Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
34 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- V60 Non-invasive Ventilator by Respironics: Class I Recall – Unexpected Device Shut Down.
- HeartMate II LVAS Pocket System Controller by Abbott-Thoratec: Class I Recall – Due to Risk of Patient Injury and/or Death during Backup Controller Exchange.
- LeadCare Testing Systems (with Blood Obtained from a Vein) by Magellan Diagnostics: FDA Safety Communication – Risk of Inaccurate Results.
HeartMate II LVAS Pocket System | Source: fda.gov
- Brilinta (ticagrelor) 90 mg tablets, 8-count Physician Sample Bottles: Recall of Lot # JB5047 – Due to Report of Another Medicine in One Bottle.
- Mibela 24 Fe Chewable Tablets by Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc.: Recall – Out of Sequence Tablets and Missing Expiry/Lot Information.
- The FDA announced that Watson Laboratories is conducting a recall on Hydrocodone Bitartrate and APAP Tablets due to a possible undetermined hazard. The recalled products were sold under the brand name(s) Watson Laboratories during an unspecified time period.
Brilinta (ticagrelor) 90 mg Tablets
- Bombardier Recreational Products recalls Can Am Spyder RT motorcycles. Due to a manufacturing error within the headlight assembly, the headlight may shine too high when on the low beam setting.
Can Am Spyder RT motorcycle | Source: consumeraffairs.com
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Model year 2017-2018 Raptor fifth-wheel recreational trailers recalled. The recalled trailers have tires that may contact the outriggers. Tire contact with the outriggers may result in tire damage, possibly causing a loss of control, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Forest River recalls model year 2018 Palomino recreational trailers. The federal placard contains incorrect tire size, tire pressure, and rim size information.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Recall on Fewer Than 225 Ava’s Brand Organic Cashews Roasted & Salted 8 oz. Tubs in NJ, NY, PA and CT.
- California Sun Dry Foods Announces a Voluntary Recall of Mislabeled California Sun Dry Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Due to Undeclared Almond and Milk Allergen.
- Golden Gourmet Recalls Frozen Waffle and Turkey Sausage Products Due to Possible Listeria Contamination.
- Armour Eckrich Meats, LLC Recalls Ready-To-Eat Sausage Products Due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- L.A. Lucky Brand Basil Seed 2.1 oz Voluntary Recall Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Osso Good recalls beef and pork bone broth. The products did not undergo federal inspection.
- Cauldron Soups, LLC Recalls Beef Broth Products Produced Without Benefit of Inspection.
- Readfield Meats, Inc. Recalls Beef Trimming Products Due to Possible Adulteration.
- Hail Merry Issues Voluntary Recall Due to Labeling Error.
- Brightfarms Announces Voluntary Regional Recall of Produce Due to Potential Presence of Metal Pieces From Construction.
- Recall of Food Produced at Airway Heights Corrections Center.
- Caverflo.com Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Caverflo Natural Herbal Coffee due to the Presence of Undeclared Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Undeclared Milk.
- Wang GlobalNet recalls Fish Cake, Fish Ball and Fish Tofu. The products may contain egg and wheat, allergens not declared on the label.
- Dynamic Technical Formulations, LLC. Issues a Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Tri-Ton Due to the Presence of Andarine and Ostarine.
- MusclMasster LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Al-Er-G Capsules because it Contains the Banned Substance Ephedra.
Recalled Organic Cashews
Recalled Beef Bone Broth
Recalled Caverflo Natural Herbal Coffee
Infant & Children Products:
- Hobby Lobby Recalls Easter and July 4th Light-Up Spinner Toys Due to Choking and Ingestion Hazards. The battery cover can detach and expose the small coin cell batteries, posing choking and ingestion hazards to young children.
- Dynacraft Recalls Ride-On Toys Due to Fall and Crash Hazards. The acceleration pedal on the ride-on toys can stick, posing fall and crash hazards.
- Daytona recalls Skull Cap D1, D3 and D6 motorcycle helmets. The helmets may not adequately protect the wearer.
- Cordless Electric Lawn Mowers Recalled Due to Fire Hazard; Made by Hongkong Sun Rise Trading.
- Williams-Sonoma Recalls Rejuvenation Wall Sconces Due to Shock Hazard (Recall Alert). The joint of the articulating arm can pinch or cut the electrical wire causing it to fray, posing a shock hazard.
- Pier 1 Imports Recalls Temani Wicker Furniture Due to Violation of Federal Lead Paint Standard. The paint used on the wicker furniture can contain excessive levels of lead, which is a violation of the federal lead paint standard.
Recalled Cordless Electric Lawn Mower
- Extech Recalls Digital Clamp Meters Due to Electrocution Hazard.
- Sportex Recalls Salt Rock Lamps Due to Shock and Fire Hazards. The dimmer switch and/or outlet plug can overheat and ignite, posing shock and fire hazards.
- Office Chairs Recalled by Leggett & Platt Office Components Due to Fall Hazard.
Recalled Salt Rock Lamp
- Barnes Bullets recalls 300 Weatherby 180 grain TTSX VOR-TX ammo. The ammo maker determined that the loads may contain cartridges of a different caliber.
Recalled Weatherby Ammo
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com