Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
42 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- HeartMate II LVAS Pocket System Controller by Abbott-Thoratec: Class I Recall – Due to Risk of Patient Injury and/or Death during Backup Controller Exchange.
- Brilinta (ticagrelor) 90 mg tablets, 8-count Physician Sample Bottles: Recall of Lot # JB5047 – Due to Report of Another Medicine in One Bottle.
- Al-Er-G Capsules by MusclMasster: Recall – Contains Banned Substance Ephedra.
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals recalls Mibelas 24 Fe birth control pills. The pills are packaged out of sequence.
- Jaguar recalls model year 2018 Jaguar F-TYPE vehicles. The visual and audible turn signal reminders may not operate properly.
- Mazda North America Operations is recalling 69,447 model year 2004-2008 RX-8s. Heat from the engine and the exhaust may cause the main fuel pump pipe to crack.
- Harley-Davidson has issued a recall involving 45,589 model year 2017 motorcycles when it was found that an incorrectly installed clamp may result in the engine oil cooler line detaching, causing a sudden loss of oil. This could increase the risk of a crash or injury.
- Model year 2015-2017 Polaris Slingshots recalled. The ABS and Traction/Stability Control could become disabled.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Model year 2016-2017 Vibe recreational trailers recalled. The federal placard has incorrect rear tire information.
- Forest River recalls model year 2016-2018 Cardinal recreational trailers. The federal placard contains incorrect Gross Axle Weight Rating capacity information.
- Keystone recalls model year 2012-2018 Springdale RVs. The vehicle’s federal identification tag overstates the Gross Axle Weight Rating capacity.
- Highland Ridge recalls fifth wheels and travel trailers. The LED ceiling lights may produce excessive heat.
- Model year 2014 XLR Hyperlite toyhaulers recalled. An axle issue could result in the loss of vehicle control.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Kroger recalls Yellow Sponge Cake Dessert Cups. The product contains milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- FDA Investigates Findings of Hepatitis A Linked to Frozen Tuna.
- Schnucks Bakery Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Walnuts in Cinnamon Pudding Half Cakes and Cake Slices.
- Fry’s Food Stores Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Pecans and Tree Nuts in Bakehouse Bread Cranberry Orange Bread.
- Gilster-Mary Lee Corp. Issues a Recall for Undeclared Egg Noodles in Western Family Onion Soup Mix.
- Star Snacks Co. is voluntarily recalling two lots of Southern Grove Cashew Halves and Pieces with Sea Salt due to the potential presence of glass pieces.
- Global Garlic Inc. Recalls “Queso Freso/Whole Milk Cheese” Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Club Chef LLC Announces Recall of Limited Number of Snack Kits.
- Happy Sprout Inc. Recalls Soybean Sprouts Due To Possible Health Risk.
- Wholesome Country Creamery half & half recalled. The products not have been pasteurized sufficiently.
- Golden Temple, Swad and Maya flour recalled. The products may be contaminated with e. Coli 0121.
- Packer Avenue Foods, Inc. Recalls Ready-To-Eat Chicken Salad Due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Gourmet Boutique LLC Recalls Ready-To-Eat Breaded Chicken Products Due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Tyson Foods Inc. Recalls Ready-To-Eat Breaded Chicken Products Due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- CC Kitchens, LLC Recalls Meat and Poultry Salad Products Due to Possible Listeria Contamination.
- Conagra Brands, Inc. Recalls Spaghetti and Meatball Products Due To Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Pork King Sausage, Inc. Recalls Raw Sausage Link Products Due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergen.
- Advance Pierre Foods, Inc. Recalls Chicken Tenders and Breaded Dark Meat Chicken Products Due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Water Lilies Food Inc., Recalls Ready-To-Eat Breaded Chicken Products Due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Aldon Food Corp. Recalls Chicken Salad Products Due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Kentucky Supplier Recalls More Than 22,000 Pounds of Beef. The U.S. Department of Agriculture says a Kentucky-based food distributor has issued a recall on more than 22,000 pounds of ground beef and other beef products due to possible E. coli bacteria contamination.
Infant & Children Products:
- Kreative Kids Recalls Children’s Robes Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard. The children’s robes fail to meet flammability standards for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
- Madison Mill Recalls Safety Gates Due to Entrapment and Strangulation Hazards. A young child’s neck can fit into the “V” shaped opening along the top edge of the gate, posing entrapment and strangulation hazards to young children. Also, young children can pass under the gate allowing access to restricted areas, such as stairs.
- Lila + Hayes Recalls Children’s Playwear Due to Choking Hazard. The buttons can detach from the garment, posing a choking hazard to young children.
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- United Pet Group Voluntary Recalls Multiple Brands of Rawhide Chew Products for Dogs Due to Possible Chemical Contamination.
- Cycling Sports Group Recalls GT Mountain Bicycles Due to Fall Hazard. The handlebars can crack, posing a fall hazard to the consumer.
- Arctic Cat Recalls Snowmobiles Due to Impact Hazard. The snowmobile drive clutch can fracture and fragments can escape the snowmobile shielding, posing an impact hazard.
- Nidec Motor Recalls Swimming Pool Motors Due to Electrical Shock Hazard. The pump control cover can be improperly grounded, posing an electrical shock hazard.
- Lithonia Lighting Recalls to Repair Ceiling Light Fixtures Due to Impact Hazard. The plastic diffuser lens can detach and fall unexpectedly, posing a risk of injury from impact.
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com