Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
21 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Temporary Total Artificial Heart Companion 2 Driver System by SynCardia Systems: Letter to Health Care Providers – Risk of Mortality and Stroke.
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Valsartan / Amlodipine / HCTZ Tablets.
- Subaru recalls model year 2019 Subaru Ascents. These vehicles may be missing spot welds on, or around, the B-Pillar. In the event of a crash, the missing spot welds may compromise the vehicle’s strength, increasing the risk of injury.
- Volkswagen to recall 700,000 cars over roof lighting. Humidity can cause a short circuit at the panoramic roof’s light strip of the affected cars. A short circuit in the LED-module could cause scorching damage on the roof and possibly set the vehicle on fire.
- Off-Road Motorcycles Recalled by American Honda Due to Crash and Injury Hazards. The clutch outer can break, posing crash and injury hazards.
- Ducati recalls Panigale and Hypermotard motorcycles. The friction material on the rear brake pads may detach from the backing plate.
- Alta recalls Redshift EXR and Redshift MXR motorcycles. The software for the throttle control may fault if the throttle is rolled forward past the closed position, possibly resulting in a motorcycle stall, increasing the risk of a crash.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Forest River recalls Rockwood and Flagstaff trailers. The inner wheel bearings may seize, which can cause the trailer wheels to lock up, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Forest River recalls Palomino hardside truck campers. The federal placard contains an incorrect weight listing.
- Keystone recalls model year 2018-2019 Dutchmen Aerolite trailers. The lower rated safety chains may fail if the trailer detaches from the tow vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Forest River recalls Prime Time Crusader fifth-wheel recreational trailers. The incorrect information may result in the axles being overloaded, causing a loss of control, and increasing the risk of a crash.
- Forest River recalls Cherokee Wolf Pup recreational trailers. The single propane bottle brackets mounting legs may break.
- Bobcat recalls utility vehicles. The exhaust header pipe can crack, posing burn and fire hazards.
- Polaris Recalls ACE 150 and Ranger 150 Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles Due to Crash Hazard. The front suspension lower ball joint can separate over time, posing a crash hazard.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Salt & Straw Voluntarily Recalls Certain Lots of Chocolate Gooey Brownie Ice Cream Pints Due to Possible Undeclared Peanuts.
- Marsee Baking Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Peanuts In Cookies Sold At Café Yumm! Restaurants.
- World Organix, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Blissful Remedies Red Maeng Da 100% Mitragyna Speciosa, Blissful Remedies Red Maeng Da Liquid Kratom Mitragyna Speciosa, Blissful Remedies 4 Hour Chill Slow Motion Blend, Due to High Microbial Loads Contamination.
- Zakah Life, LLC is recalling the following Kratom products (Super Green Maeng Da Premium Kratom powder, Powerful Red Vein Bali Premium Kratom powder, Super Green Maeng Da Premium Kratom capsules, and Powerful Red Vein Bali Premium Kratom capsules) with expiration dates prior to 01/01/2023 because they have the potential of being contaminated with Salmonella.
- H&H Sports recalls VCAN V531 motorcycle helmets. The helmet straps may not be properly sewn and, as a result, the helmets may not stay secured to the rider’s head in the event of a crash.
- Xtava Recalls Allure Hair Dryers Due to Fire, Burn and Electrical Shock Hazards. The hair dryer and power cord can overheat and catch on fire, posing fire, burn and electrical shock hazards.
- Koehler-Bright Star Recalls Flashlights Due to Explosion Hazard. The flashlights are missing an encapsulation on a circuit board component which protects the flashlight from igniting an explosive environment, posing an injury hazard to the user or bystander.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com