Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
38 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles will recall more than 1.25 million pickup trucks worldwide to address a software error. The error code could temporarily disable the side air bag and seat belt pretensioner deployment during a vehicle rollover spurred by a significant underbody impact, such as striking on-road debris or driving off-road, the Italian-American automaker said.
- Ducati North America is recalling about 568 model year 2016-2017 Multistrada 1200 Enduro motorcycles. The rear shock absorber lower shock-end eyelet may crack and possibly detach from the swingarm, affecting the motorcycle’s handling and increasing the risk of a crash.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Keystone RV Company is recalling 29 model year 2017 CrossRoads Volante trailers, model 310BH. The rear upper bunk may not be properly supported. Without the proper supports, the bunk may fall when it is occupied, increasing the risk of injury.
- Forest River is recalling model year 2017-2018 Salem, Wildwood, XLR, Sanibel, Wildcat, Vengeance, Chaparral Lite and Columbus recreational trailers. The federal placard may inaccurately list the tire and rim combinations that are installed on the trailers.
- Grand Design RV is recalling 1,662 model year 2017-2018 Imagine travel trailers. The screws that secure the slide room mechanism columns may shear, allowing the slide room to extend while the trailer is being towed, increasing risk of a crash.
- Livin’ Lite Recreational Vehicles is recalling five model year 2018 Quicksilver recreational trailers, model TH 7X20. The frame structures that support the trailer floor may fail.
- Riverside RV is recalling 146 model year 2017-2018 Whitewater and Mt. McKinley travel trailers. The trailers were manufactured without rear-facing reflectors and have non-reflective tail lights. Without rear-facing reflectors or reflective tail lights, the vehicle may have reduced visibility from behind, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles Recalled by American Honda Due to Risk of Injury. The front passenger seat belt buckle can fail due to a manufacturing defect, posing a risk of injury.
- Snowmobiles Recalled by Polaris Due to Crash Hazard. A weld on the steering post can separate, resulting in loss of steering control, posing a crash hazard.
- Polaris Industries is recalling 1,254 model year 2016-2017 GEM E2, E4, E6, and ELXD electric vehicles, equipped with steel wheels. The lug nuts on the front wheels may loosen, potentially resulting in a front wheel detaching from the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Quality Nut Co. is recalling five nut products containing various allergens not listed on the product labels.
- Herbalife is recalling certain lots of its Protein Bar – Peanut Butter that may contain a trace amount of fish gelatin, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Lamb Weston Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Red Robin Burgers and Brews Crispy Onion Rings Sold in Grocery Stores.
- Trident Seafoods Corporation Recalls Frozen Multi-Grain Alaskan Cod Due to Possible Health Risk.
- Mikawaya Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Peanuts In Limited Quantity Of Mikawaya Chocolate Chocolate Mochi Ice Cream.
- Wegmans Food Markets Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Egg In Wegmans Family Pack Food You Feel Good About Net. Weight 48 ozs. (3 LB.) 1.36 KG Potato Salad.
- Fourth Street Barbecue/Packing Division Recalls Save-A-Lot Pick 5 Mix & Match Chicken & Waffle Sandwich Because Of Possible Health Risk.
- Publix Super Markets is issuing a voluntary recall for Publix Deli Artichoke and Spinach Dip due to the possibility of the product containing small glass fragments.
- Ford Brothers Wholesale Meats, Inc. Recalls Beef Products Due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Kabob’s Acquisition, Inc. Recalls Meat and Poultry Products Due to Possible Listeria Contamination.
- NY Livestock Market, Inc. Recalls Poultry Products Due to Possible Residue Contamination.
- Valley Innovative Services Recalls Meat and Poultry Frozen Entrée Products Due to Possible Listeria Contamination.
- Green Chile Food Company Recalls Meat and Poultry Burrito Products Due to Possible Listeria Contamination.
- Horton Fruit recalls bagged spinach products for Listeria contamination.
- DOM International Limited is recalling the Kelly Oysters brand of Gigas Oysters from the marketplace due to marine biotoxin which causes amnesic shellfish poisoning.
- Valley Innovative Services recalled approximately 130,071 pounds of meat and poultry frozen entrée products which included a non-meat ingredient (waffles) that was recalled due to Listeria monocytogenes.
- Maple Leaf Foods is recalling an undisclosed amount of chicken strip and sandwich products under three brands because they maybe contaminated with toxin produced by Staphylococcus bacteria.
- Kiel’s Henning’s Cheese announced a voluntary recall of a limited amount of its Colby Jack cheese.
- Nature’s Truth Recalls Iron Supplement Bottles Due to Failure to Meet Child-Resistant Closure Requirement.
- C.O. Truxton, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Amitriptyline HCL Tablets, USP 50mg and Phenobarbital Tablets, USP 15mg, 30mg, 60mg, 100mg Due to Potential Label Mix-Up.
- Genetic Edge Compounds is recalling all lot codes of GEC Laxoplex dietary supplement capsules distributed between February 2, 2015- May 2, 2017. Food and Drug Administration analysis has found the product is tainted with anabolic steroids and steroid like substances, making the product an unapproved drug for which safety and efficacy have not been established.
- U.S. Deer Antler Ex. & Imp., of Los Angeles, Calif., is recalling a variety of herbal teas prepared between March 1, 201717 and April 30, 2017. The teas, especially those with low-acidity held at room temperature, were not produced according to approved guidelines, making them susceptible to contamination by Clostridium botulinum.
Infant & Children Products:
- Little Passports Recalls Science Kits Due to Burn Hazard. The battery packs included in the science kits can overheat, posing a burn hazard to consumers.
- Profile Design Recalls Bicycle Handlebar Stems Due to Loss of Control and Crash Hazard. The bicycle handlebar stems can corrode and break, causing the rider to lose control and crash.
- Honeywell International Recalls SWIFT® Wireless Gateway Sold with Fire Alarm Systems Due To Failure to Communicate in Fire.
- Carrier and Bryant Recall Heat Pumps Due to Fire Hazard. The capacitors in the fuse boards in the heat pumps can stop working causing the unit to overheat, posing a fire hazard.
- Night Lights Recalled by AM Conservation Group Due to Fire Hazard.
- Segway Inc., of Bedford, N.H. is recalling about 24, Off-Board Chargers for Segway Personal Transporters (PT), an expansion from 17 in its earlier recall. A wire inside the charger can detach and touch the side of the charger, posing a shock hazard.
Segway Personal Transporters
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com