket motorcycle attorney immediately is the best way to ensure you receive the compensation you are entitled to.
- Our firm’s motorcycle accident professionals will begin to gather evidence as soon as you hire us.
- Contacting us right after you contact the police ensures that our professional motorcycle accident investigator can go to the crash scene. The investigator will gather and document the information that may be necessary to help your case and obtain the financial compensation you deserve.
- Acting fast also ensures that you will meet the statute of limitations, which prevents the late filing of legal claims. Thus, if you do not act fast, you run the risk of your claim potentially being barred forever. If you do not meet the statute of limitations, you will never obtain the compensation you may deserve for your injuries.
- Contacting our law firm right away ensures that if you have a claim as it will be filed on time.
- We will tell you exactly what information to supply so there is no guessing; our firm will take care of all of the paperwork and we deal with the legal, insurance, and medical systems so that you won’t have to.
9. What Are Common Motorcycle Safety Habits?
- Wear an approved full-face helmet
- Wear motorcycle-specific protective gear (i.e. leather jacket, reinforced denim/textile pants)
- Ensure your apparel is high-visibility, so other motorists can see you (bright colors, adorned with reflective strips)
- Be sure to use your headlights
- Make sure to use turn signals
- Complete Motorcycle Safety Foundation training
10. Why Call d’Oliveira & Associates?
- We are available to handle your initial phone call regarding your accident 24/7.
- We offer a free (no obligation) evaluation of your motorcycle accident case.
- We will come to you, no matter where you are, if either you prefer this or are unable to come into one of our 15 offices in RI and MA.
- We charge no legal fees unless you receive compensation for your injuries.
- We will make sure we return your phone calls as soon as possible.
- We know all the tricks the insurance company adjusters are going to try to do to offer you less money than what your case is really worth.
Contact Us Today
Contact us today at 1-800-992-6878, or fill out a contact form for your free (no obligation) consultation.
From Central Falls, RI:
Estimated drive time, 10 minutes
Get on RI-114 S and continue onto Main St. Turn right onto Park Pl and then turn left on Park Pl W. Continue onto George St. Our office is on the right.
From Lincoln, RI:
Estimated drive time, 20 minutes
Get onto RI-123 E/Breakneck Hill Rd and turn right on Great Rd. Turn left onto Chapel St. Turn left onto Walker St and then keep right to continue toward Lonsdale Ave. Take a slight left onto Dexter St and continue onto Main St. Continue onto Park Pl W and then continue to George St. Our office is on the right.