Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
12 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Apace Packaging LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Acyclovir (Lot 19900) Due to Product Mix-up.
- Ford expands ‘Do Not Drive’ airbag warning to 33,000 more Ranger trucks. Ford on Monday warned an additional 33,000 owners of older pickup trucks in North America to stop driving them until potentially defective Takata Corp airbag inflators can be repaired.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Model year 2017-2018 Georgetown RVs recalled. Brake fluid may leak or air may be ingested during braking.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Pork and chicken empanadas recalled for undeclared allergen. The products contain egg, a known allergen, which is not listed in the ingredient statement on the label.
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation Recalls Ready-to-Eat Chicken Products due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
Infant & Children Products:
- Tea Collection Recalls Children’s Rompers Due to Choking Hazard. The snaps near the collar can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- FDA Announcement of Certain Raw Pet Foods Made by Arrow Reliance Inc., Including Darwin’s Natural Pet Products and ZooLogics Pet Food.
- Recall Expansion Smokehouse Pet Products Inc. Recalls All Lots of “Beefy Munchies” Sold Nationwide Because Of Possible Salmonella Contamination.
- Specialized Bicycle Components Recalls Bicycles Due to Crash Hazard. The fork on the bicycle can break and cause the rider to lose control, posing a crash hazard.
- ISO Beauty Recalls Hair Dryers Due to Burn Hazard. The cord can become brittle near the base of the dryer, posing burn hazards.
- Rural King Recalls Electric Blankets and Throws Due to Fire and Burn Hazards. The blankets’ and throws’ electric cord can overheat and catch on fire, posing fire and burn hazards.
- West Elm Recalls Glass Tables Due to Risk of Injury. The tempered glass top can shatter unexpectedly, posing a laceration and injury hazard to the user or bystanders.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com