Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
28 Recalls to be aware this week.
- UPDATED: Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Valsartan/Amlodipine/HCTZ, Valsartan/Amlodipine and Valsartan Tablets.
- King Bio Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of it’s Kids and Infant Products Due to Potential Microbial Contamination.
Recalled Valsartan Tablets
- FCA recalls 210,000 new Jeeps and Dodges due to a brake issue. Bad brake caliper pistons can form bubbles in the brake fluid.
- Karma recalls model year 2018 Reveros. The vehicles have an incorrect driver-side exterior rearview mirror.
- American Honda recalls off-road motorcycles. The clutch outer can break, posing crash and injury hazards.
- Model year 2018 TowBlazer Heritage motorcycle tow-behind trailers recalled. The axle spindles on the trailers may have a poor weld, possibly resulting in the spindle breaking and the wheel detaching, increasing the risk of a crash.
Recalled Off-Road Motorcycle
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Model year 2018 Thor Ace 27.2 RVs recalled. The rubber LP hose may sag and contact the tire in the wheel well.
- Thor Motor Coach recalls Outlaw motorhomes. The vehicles are missing their rear reflex reflectors.
- Model year 2018 Heartland Sundance XLT TT recreational trailers recalled. The vehicles may have incorrect load range tires.
- Model year 2019 Keystone Summerland recreational trailers recalled. The single propane bottle brackets mounting legs may break.
- Forest River recalls Cherokee Wolf Pup recreational trailers. The single propane bottle brackets mounting legs may break.
- Polaris has recalled certain model-year 2017-18 ACE 150 and model-year 2018 Ranger 150 models due to a crash hazard. The front suspension lower ball joint can separate over time, posing a crash hazard. The number of units affected is about 5,900.
- American Landmaster Recalls Off-Road Utility Vehicles Due to Fire and Burn Hazards. Gas can leak from the utility vehicle’s gas tank, posing fire and burn hazards.
Recalled Off-Road Utility Vehicle
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- The Centers For Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) confirmed after testing infected Chipotles customers that the Ohio outbreak was due to clostridium perfringens — a foodborne disease that occurs when food is left at an unsafe temperature.
- Packaged, pre-chopped salad mix recalled after positive test for Listeria.
- Listeria test prompts Greenbelt Greenhouse to recall microgreens.
- Taylor Farms Northwest recalls ready-to-eat meatloaf. The product contains anchovies and milk, allergens not declared on the label.
- Lipari Foods Issues Voluntary Recall of Premo Brand Turkey & Cheese Wedge Sandwiches Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Albertsons, Safeway, Pak ‘N Save, and Vons recall beef products in 7 states.
- Cargill Meat Solutions Recalls Ground Beef Products due to Possible E. coli O157:H7 Contamination.
- World Organix recalls various Blissful Remedies products. The products are contaminated with high microbial loads.
- More kratom recalled; health officials and enthusiasts still disagree on dangers. They tested positive for Salmonella, according to a company notice posted by the FDA.
Recalled Chopped Salad Mix
Recalled Ground Beef
Infant & Children Products:
- Company, governments investigate contaminated infant formula powder. The Danone company has been hit by several food safety issues recently, including a consumer reporting insects in a pack of its infant formula and another batch of baby formula testing positive for Cronobacter sakazakii bacteria.
- Manhattan Toy Recalls Toy Planes Due to Choking Hazard. The rubber tires can separate from the wheels, posing a choking hazard for young children.
Recalled Baby Formula
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- Radagast Pet Food Voluntarily Expands Recall to Include Rad Cat Raw Diet Products with Best by Dates of 10/19/18 through 12/3/19 Due to Potential Health Risk.
Recalled Raw Cat Food
- Yamaha Recalls Snowmobiles Due to Injury Hazard. The passenger handgrips can come loose during operation of the snowmobile, increasing the risk that the passenger could lose balance and fall, resulting in severe injury.
- Confer Plastics Recalls Pool Step Systems Due to Entrapment and Drowning Hazard. Children’s limbs can become entrapped in the side openings of the step systems, posing a drowning hazard.
- Vornado Air Reannounces Recall of Electric Space Heaters Following Report of Death; Fire and Burn Hazards. The electric space heater can overheat when in use, posing fire and burn hazards.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com