Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
17 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Pfizer Inc. Issues a Voluntary Nationwide Recall for 2 Lots of RELPAX® (eletriptan hydrobromide) 40 mg Tablets Due to Potential Microbiological Contamination of Non-Sterile Products.
- Ford issues second 2015 Fusion and Lincoln MKZ seat belt recall. According to Ford, “increased temperatures generated during deployment of the driver or front-passenger seat belt anchor pretensioner could degrade the tensile strength of the cable below the level needed to restrain an occupant.”
- The 2019 Toyota Prius and RAV4 Hybrid are subject to a new recall that surrounds a fault in the brake assist systems in both cars. According to documents Toyota filed with the NHTSA, the new recall specifically surrounds an issue with the brake booster.
- Mazda North American Operations is recalling 22,571 model year 2019 Mazda3s with manual dimming mirrors. The adhesive between the interior rearview mirror and the housing may not be properly bonded, allowing the mirror to detach from the housing.
- Vitro recalls aftermarket replacement rear window glass. Due to improper tempering, in the event of a rear window glass breaking, the resulting fragments may not be small enough to meet federal standards.
- Piaggio recalls motorcycles with braking issue. Due to a problem with the front brake master cylinder, the front brakes may drag or apply, causing the motorcycle to unexpectedly slow down or stop completely without activating the rear brake light.
- SSR Motorsports Recalls Off‐Highway Competition Motorcycles Due to Crash and Injury Hazards. The vehicle’s front fork assembly can fail during use, causing the rider to lose control, and result in a crash hazard.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Gulf Stream recalls Serro Scotty S14 RBR travel trailers. The federal placard label has an incorrect Gross Vehicle Weight Rating.
- Winnebago recalls model year 2018-2019 Fuse motorhomes. The wheel studs may be too long, preventing the lug nuts from properly securing the wheels.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Tyson Foods, Inc. Recalls Weaver Brand Ready-To-Eat Chicken Patty Products due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- Taylor Farms recalls breaded chicken products. A processing defect may have led to undercooking of the products.
- Lakefront Brewery recalls beer because of ‘risk of explosion’. Brewery officials announced Thursday they found that the beer contains small amounts of wild yeast from the cherries that it was brewed with, which continues to ferment. Subsequently, carbon dioxide builds up in the bottles, potentially leading to an explosion.
- AWERS, Inc. Recalls Grained Salmon Caviar 95g Because of Possible Health Risk.
Infant & Children Products:
- Heinz recalls Turkey Stew baby food in Canada; insects found.
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- Dog Goods USA LLC to Conduct A Voluntary Recall of Chef Toby Pig Ears Treats Because of Possible Salmonella Health Risk.
- FDA Cautions Pet Owners Not to Feed Texas Tripe Inc. Raw Pet Food Due to Salmonella, Listeria monocytogenes.
- SunSetter Recalls Vinyl Covers for Motorized Awnings Due to Impact and Fall Hazards; One Death Reported. If a powered awning is activated while the cover is secured with bungee tie-downs, when the cover is removed, the awning can open unexpectedly with enough force to strike a consumer standing in the awning’s path, causing them to fall and suffer death or serious injury.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com