Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
25 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Continues its Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Levetiracetam in 0.54% Sodium Chloride Injection 1500mg/100mL Due to Mislabeling.
- Toyota recalls 1.7 million more vehicles for risk of shrapnel from exploding airbags. The airbags were made with the chemical ammonium nitrate and were prone to exploding upon deployment, potentially hurling fiery shrapnel into passengers.
- Subaru, Tesla, BMW, Volkswagen, Daimler Vans, Mercedes and Ferrari are recalling about 1.7 million vehicles to replace potentially deadly air bag inflators made by Takata Corp. of Japan. The inflators can hurl shrapnel into drivers and passengers.
- Fiat Chrysler recalls 882,000 pickup trucks for steering, pedal issues. A nut could come loose and prevent drivers from being able to steer the vehicle.
- Ford announced today that 3,500 North American models — 3,000 in the U.S. and 500 in Canada — are affected. The issue has to do with the PRNDL wiring bezel. Ford states the problem could prevent the shifter from locking into park, meaning you could shift out of park even with the vehicle off and your foot off the brake.
Recalled Toyota Vehicles
Recalled Fiat Vehicles
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Allergy Alert Issued by Santa Rosa Whole Foods Market for Undeclared Walnut, Milk and Eggs in “Hipster Chipster” Cookies.
- Frito-Lay Issues Voluntary Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk In Small Number of Stacy’s Simply Naked Pita Chips.
- Birdseed Food Co. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Cashews in Craft Granola Goldenola Turmeric & Ginger.
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation of Mt. Pleasant, Texas, is recalling approximately 58,020 pounds of not-ready-to-eat breaded popcorn chicken. The product may be contaminated with extraneous materials — specifically pieces of rubber.
- Taylor Farms TX is recalling approximately 2,100 pounds of chicken products incorrectly labeled as “Chile Relleno.” The product contains wheat, an allergen not declared on the label.
- VICS Acquisition, LLC Recalls Chicken Products due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens. The products contain eggs, a known allergen, that is not declared on the product label.
- Schneiders brand Country Naturals Wieners recalled. The product may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Golden City Bakery recalls Red Bean Mush. The product contains wheat, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Indigo Packaged Goodness brand Brewers Yeast Debittered recalled. The product contains peanuts, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Richwell Group, Inc. Recalls Siluriformes Products Produced Without Benefit of Import Inspection.
- Q’s American Best Trading recalls Sheat fish. The product was not re-inspected prior to entering the U.S.
- Maxfield Seafood recalls Sheat fish. The product was not re-inspected prior to entering the U.S.
- McDaniel Life-Line LLC Issues Voluntary Worldwide Recall of Indian Herb.
- New FDA alert on Salmonella outbreak says threat from tahini continues.
Recalled Whole Foods Market Cookies
Recalled Breaded Chicken
Recalled Chicken Meal
Infant & Children Products:
- Fisher-Price Recalls Children’s Power Wheels Barbie Campers Due to Injury Hazard. The children’s ride-on Power Wheels can continue to run after the foot pedal is released, posing an injury hazard.
- Crate and Barrel Canada recalls Holiday Bear Acrylic Milk Bottle. The plastic straw may crack, creating a laceration hazard.
Recalled Milk Bottle
- Dell Recalls Hybrid Power Adapters Sold with Power Banks Due to Shock Hazard. The hybrid power adapter casing can break and detach, exposing the internal metal components, posing an electric shock hazard.
- Delta Electronics Recalls Solar Inverters Due to Fire and Impact Hazards. The capacitors can fail and allow heat to build up and the cover can eject with force from the unit, posing fire and impact hazards.
- Restoration Hardware recalls subset of dark zinc Annecy and LaSalle coffee tables. The metal surface under the clear top coat may contain lead.
- DeWALT Recalls Drills Due to Shock Hazard. The drill’s wiring can contact internal moving parts, posing a shock hazard.
Recalled DeWalt Drill
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com