Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
25 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Clarithromycin (Biaxin): Drug Safety Communication – Potential Increased Risk of Heart Problems or Death in Patients With Heart Disease.
- Labetalol Hydrochloride Injection by Hospira: Recall – Potential For Cracked Glass At Rim Surface Of Vials.
- Motors North America (MMNA) is recalling 158,651 model year 2011-2016 Outlander Sport vehicles. Water may enter between the hood and windshield and cause the front wiper link ball joint to corrode, possibly resulting in the wiper link separating and the wipers becoming inoperative.
- Monster Moto Recalls Mini Bikes Due to Fire Hazard. The fuel tank venting system can leak, posing a fire hazard.
- Fuel Helmets is recalling SH-HHGL1 helmets, size small. The strap that secures the helmet to the rider’s head may fail in low or high temperatures. If the helmet strap fails to keep the helmet secured in the event of a crash, the rider has an increased risk of injury.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Model year 2017-2018 Georgetown RVs recalled. Brake fluid may leak or air may be ingested during braking.
- Keystone recalls model year 2018 Crossroads Sunset trailers. The vehicle has tires that are incorrect for its weight.
- Newmar recalls model year 2018 Essex motorhomes. The low beam headlights do not illuminate as intended in some cases.
- Model year 2017 Bay Stars, Bay Star Sports, and Canyon Stars recalled. Brake fluid may leak or air may be ingested during braking.
- TMC recalls model year 2018 Freedom Traveler motorhomes. A heat shield between the liquid propane tank and the generator exhaust pipe may be missing.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Snyder’s Lance recalls Emerald Glazed Walnuts. The product may contain peanuts, almonds, cashews and pecans, allergens not declared on the label.
- Heinen’s potato gnocchi recalled for undeclared allergen. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
- Walmart, Loblaw, Metro recall popcorn in Canada; insects found. Great Value brand popcorn from Walmart stores after a consumer complained of finding insects in the product.
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corp. is recalling more than 50 tons of ready-to-eat chicken patties from schools and other institutions nationwide after a consumer complained of finding rubber in the product.
- Night Hawk Frozen Foods, Inc. Recalls Frozen Beef Products Due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Triple T Specialty Meats Inc. Recalls Chicken Salad Products Due to Possible Salmonella Contamination.
- Sunneen Health Foods recalls Vegan Buffalo Chicken Bites. The product contains almonds, an allergen not declared on the label.
- A & A Finest recalls frozen pork and shrimp dumplings. The product contains egg, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Saker ShopRites recalls empanadas, the products contain egg, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Yamaha Recalls Golf Cars and Personal Transportation Vehicles Due to Crash Hazard. The brake cables on the golf cars and PTVs can fail, posing a crash hazard.
- TR Industries is recalling approximately 2,800 units of various boat care products sold under the brand name Seapower Marine. The products do not meet labelling requirements for consumer chemical products under the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act.
- Whirlpool Recalls KitchenAid Electric Kettles Due to Burn Hazard. The handle can loosen and separate from the kettle, causing hot contents to spill, posing a burn hazard.
- NEMO Equipment Recalls Stargaze Recliner Chairs Due to Fall Hazard; Sold Exclusively at REI. The straps on the chair seats can fail, posing a fall hazard.
- Outdoor Gas Fire Pits Recalled Due to Burn Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Home Depot; Made by Yayi. The bowl base of the fire pits lacks a heat shield to protect consumers from burns while turning off the propane tank after use, posing a burn hazard.
- Cost Plus World Market Recalls Bleeding Drip Taper Candles Due to Fire Hazard. The candles’ high flame can ignite the surface of the wax, posing a fire hazard.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com