Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
47 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Frameless Stereotaxic Navigation Systems: FDA Safety Communication – Navigational Accuracy Errors.
- Voluntary Recall of Eliquis® (apixaban) 5 mg Tablets (#HN0063) – Recall to retail/dispensing level only.
- Alvogen Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Clindamycin Injection Due to a Potential for a Lack of Sterility Assurance.
- Hospira Issues a Voluntary Nationwide Recall For 8.4% Sodium Bicarbonate Injection, USP, Neut tm(Sodium Bicarbonate 4% Additive Solution), QUELICIN tm (Succinylcholine Chloride Injection, USP) and Potassium Phosphates Injection, USP Due To a Potential For Lack Of Sterility Assurance.
- Advanced Pharma, Inc. D/B/A Avella of Houston Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of All Unexpired Nitroglycerin Injection In 5% Dextrose USP Products Produced At Its Houston Location from March 3, 2017 through May 31, 2017 Due To Sub-Potency.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals, USA Extends Voluntary Nationwide Recall to Consumer/User Level for One Lot of Paliperidone Extended-Release Tablets, 3mg, 90 Count Bottles Distributed Under the Actavis Pharma Inc. Label Due to Dissolution Test Failure.
- Topical Products by Phillips Company: Recall – Due to Concerns of Manufacturing Practices.
Sodium Bicarbonate Injection
- Porsche recalls Panameras and Cayennes. The affected vehicles have camshaft controllers that may come loose inside the engine, potentially resulting in an engine stall and increasing the risk of a crash.
Recalled Porsche Cayenne vehicle
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Gulf Stream recalls model year 2018 Vintage Cruiser travel trailers. The federal certification label overstates the capacity of each axle.
- Model year 2016-2018 Venom fifth-wheel travel trailers recalled. The kitchen’s rubber gas supply hose may be to close to the cooktop pilot light.
- Columbia Northwest recalls Aliner Ascape trailers. The trailer’s liquid propane gas bottle may fall from the vehicle.
- Thor recalls model year 2017 Challenger 37YT motorhomes. Carbon monoxide could build up inside the vehicle.
- VanLeigh recalls Vilano fifth-wheel recreational trailers. The trailer’s spare tire could fall off while unit is in motion.
- Forest River recalls model year 2016-2017 XLR ToyHauler RVs. The vehicles could experience a loss of control.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Tyson Foods recalls breaded chicken fritters and patties. The products may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Conagra Brand recalls spaghetti and meatballs. The products contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Supreme Cuisine Recalls Meat and Poultry Fat and Lard Products Due to Processing Deviation.
- Trader Joe’s recalls ice cream because of bits of metal. All lot codes of the retailer’s branded Matcha Green Tea flavored ice cream are under recall because they could be contaminated with small pieces of metal.
- New England Natural Bakers Issues Voluntary Recall Due to Possible Health Risk.
- OFD Food, LLC. Recalls Beef Products Due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- Joseph Seviroli Inc. Recalls Beef Products Due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Golden Platter Foods Inc. Recalls Poultry and Beef Products.
- Wildway LLC Issues Voluntary Recall of Certain Grain-Free Granola Products.
- Gomacro Recalls Limited Number of Macrobars and Thrive Bars Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Nature Path granola recalled from Costco because of Listeria.
- Wildway, Trader Joe’s grain-free granola recalled for Listeria.
- Bulletproof 360, Inc. Recalls Collagen Protein Bars and Bites Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Kroger Expands Recall of 12 oz. packages of Simple Truth Dry Roasted Macadamia Nuts because of Possible Health Risk.
- Chic-A-Peas, LLC Recalls Product Because of Possible Health Risk.
- NOW Health Group Inc. Expands Voluntary Recall of Ellyndale® Nutty Infusions™ Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Aldon Food recalls chicken salad. The products contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Packer Avenue Foods, Inc. Recalls Ready-To-Eat Chicken Salad Due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Giant Eagle Voluntarily Recalls Select Items Due to an Undeclared Milk Allergen.
- Channel Fish Processing Co., Inc. Recalls Siluriformes Fish Products Due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Willis Ocean Inc Issues Alert on Uneviscerated Scomber Fish.
- Robin Hood All Purpose Flour recalled for E. coli O121 contamination.
- Embutidos Fanguito, Inc. Pork products recalled for mislabeling, misbranding, and undeclared allergens.
- The Agropur Cooperative on Vancouver Island, BC has recalled several brands of its milk after “foreign material” was found in some of the products.
- Publix recalls fruit mix because of Listeria risk in apricots.
Recalled Tyson Chicken product
Infant & Children Products:
- Little Giraffe Recalls Children’s Robes Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard.
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- Loving Pets Voluntarily Recalls Limited Lot Numbers of Air-Puffed Dog Treats Because of Possible Salmonella Health Risk.
- United Pet Group Expands Voluntary Recall of Multiple Brands of Rawhide Chew Products for Dogs to Also Include Private Label Brands Due to Possible Chemical Contamination.
- Vitakraft Sun Seed Issues Voluntary Recall of Certain Rabbit and Macaw Diets Due To Listeria Monocytogenes.
Recalled Rawhide Chew
- Advanced Composites Recalls Bicycle Forks Due to Fall Hazard (Recall Alert)
- GTHI Recalls Climbing Belay Devices Due to Fall and Injury Hazards. The handle on the Vergo belay device can loosen and cause the device’s assisted braking capacity to malfunction, posing fall and injury hazards to climbers.
Recalled Climbing Belay
- Noble House Recalls Chairs Due to Fall Hazard. The legs of the chairs can break, posing a fall hazard to consumers.
- iFashioning Recalls Women’s Scarves Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard; Sold Exclusively on Amazon.com (Recall Alert)
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com