Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
29 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Extracorporeal Photopheresis (ECP) Treatment: The FDA is evaluating recent reports of venous thromboembolism (VTE), including pulmonary embolism (PE), in patients who received autologous immune cell therapy with the CELLEX Photopheresis System by Therakos, Inc. The onset of these events typically occurred during, or shortly after, active treatment sessions.
- Philips is recalling the HeartStart MRx Defibrillator due to a defect in the device’s Gas Discharge Tube (GDT). The GDT has micro cracks which allows internal gasses to escape and causes the tubes to not function as expected.
Extracorporeal Photopheresis (ECP) Treatment
- Jaguar Land Rover North America is recalling 10,073 model year 2018 Jaguar XE, XF, E-PACE, F-PACE and F-TYPE vehicles equipped with a 2.0L gasoline engine. The fuel rail end caps may leak, possibly resulting in fuel vapor or liquid fuel leaking into the engine bay.
- Harley-Davidson issues massive recall of motorcycles with braking issue. The motorcycles may suffer reduced braking ability, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Triumph Motorcycles America is recalling 2,824 model year 2016-2018 Thruxton and Thruxton R motorcycles. The engine may stall if the throttle is open or closed quickly while the clutch lever is pulled in, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Suzuki in the U.K. has confirmed a recall of its GSX-R1000 and GSX-R1000R models, which will be completed under the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency’s (DVSA) Code of Practice. The recall affects just over 600 registered motorcycles in the U.K., and has been instigated to replace the ECU of affected machines.
Recalled Harley Davidson
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- DRV recalls Tradition, Full House, Elite Suites and Estates fifth wheel travel trailers. The front side reflex reflectors are located outside the required area.
- Liberty Outdoors is recalling 62 model year 2018 Little Guy Max recreational trailers, equipped with a Smart-Jack model power tongue jack. The laminated plastic touch pad on the jack may crack or separate allowing water to enter, potentially causing the jack to operate unintentionally.
- Jayco is recalling 26 model year 2018 Eagle travel trailers, model 333BHOK. The flame on the Furrion cook top can become inverted or go out when the furnace is turned on, however, liquid propane (LP) gas will continue to flow to the burners.
- Lance Camper Manufacturing is recalling 1,164 model year 2018 travel trailers, models 1985, 1995, 2185, 2155, 2295, and 2375. The vehicle’s battery may move within its compartment while the vehicle is in motion, causing the battery door to open and allowing the battery to fall out.
- Jayco is recalling 461 model year 2018 Eagle EA, EB, ED travel trailers. The federal and cargo carrying capacity (CCC) labels on these vehicles may incorrectly list the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) as 11,750 lbs, when it is 11,700 lbs. If the GVWR is incorrect it can allow the vehicle to be overloaded, increasing the risk of a crash.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Kanan Enterprises Conducts Voluntary Recall of Southern Grove Unsalted Almond Due to Undeclared Wheat and Soy.
- Meijer is announcing a voluntary recall of select Meijer branded Greek and Low-fat yogurt as a precautionary measure due to the potential risk of a small glass particles. Meijer became aware of the issue when a customer returned a yogurt cup containing two small pieces of glass.
- K.J. Foods Inc. is recalling KJ brand sweet and sour chicken and sesame chicken because incorrect cooking instructions on the packages could result in food poisoning.
- Whip City Jerky of Westfield, Mass., is recalling approximately 1,391 pounds of beef jerky products. The products contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Guymon Extracts of Guymon, Okla., is recalling approximately 4,202 pounds of fully cooked pork soup. A processing deviation that may have allowed potential spore-forming pathogen growth including Clostridium botulinum and Clostridium perfringens.
- Weis Markets Issues Recall for Weis Quality Dried Beef Party Rye Dip Sold In 11 Stores.
- Weis Markets Issues Recall for its Pre-Made Penne Pasta with Asiago Sauce and Grilled Chicken Single Serving Meal Due to Undeclared Milk Allergen.
- The Canadian Food Inspection Agency’s Food recall of turnip sticks has been expanded to include Compliments brand Baby Cut Turnip Strips to Sawler brand Turnip Sticks.
Recalled Sweet & Sour Chicken
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- Smokehouse Pet Products Inc Recalls Limited Lots of “Beefy Munchies” Sold Regionally Because of Possible Salmonella Contamination.
- Raws For Paws Recalls Turkey Pet Food Because of Possible Salmonella Health Risk.
- Redbarn Pet Products Issues Voluntary Recall of Dog Chews, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
Recalled Dog Chew
- Lenovo Recalls ThinkPad Laptops Due to Fire Hazard. An unfastened screw can damage the battery causing ovearheating, posing a fire hazard.
- Fujitsu Recalls Battery Packs for Fujitsu Notebook Computers and Workstations Due to Fire and Burn Hazards. The lithium-ion battery packs can overheat, posing burn and fire hazards to consumers.
- B & P Lamp Supply Recalls Lamp Sockets Due to Fire Hazard. The lamp socket screw does not fasten tightly which can result in arcing or overheating, posing a fire hazard.
- Tiffany & Co. Recalls Crystal Mugs Due to Burn and Laceration Hazards. The mugs can crack or break when used with or exposed to hot liquids, posing burn and laceration hazards.
- Kohler Recalls Gasoline Engines Due to Risk of Fuel Leak and Fire Hazard. The engines have a faulty fuel cap, which can allow over-pressurization in the fuel tank, posing a risk of a fuel leak and fire hazard.
- Husqvarna Recalls Residential Zero Turn Riding Mowers Due to Fire Hazard. An incorrect routing of the fuel line can cause it to wear and leak, posing a fire hazard.
- Poppin Recalls Pitch Rolling Chairs Due to Fall Hazard. The seat plate can break and detach from the seat base, posing a fall hazard.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com