Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
37 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited Expands Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium Tablets, USP and Losartan Potassium/Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets, USP.
- Alvogen Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Fentanyl Transdermal System Due to Product Mislabeling.
- Model year 2016-2018 Mazda3s recalled. A defective windshield wiper relay may cause the windshield wipers to become inoperative, reducing the driver’s visibility.
- BMW adds 185,000 vehicles to total recall of 925,000 over fire risk. Until the repair, BMW suggests checking for smoke or burning plastic.
- Fiat Chrysler recalls 320,000 Dart cars that could roll away. The recall covers 2013 through 2016 model year automatic transmission Dart cars and that the defect could prevent drivers from shifting vehicles into park.
- Nissan Rogue crossovers investigated for unexpected braking. 675,000 of them may have automatic emergency braking issue.
- Triumph recalls model year 2019 Speed Twin motorcycles. Improper routing of the coolant hose may cause it to contact the exhaust header pipe, damaging the hose and resulting in a coolant leak near the rear tire.
- Indian recalls Scout, Scout Bobber, and Scout Sixty motorcycles. After the manufacturing process, air may remain trapped within the brake system, possibly reducing brake performance.
- Jayco recalls model year 2017-2019 Seismic fifth wheel trailers. The brake lines may be pinched or cut.
- BMW recalls C600 Sport, C650 Sport and C650 GT scooters. Repeated turning of the handlebars to the left-most position may cause the front brake hose to crack and leak over time.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Highland Ridge recalls Mesa Ridge Lite 2804RK and Open Range Ultra Lite 2804RK travel trailers. The Gross Vehicle Weight Rating shown on the label is insufficient.
- Entegra recalls model year 2019-2020 Entegra Reatta motorhomes. While the motorhome was being delivered, the tow hitch may have been damaged, compromising the motorhome’s ability to tow vehicles safely.
- Entegra recalls model year 2019 Esteem motorhomes. The parking brake cable ends may be too small, allowing the cable to disconnect, preventing the emergency brake from engaging.
- Jayco recalls model year 2019-2020 Embark motorhomes. While the motorhome was being delivered, the hitch may have been damaged, compromising the motorhome’s ability to safely tow vehicles.
- Jayco recalls model year 2018 Jayco Talon and Seismic fifth wheel trailers. Incorrect hardware may have been used to secure the fuel tank that is used for refilling vehicles.
- Jayco recalls model year 2019 Greyhawk and Redhawk motorhomes. The parking brake cable ends may be too small, allowing the cable to disconnect, preventing the emergency brake from engaging.
- Model year 2018-2019 Forest River Surveyor recreational trailers. The federal placard indicates that the vehicles have 3,500 lb. capacity axles, whereas they actually have 2,500 lb. capacity axles.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Mondelēz Global LLC Conducts Voluntary Recall of Certain Chewy Chips Ahoy 13oz Due to Unexpected Solidified Ingredient in Product in the US.
- Unilever Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Tree Nut in Limited Quantities of Ben & Jerry’s Coconut Seven Layer Bar Bulk and Chunky Monkey Pint.
- Hercules Candy LLC Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Peanuts in Cashew Brittle Bits.
- Jensen Tuna of Louisiana is Voluntarily Recalling Frozen Ground Tuna Imported from JK Fish, Because it may Potentially be Contaminated with Salmonella.
- Weis Markets Issues Recall for Undeclared Egg Allergen In WQ Banana Puddin Ice Cream.
- Belmont Meat Products is recalling Kirkland Signature brand Harvest Burger, “Veggie Burgers” because they may contain pieces of metal.
- Golden Pearl Mushrooms Ltd. is recalling GPM brand Pea Shoots from the marketplace due to possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
- Listeria monocytogenes was detected in Coulommiers, a type of cheese, from France. The product was part of a mass recall of raw and pasteurized cheese made by Fromagère de la Brie.
- Feeding Change Canada is recalling Feeding Change brand Young Thai Coconut Meat from the marketplace because of a risk of possible Salmonella contamination.
- Fresh Eggs From My Farm 12 Free Range Eggs 700-gram and Fresh Eggs From My Farm Cage Eggs 700 gram with use by date May 6, 2019, were sold at butchers and independent stores in New South Wales (NSW).
- SD Import recalls Aphrodisiac capsules. The product contains sildenafil, making it an unapproved drug.
Infant & Children Products:
- Go Couture Recalls Children’s Loungewear Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard. The children’s loungewear sets fail to meet the federal flammability standard for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
- Target Recalls Wooden Toy Vehicles Due to Choking Hazard. The wheels on the vehicles can detach, posing a choking hazard to children.
- Fisher-Price Recalls Rock ‘n Play Sleepers Due to Reports of Deaths. Infant fatalities have occurred in Rock ‘n Play Sleepers, after the infants rolled from their back to their stomach or side while unrestrained, or under other circumstances.
- H&M Recalls Children’s Bathrobes Due to Violation of Flammability Standard. The children’s hooded bathrobes fail to meet the flammability standard for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
- Arctic Cat Recalls Snowmobiles Due to Fire Hazard. While operating the snowmobile the exhaust can flame from the muffler outlet, posing a fire hazard.
- RH Recalls Callum Canopy Beds Due to Injury Hazard. The bed’s horizontal canopy rails can detach and fall, posing an injury hazard.
- Heat Hero Recalls Portable Plug-in Heaters Due to Fire and Burn Hazards. The heater can overheat, smoke and catch fire, posing fire and burn hazards.
- MTD Recalls Lawn Mowers Due to Injury Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Lowe’s. Sharp objects can pierce through the lawn mower’s collecting bag during use and strike a user or bystander, posing an injury hazard to consumers.
- Tekno Products Recalls Tuff Smoke-Less Grills Due to Fire and Burn Hazards. The grill can overheat, posing fire and burn hazards.
Recalled Lawn Mower
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com