Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
24 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Edwards Lifesciences, LLC, Recalls SAPIEN 3 Ultra Delivery System Due to Burst Balloons During Surgery, Which May Result in Vascular Injury, Bleeding, or Surgical Intervention.
- Altaire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Issues Voluntary Recall Of Veterinary Ophthalmic Products.
- Volkswagen is recalling 679,000 U.S. vehicles sold since 2011 that could roll away because of an electrical issue. VW said a build-up of silicate on the shift lever micro switch contacts is to blame.
- Harley-Davidson recalls Touring and CVO Touring motorcycles. The motorcycles may be missing rear red reflectors.
- Darsan Trading Co. is recalling 450 HCI 100 matt black motorcycle helmets in size XL. The helmets may not adequately protect the wearer in the event of a head impact during a motorcycle crash.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Thor Motor Coach (TMC) is recalling 181 model year 2019-2020 Omni and Magnitude motorhomes. The battery tray may be improperly welded to the chassis frame, allowing the battery tray to detach from the chassis.
- Forest River recalls Flagstaff and Cherokee Arctic Wolf recreational trailers. The rotating pin box may rotate in two places, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Forest River recalls model year 2020 Columbus Fifthwheel Trailers. The rear ladder blocks the egress window on the rear wall.
- Club Car Recalls Gas Golf and Transport Vehicles Due to Fire and Burn Hazards. Fuel can leak from an improperly-routed fuel line, posing fire and burn hazards.
- Club Car Recalls Gas Utility and Transport Vehicles Due to Risk of Fuel Leak and Fire Hazard. Under continuous operations with low speed idling periods and a full gas tank, the fuel vent can allow fuel to leak, posing a fire hazard.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Allergy Alert for Undeclared Egg in “Decorated Red Apple Cookies” Issued by Southern Pacific Whole Foods Market Stores.
- Tip Top Poultry, Inc. Recalls Fully Cooked Poultry Products due to Possible Listeria Contamination.
- Olympia Meats Recalls Ready-To-Eat Pork Sausage Products due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Great One Trading Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Fish Cakes.
- TLW Trading recalls QQ Fish brand Mushroom Fish Balls. The product contains egg, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Krasnyi Oktyabr USA Inc Issues Alert on Undeclared Sulfites in “Tainy Vostoka Assorted Dry Fruits Apple”.
- Krasnyi Oktyabr USA Inc Issues Alert on Undeclared Sulfites in “Tainy Vostoka Assorted Dry Fruits Quince”
- AWERS, Inc. of Bellevue, WA is voluntarily recalling Grained Salmon Caviar 95g (Sockeye Salmon Caviar) Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Kananaskistrade recalls Grained Salmon Caviar. The product may be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum.
- Piping Rock Health Products Recalls Wintergreen Essential Oil Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Closure Requirements; Risk of Poisoning.
Infant & Children Products:
- SAMpark Recalls Children’s Pajamas Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard. The pajamas fail to meet the federal flammability standard for children’s sleepwear that requires sleepwear to be either snug-fitting or flame resistant, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
- Crate and Barrel Recalls Push Walkers Due to Choking and Laceration Hazards. Walkers can be damaged over time exposing sharp points and small parts, posing choking and laceration hazards to small children.
- Norwex Recalls Rubber Brooms Due to Laceration Hazard. The broom handles can break in half, exposing a metal inner rim, posing a laceration hazard to the user.
- Southwire Recalls Electrical Outlet Boxes Due to Fire Hazard. The electrical receptacles can overheat when in use, posing a fire hazard.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com