Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
32 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Product Quest Manufacturing LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of CVS Health 12 Hour Sinus Relief Nasal Mist Due to Microbiological Contamination.
- Camber Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Valsartan Tablets, USP, 40mg, 80mg, 160mg and 320mg Due to the Detection of Trace Amounts of N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) Impurity, Found in an Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API).
- Westminster Pharmaceuticals, LLC. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Levothyroxine and Liothyronine (Thyroid Tablets, USP) Due to Risk of Adulteration.
- World Organix, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Blissful Remedies Red Maeng Da 100% Mitragyna Speciosa, Blissful Remedies Red Maeng Da Liquid Kratom Mitragyna Speciosa, Blissful Remedies 4 Hour Chill Slow Motion Blend, Due to High Microbial Loads Contamination.
- Polaris recalls model year 2011-2016 GEM electric vehicles. The lower main frame tube may crack.
- Model year 2016-2017 GEM E2, E4, E6 and ELXDles recalled. The vehicle can become inoperative or go in the opposite direction than intended.
- Ducati recalls Panigale and Hypermotard motorcycles. The friction material on the rear brake pads may detach from the backing plate.
- Badass Helmet Company is recalling 765 Trooper motorcycle helmets, model TR001.6, in sizes XS, S, M, L, XL, and 2XL. The helmets may not adequately protect the wearer in the event of a head impact during a motorcycle crash and they may not stay secured to the rider’s head.
- Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is recalling 3,493 model year 2018 Yamaha MT-07J, MT-07JC, XSR700J, and XSR700JC motorcycles. The bolts that connect the drive chain guard to the swingarm may loosen, possibly causing the chain guard to contact the drive chain and break.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Forest River recalls recreation vehicles with power window issue. Liquid may leak into the driver’s power window switch causing corrosion.
- Model year 2019 Entegra Emblem and Vision motorhomes recalled. The windshield wiper arms may lift away from the windshield.
- Model year 2019 Jayco White Hawk recreational trailers recalled. Screws that secure ladder steps may break.
- Keystone recalls model year 2018-2019 Dutchmen Aerolite recreational trailers. The federal certification label contains incorrect tire rim size information.
- Entegra Odyssey, Qwest, Aspire, Insignia, Anthem and Cornerstone motorhomes recalled. The cargo carrying capacity label contains incorrect information.
- Model year 2018-2019 Jayco Alante, Precept, Seneca, Redhawk, and Melbourne motorhomes recalled. The cargo carrying capacity label contains incorrect information.
- KZRV recalls model year 2018-2019 KZRV Sportsmen recreational trailers. Propane gas may leak at the back of the outside kitchen cooktop.
- Jayco recalls model year 2018 Jayco Octane travel trailers. The generator’s exhaust may enter the trailer.
- Polaris Recalls Gravely Utility Vehicles Due To Fire and Burn Hazards. The utility vehicle’s exhaust header pipe can crack, posing fire and burn hazards.
- Bobcat Company Recalls Utility Vehicles Due To Burn and Fire Hazards. The utility vehicle’s exhaust header pipe can crack, posing burn and fire hazards.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Hostess recalls Cookies ‘n Creme Brownies. The product contains egg, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Dole Fresh Vegetables Inc. is recalling an undisclosed amount of baby spinach packaged salad because Canadian officials found Listeria monocytogenes contamination in a sample.
- Pinty’s Delicious Foods Inc. is recalling an undisclosed amount of refrigerated chicken strips because government testing in Canada found Listeria monocytogenes in a sample of the product.
- Van Oriental Foods is recalling approximately 10,385 pounds of heat treated but not fully cooked and not shelf stable pork egg rolls. The product may be contaminated with extraneous materials — specifically soft plastic.
- Country Favor Inc. Issues Alert on Undeclared Sulfites in “Best Taste Brand Snack Ginger Sliced”
- StoneRidge Wholesale Division LLC is recalling approximately 656 pounds of fully cooked, not shelf stable ready to eat pork and beef bologna products due to misbranding. The products contain sodium nitrite and sodium erythorbate, which are not declared on the finished product label.
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- G&C Raw LLC has recalled one batch of “Pat’s Cat Turkey” cat food and one batch of ground lamb dog food because the Ohio Department of Agriculture found Listeria monocytogenes in both products.
- Clean Republic Recalls Hill Topper Electric Bike Motor Controllers Due to Crash and Injury Hazards. Water can enter the motor controller and cause it to accelerate on its own, posing a crash and injury hazard to the rider.
- The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announced that Textron Specialized Vehicles is recalling certain Arctic Cat snowmobiles. The handgrip can break, posing an injury hazard to the rider.
- Rena Ware recalls Nutrex Pressure Cookers. The recalled pressure cookers can discharge steam at lower pressures than intended.
- Vitamix Recalls Ascent and Venturist Series Blending Containers Due to Laceration Hazard. The containers can separate from the blade’s base exposing the blades, posing a laceration hazard to consumers.
- NEMO Equipment Recalls Stargaze Recliner Chairs Due to Fall Hazard. The plastic joint supports attached to the legs of the chairs can break, posing a fall hazard.
- Harbor Freight Tools Recalls Handgun Safes Due to Serious Injury Hazard. The handgun safes can open without the use of a key or combination upon impact and allow unintended access to the contents of the safe, posing a risk of serious injury to children and others.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com