Anyone who has been injured on the job knows the difficulties resulting from the injuries. There are a number of challenges the worker and their family must face, including: medical expenses, lost wages due to an inability to work, cost of surgery or treatment and cost of rehabilitative care. Depending upon the nature of the injuries, some are permanently unable to return to work. A work-related injury can prove to be debilitating and devastating for workers and their families and may lead to the must for workers compensation.
What Are Common Workplace Injuries That Receive Workers’ Compensation?
Injuries that occur on the job will be covered by workers’ compensation. Here are some of the most common types of workplace injuries that occur:
- Slip-trip-and-fall: These types of injuries are often caused by hazardous liquid spills, broken stairs, uneven pavement or other types of dangers in the workplace.
- Heavy objects: A number of workplace injuries are sustained when workers are lifting heavy objects. These lead to hernias and back injuries.
- Construction sites: Common injuries in construction sites include injuries caused by falls, electrical accidents and machinery.
- Vehicle accidents: Many employees, particularly those who are required to drive around for work, are injured in car accidents.
- Repetitive use injuries: Over the years, there are a number of injuries caused by doing the same tasks over and over again. Common examples and neck and hand injuries, back injuries and knee injuries.
What Should I Do If I Suffer An Injury At Work?
There are a number of steps injured Providence workers can take in order to protect their rights and move to receiving workers compensation:
- Report your injury right away to your employer or supervisor. Even if the injury appears to be minor, it is crucial that you report it because it could get worse over time. Make sure the report is in writing and be sure to obtain a copy for your records. Report your incident to the union representative.
- Document all aspects of the incident including the data and time, names, addresses and contact information of anyone involved in the incident and anyone who may have witnessed it, the person to whom you reported the injury and the impact the injury has had on you.
- Get immediate medical attention, treatment and care for your injuries. Keep a detailed medical record including the date and time of each doctor’s visit and a list of all medical providers.
- Talk to an experienced Providence workers’ compensation lawyer who will fight for your rights and help you get the benefits to which you are entitled.
Contact a Providence Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
If you or someone you know has been injured in a slip and fall accident, contact one of our experienced Providence, RI workers compensation lawyers located at 390 Broadway, Providence, RI 02909. You may be entitled to receive compensation for your medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering, among other losses. No fees are received unless you win your case. For a free (no obligation) case evaluation, call us at 401-831-8600 or toll free at 1-800-992-6878. You may also fill out our contact form online.