Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
28 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Precision Dose recalls Ranitidine Oral Solution. The medication is contaminated with a probable cancer-causer.
- RESURRECTIONbeauty recalls Wintergreen Essential Oil. The product’s packaging is not child resistant.
- Ford announced two separate recalls, though neither has resulted in any known injuries.
- The first recall, which deals with a tailgate malfunction, affects 261,617 examples of 2017-2019 F-250, F-350, and F-450 Super Duty pickups.
- The second, which anticipates the possibility of a fuel leak, affects 3,893 units of 2020 Explorer and 2020 Lincoln Aviator SUVs with 3.0-liter engines.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Forest River recalls Cherokee Alpha Wolf Travel Trailers. The wire supplying power for the refrigerator may not have overcurrent protection.
- TMC recalls Magnitude and Omni motorhomes. A loose seat back may not adequately restrain an occupant in a crash.
- Thor Motor Coach recalls Sequence 20L motorhomes. The solar panel may detach from the luggage rack.
- Gulf Stream recalls Amerilite, Conquest, Innsbruck, Grand River, Kingsport and Trail Master trailers. Carbon monoxide or propane could be released into the trailer.
- Arcimoto is recalling 13 model year 2019 FUVs. The braided shielding of the high-voltage harness may short against an energized component causing a main fuse to blow, resulting in a loss of drive power.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Fuji Food Products Inc. has initiated a recall of ready to eat sushi, salads and spring rolls due to potential contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Risk of exploding bottles prompts recall of Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce. This poses a risk of hot chili sauce irritating eyes or skin.
- Mondelēz Global is recalling a limited quantity of Cheese Nips. The product may contain small food-grade yellow plastic pieces from a dough scraper.
- White Castle Frozen Food Division Announces Voluntary Recall of a Limited Production of Frozen Sandwiches Sold in Select Grocery Outlets Due to Possible Presence of Listeria Monocytogenes.
- Ajinomoto Foods North America is recalling approximately 172,692 pounds of chicken fried rice. The product may be contaminated with extraneous materials — specifically pieces of plastic.
- Tropical Nut and Fruit Co. Issues Allergy Alert of Undeclared Soy and Tree Nut (Almonds) on Their Truly Good Foods South of the Border Mix.
- Euroline Foods recalls Dry Fruit Mix Quince Compote. The product contains sulfites, which are not declared on the label.
- Select varieties of Breakstone’s cottage cheese recalled. The products may contain pieces of red plastic and metal.
- Tailor Cut Produce is recalling its Fruit luau, cut honeydew, cut cantaloupe and cut pineapple products because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Dole Fresh Vegetables Announces Precautionary Limited Recall of Colorful Coleslaw
- Pork recall 2019: 515,000 pounds of pork products recalled because they were not inspected.
- Lin’s Waha Int’l Corp Issues Alert on Undeclared Sulfites and Cyclamates in “Suantianyangmei Waxberry and Bingtangyangmei Waxberry”.
- Nassau Candy Distributors Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk Allergen in Nancy Adams, Dark Chocolate Graham Crackers.
Infant & Children Products:
- DaVinci Recalls Bassinets Due to Fall Hazard. The bassinet’s support legs can break, posing a fall hazard to babies.
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- The J. M. Smucker Company Issues Voluntary Recall of Specific Lots of Special Kitty® Wet, Canned Cat Food Due to Health Concerns.
- Trek Recalls Super Commuter+ Electric Bicycles Due to Fall Hazard. The front fender bolt can unthread causing the wheel to detach from the bicycle, posing a fall hazard to the rider.
- Surly Bikes Recalls Bicycle Racks Due to Crash and Injury Hazards. The recalled front bicycle rack can loosen and contact the front wheel, posing crash and injury hazards to the rider.
- Stanley Black & Decker recalls wooden handle nailing hammer. The molded grip on the hammer can come loose.
- WilliamsRDM Recalls Cooktop Fire Suppressors Due to Risk of Failure to Activate and Suppress Fires. The StoveTop FireStop (STFS) Rangehood and Microhood Automatic Cooktop Fire Suppressors can fail to activate the sealed openings that allow the suppressant powder to feed out of the canister and suppress the fire.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com