Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
13 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Stryker Launches Voluntary Field Action for Specific Units of the LIFEPAK® 15 Monitor/Defibrillator. The company is notifying certain LIFEPAK 15 customers of an issue that may cause the device to lock up after a defibrillation shock is delivered.
- Tris Pharma, Inc Expands Its Voluntary Nationwide Retail Recall of Ibuprofen Oral Suspension Drops, USP, 50 mg per 1.25 mL, Due to Higher Concentration of Ibuprofen.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Oskri Organics Corporation Recalls All Nut Butters because of Possible Health Risk.
- Perdue Foods, LLC Recalls Refrigerated Fun Shapes Chicken Breast Nuggets Due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Tyson Foods, Inc. Recalls Chicken Nugget Products due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation Recalls Breaded Popcorn Chicken Products Due To Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- Taylor Farms TX, Inc. Recalls Chicken Products Due To Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Harvest Food Group recalls chicken fried rice. The product contains milk, an allergens not declared on the label.
- Nature’s Rx Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Silver Bullet 10x to Undeclared PDE-5 Inhibitors in the Product. This recall has been initiated because the product was found to contain undeclared sildenafil and tadalafil.
Infant & Children Products:
- Hot Mom Recalls Bed Rails Due to Violation of Federal Standard for Portable Bed Rails: Sold Exclusively on Amazon.com. The bed rails fail to meet the federal mandatory standard for portable bed rails, posing entrapment and suffocation hazards to young children.
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- Hill’s Pet Nutrition Voluntarily Recalls Select Canned Dog Food for Excessive Vitamin D.
- Purina Animal Nutrition is recalling two lots of Purina Honor Show Chow Showlamb Grower. The product has elevated copper levels, which can cause health issues and potential mortality in sheep.
- Woody’s Pet Food Deli is recalling three date codes of raw turkey pet food found to be contaminated with Salmonella. The agriculture department initiated testing after the Minnesota Department of Health identified a human case of Salmonella Reading linked to the pet food.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com