Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
25 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals recalls various lots of ranitidine tablets and syrup. The medications may be contaminated with a probable cancer-causer.
- Aston Martin recalls DB11 Coupes, Volantes and Vantage and DBS Superleggera Coupes. The locking nut fasteners on the passenger airbag may not be tightened properly.
- Ford Motor Co said on Friday it would recall 547,538 of its Ford Super Duty pickup trucks across the United States, Canada and Mexico, citing the risk of a post-crash interior fire.
- Toyota recalls thousands of Prius hybrids due to speedometer malfunction.
- Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) is recalling 2,108 model year 2012-2017 i-MiEVs. Water may penetrate the brake assist vacuum pump, causing corrosion and a failure of the brake vacuum pump.
- Daimler Vans USA (DVUSA) is recalling three model year 2019 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter and Freightliner vehicles. A seam on the height adjuster for the front seats may have been insufficiently welded.
- Ducati North America is recalling certain 2018 Multistrada 1260, 1260S, and Pikes Peak motorcycles. The side stand may be improperly welded, potentially causing the stand to break. If the stand breaks the motorcycle may unexpectedly fall over, increasing the risk of injury.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Newmar Corporation is recalling six model year 2020 Mountain Aire motorhomes built on a Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) chassis. The low beam bulbs may not remain illuminated when the high beam bulbs are activated.
- Winnebago Industries is recalling 638 model year 2017-2020 Itasca Vista, Sunstar and Adventurer 35F motorhomes. An electrical connector was mounted directly on the floor instead of to a standoff bracket as intended.
- Thor Motor Coach (TMC) is recalling 1,785 model year 2014-2017 Tuscany XTE, model year 2013-2018 Tuscany and model year 2016-2020 Venetian motorhomes. The rear reflectors within the taillight lens may be too high, reducing the vehicle’s visibility. The incorrectly positioned reflectors may make the motorhome less visible to others on the road, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Keystone recalls model year 2014 Springdale trailers. The federal ID tag may have the incorrect tire, rim and axle size.
- KZRV is recalling 1,122 model year 2019-2020 Connect and Sportsmen trailers equipped with an optional Rock Run flip up rear storage rack. The rack and all items secured to it may detach from the trailer, becoming a road hazard and increasing the risk of a crash.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- CATSMO LLC. is recalling Cold Smoked Salmon because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Northern Fisheries LTD of Little Compton, R.I., is recalling frozen, wild-caught yellowfin Tuna Medallions – a product of Vietnam. The product may contain elevated levels of histamine, which can produce an allergic reaction.
- UNFI is recalling five-pound bags of its Wild Harvest Organic All-Purpose Flour, Unbleached. The product may be contaminated with E. coli.
- Hodgson Mill Issues recalls Unbleached All-Purpose White Wheat Flour. The product may be contaminated with pathogenic E. coli.
- White Castle is recalling certain frozen hamburgers and cheeseburgers because of a test returned positive results for the pathogen Listeria monocytogenes.
- Ruiz Food Products, Inc. Recalls Frozen Sausage Breakfast Burrito Products due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- Wisconsin finds E. coli O157 in bagged Fresh Express romaine from California’s Salinas Valley.
- A public health alert about certain imported chicken soup packaged under the H-E-B brand because consumer complaints led to the discovery that it is misbranded and contains undeclared allergens.
- Nassau Candy Distributors recalls Nancy Adams, Dark Chocolate Graham Crackers. The product may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Suantianyangmei and Bingtangyangmei Waxberry recalled. The products contain sulfites and cyclamates not declared on the label.
- Profile Design Recalls Bicycle Carbon Aerobars Due to Crash Hazard. The bicycle aerobars can crack and break, causing the rider to lose control and crash.
- Bass Pro Recalls MR. STEAK™ Gas Grills Due to Fire Hazard. The gas regulator hose with attached fuel gauge can melt if it comes in contact with the bottom of the grill’s firebox, posing a fire hazard.
- WilliamsRDM is recalling about 9,300 pairs of WilliamsRDM StoveTop FireStop Rangehood and Microhood Automatic Cooktop Fire Suppressors. The StoveTop FireStop (STFS) Rangehood and Microhood Automatic Cooktop Fire Suppressors can fail to activate the sealed openings that allow the suppressant powder to feed out of the canister and suppress the fire.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com