Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
26 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Tris Pharma Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Infants’ Ibuprofen Concentrated Oral Suspension, USP (NSAID) 50 mg per 1.25 mL, Due to Potential Higher Concentrations of Ibuprofen.
- Mylan Expands Its Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Valsartan Tablets, USP, Amlodipine and Valsartan Tablets, USP, and Valsartan and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets, USP, to all Lots Within Expiry Due to The Detection of Trace Amounts of NDEA (N-Nitrosodiethylamine) Impurity Found in the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient.
- Lamborghini recalls model year 2011-2014 Gallardo Coupes and Spyders. The Engine Control Unit software may erase trouble codes after the ignition is turned off, not illuminating warning lamps and preventing drivers from being warned of safety system problems the next time that they are driving.
- Maserati recalls model year 2014-2015 Quattroportes and Ghiblis. The fuel lines may have been damaged during production, possibly resulting in a fuel leak.
- Ducati recalls Monster 1200, Monster 821, SuperSport and SuperSport S motorcycles. The shift lever may have been incorrectly assembled, possibly resulting in the shift knob detaching from the lever.
- Ducati Panigale V4, V4 S, and V4 SP motorcycles recalled. The oil cooler output port may crack, causing an oil leak which can increase the risk of a crash.
- Polaris Industries is recalling 11,371 model year 2015-2016 Polaris Slingshot, Slingshot SL and Slingshot SL LE motorcycles equipped with a backup camera. The back-up camera may fail internally, possibly melting the voltage regulator and blowing the fuse for that circuit, thereby preventing the taillight from functioning properly.
Recalled Ducati Motorcycle
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Heartland recalls Pioneer and Prowler recreational trailers. The inner hub bearings may not have been sufficiently greased, which can cause the bearings to overheat and fail. This could affect handling and increase the risk of a crash.
- Grand Design RV is recalling 119 model year 2019 Grand Design Imagine recreational trailers, built on D28H, D35, D40 or D44 trailer axles. The inner hub bearings may not have been sufficiently greased, which can cause them to overheat and fail.
- Kawasaki USA Recalls Off-Highway Utility Vehicles Due to Injury Hazard. The vehicle’s rollover protection structure (ROPS) can fail to protect consumers, posing an injury hazard.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Hiland Dairy Announces Voluntary Recall of Hiland Dairy Half-Gallon Whole Chocolate Milk.
- Chukar Cherries Expands Recall of Ultra Dark Chocolate Product Due to Undeclared Milk.
- Danone North America Issues Allergy Alert and Recall for Light & Fit Greek Crunch S’mores Flavor.
- Accra Super Market Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Peanuts in ‘Suya Barbecue Seasoning’.
- 3-D Meats, LLC Recalls Ready-To-Eat Beef Snack Stick Products due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- JBS Tolleson, Inc. Recalls Raw Beef Products due to Possible Salmonella Newport Contamination.
- Eat Smart kale salad kits are under recall in Canada because government sample testing returned positive results for Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
- Amboy Group LLC is recalling an undetermined amount of Shop Rite brand raw, skinless, boneless chicken products because they contain known allergens that are not declared on their labels as required by federal law.
- Fine Land Corp Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk Allergens in “Meiqili Durian Candy”.
Infant & Children Products:
- Meijer Recalls Children’s Hooded Jackets Due to Choking Hazard. The zipper slider can detach from the hoodie, posing a choking hazard to young children.
- Skip Hop Recalls Convertible High Chairs Due to Injury and Fall Hazards. The legs on the highchair can detach from the seat, posing fall and injury hazards to children.
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- Columbia River Natural Pet Foods Inc. Recalls Cow Pie Fresh Frozen Meats for Dogs and Cats Because of Possible Listeria monocytogenes Health Risk.
- Kroger Louisville Division Recalls Abound Chicken and Brown Rice Dog Food Because of Elevated Vitamin D Levels.
- King Soopers and City Market Recalls Abound Chicken and Brown Rice Dog Food Because of Elevated Vitamin D Levels.
- Foremost Recalls Shower Doors and Panels Due to Injury and Impact Hazards. The pivot hinges can fail and cause the glass door panel to separate from its frame, posing impact and injury hazards.
- Signature Hardware Recalls Wall-Mounted Shower Seats Due to Fall and Laceration Hazards. The aluminum hardware supporting the shower seat can corrode, posing fall and laceration hazards.
Recalled Shower Door
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com