Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
35 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Premier Pharmacy Labs Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Specific Sterile Injectable Products Lots Due to a Potential Lack of Sterility Assurance.
- Essure Permanent Birth Control System by Bayer Healthcare: Announcement – FDA Restricts the Sale and Distribution.
- Coastal Meds to Recall All Products Marketed as Sterile.
- Acrodose PLus and PL Systems by Haemonetics: Recall – Low pH Readings for Platelets Stored in CLX HP Bag.
Recalled Essure Device
- Maeng Da Red Powder and Capsules by Club 13: Recall – Possible Contamination with Salmonella.
- Mitsubishi Lancers with airbag inflator issue recalled. The inflator could explode in the event of an air bag deployment.
Recalled Mitsubishi Airbag
- Brembo recalls motorcycle front brake master cylinders. The piston within the master cylinder may crack and fail.
- Zero S, DS and DSP (Police) motorcycles recalled. The battery could suffer an electrical short.
Recalled Motorcycle Front Break
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- BRP Recalls All-Terrain Vehicles Due to Crash Hazard. 2017 Can-Am Outlander and Outlander Max All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs).
- Model year 2018 KZRV Sportsmen Classic recreational trailers recalled. The mini refrigerators may have a loose or missing propane gas valve test port screw.
- Model year 2018-2019 Newmar New Aire motorhomes recalled. A wheel valve stem stabilizer may dislodge and damage the valve stem.
Recalled AllTerrain Vehicle
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Over 200 Million Eggs Recalled Over Salmonella Fears. The affected products were sold under multiple brands, including Food Lion.
- Stewart’s Shops Issues Allergy Alert on Pint Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream.
- Nine Whole Foods Market Stores Issue Voluntary Recall for Explorateur French Triple Creme Cheese Due to Possible Health Risk.
- Rose Acre Farms Recalls Shell Eggs Due to Possible Health Risk.
- Conagra Brands Inc. Recalls Salisbury Steak Products Due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- Koch Foods Inc. Recalls Beef Products Due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- Fresh Foods Manufacturing Co. Recalls Ready-To-Eat Salad Products Due to Possible E. coli O157:H7 Contamination.
- Aspire Food Group recalls EXO Bars. The products may contain sulphites which are not declared on the label.
- Cookwell & Company Issues Allergy Alert for Undeclared Soy, Wheat and Fish Allergen in Charred Tomato & Basil Sauce with a “Best By” Date of “10 Nov 18”
- Montana brand frozen strawberries are being pulled from Canadian stores because of possible hepatitis A contamination.
- Metro Ontario Inc. of Ontario, Canada, is recalling Fresh 2 Go brand roast beef paninis from the marketplace because they may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, according to the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA).
- Good Foods Group recalls curry chicken salad. The product contains cashews, an allergen, not declared on the label.
- Cut Fruit Express recalls fresh bruschetta mixes and dips. The products may contain soy and milk, allergens not declared on the label.
- Guixens Food Group Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Sulfites in La Marinera Brand Dried Yellow Potatoes.
- Seacrest Foods Recalls l’Explorateur Soft Ripened Cheese Due to Possible Health Risk.
- Advocare recalls Muscle Strength and Nighttime Recovery. The dietary supplements may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Independent Nutrition recalls Ignite Pre-Workout Supplements. The products may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- ‘Rhino 69 Extreme 50000’ Recalled due to Presence of Active Ingredient ‘Tadalafil’.
- Epic Products, LLC, Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of All Lots of Euphoric Capsules Due to Presence of Undeclared Sildenafil and Tadalafil.
Recalled Dried Yellow Potatoes
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- K9 Natural Ltd Voluntarily Recalls K9 Natural Frozen Chicken Feast Raw Pet Food 2.2lb and 11lb Bags Because Of Possible Listeria Monocytogenes.
- Vitakraft Sun Seed Recalls of Sunseed Vita Prima Sugar Glider Food Due to Possible Salmonella Health Risk.
Recalled Dog Food
- L.L.Bean Recalls Knife with Sheath Due to Laceration Hazard. The knife blade can cut through the protective leather sheath, posing a laceration hazard.
- Group Rossignol Recalls LOOK Pivot Ski Bindings Due to Fall Hazard. The heel piece on the ski binding can come loose, posing a fall hazard to the skier.
Recalled Hunting Knife
- R.J. Reynolds Vapor Company has voluntarily initiated a nationwide safety recall of all Vuse Vibe power units. The Company initiated the recall after receiving consumer complaints about malfunctioning batteries, which may cause the power unit to overheat and create a fire risk.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com