Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
28 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- GE Healthcare Recalls CARESCAPE Respiratory Modules Due to Incorrect Oxygen Values.
- GE Healthcare Recalls Carestation 600 Series Anesthesia Systems Due to Loss of Mechanical Ventilation.
- General Motors has issued a recall for select 2014-2015 Cadillac CTS V-Sport sedans due to roll pins in the rear differential that could crack. The recall only affects 2,866 vehicles, but it is expected that 100% of those vehicles have the defective parts.
- Triumph Motorcycles America, LTD is recalling 3,244 model year 2016-2018 Thruxton, model year 2016-2019 Thruxton R and model year 2020 Thruxton TFC motorcycles. The side stand spring may fracture, possibly allowing the side stand switch to activate and shut off the engine.
- Triumph Motorcycles America is recalling 1,304 model year 2019-2020 Speed Twin motorcycles. The gear shift lever linkage may separate from shifter ball joint, resulting in an inability to change gears.
- Arcimoto is recalling 50 model year 2019 FUV motorcycles. Due to an electrical interference within the electrical harnesses and modules, the instrument cluster display may fail.
- Arcimoto is recalling 50 model year 2019 FUV motorcycles. During full right steering lock, the brake line may contact the steering main-link. The contact may wear through the hard brake line, causing a loss of braking ability and increasing the risk of a crash.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Polaris has issued a recall on model year 2019 Polaris PRO XD Utility Vehicles. The rear brake line can become punctured, causing the rear brakes to fail, posing a collision and crash hazard to the rider.
- Forest River recalls model year 2020 Shockwave Toyhauler trailers. The federal placard contains the incorrect tire pressure.
- Winnebago Industries is recalling 212 model year 2020 Adventurer motorhomes. When using 30 AMP service, the heat coil may not disengage when the Power Control System (PCS) calls to stop the air conditioner power.
- Forest River recalls model year 2019-2020 Georgetown motorhomes. The liquid propane supply line may leak gas.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- New Seasons Market Recalls Grab N’ Go Vegetarian Lasagna w/Gluten Free Pasta Due to Undeclared Soy.
- Astrochef of Rockwall, Texas, is recalling approximately 7,363 pounds of pepperoni stuffed pizza sandwiches. The product, which is labeled as pepperoni stuffed pizza sandwich, but may contain meatball stuffed pizza sandwich, may contain soy, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Allergy Alert Issued for Undeclared Milk in Bundt Cake and Chocolate Dipped Cookies Sold at 44 Whole Foods Market Stores in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
- Nuts ‘N More LLC. Recalls: Plain Peanut Spread Because Of Possible Health Risk.
- Corinthian Foods Recall 5 Lb Bags of Uncooked Sweet Potato Crusted Alaska Nuggets 1 Oz. Due to Mislabeling.
- Family Traditions Meat Company Recalls Ready-to-Eat Meat Stick Products Due to Misbranding and an Undeclared Allergen.
- Dandy Food Products recalls Salted Egg Fish Skin. The products did not undergo import inspection.
- Salud Natural Entrepreneur Inc. Recalls Nopalina Flax Seed Fiber Powder and Nopalina Flax Seed Fiber Capsules Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Sun Organic Recalls Wintergreen Essential Oils Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Packaging Requirements; Risk of Poisoning. The product contains the substance methyl salicylate, which must be in child resistant packaging as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act (PPPA).
Infant & Children Products
- Juratoys Recalls Bead Maze Toys Due to Choking Hazard. The wooden triangle shape piece fails to meet the mandatory federal standard for small parts, posing a choking hazard to young children.
- Infantino Recalls Infant Carriers Due to Fall Hazard. The buckles on the infant carriers can break, posing a fall hazard.
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- Cargill Conducts Voluntary Recall of a Single Lot of Nutrebeef® Transition Pellet Due to Elevated Levels of Monesin.
- Rawlings Recalls Catcher’s Helmets Due to Risk of Head Injury. The back plate of the catcher’s helmet can fail to protect the player, posing a risk of head injury to the user.
- Rooms To Go Recalls Patmos Chaise Lounge Chairs Due to Violation of Federal Lead Paint Ban. The paint used on the chair’s metal frame contains levels of lead that exceed the federal lead paint standard. Lead is toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health effects.
- Star Water Systems Recalls Sump Pumps Due to Fire Hazard. The sump pumps can overheat, posing a risk of fire.
- Country Home Products Recalls DR Walk Behind Leaf Blowers Due to Projectile Hazard. The blades inside the leaf blower can break off and discharge from the unit, posing a projectile hazard to the user or bystanders.
- K-Apparel of Buena Park, Calif., is recalling about 2,200 sets of children’s lounge pants. The garments fail to meet the flammability standard for children’s sleepwear that requires sleepwear to be either snug-fitting or flame resistant, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com